Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast

Default Adjustments and Fixes in the Near Future

Source: http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=572

Note: If anything is incorrect, please tell me.

---

Sakai has recently posted a list of user complaints and what the development team plans to do about it. They are extremely concerned about the longevity of the game; too many people hit 40 in September and they don't want a repeat of people being stuck at the level cap with nothing to do. They also don't want the game to be too easy that everything is done quickly.

---

Complaint: The EXP from 41 onwards is too steep.

Response: They are considering another nerf to the experience required. Right now you pretty much have to focus on one class, and this wasn't really the plan. Any change will be coming early November.

---

Complaint: The level cap Client Orders need to have their item numbers reduced.

Response: The level cap Client Orders will have the required numbers reduced. Any change will be coming early November.

---

Complaint: Rare Bosses are too rare.

Response: Rare boss rates will be increased Early November.

---

Complaint: Rare Items are too rare.

Response: 7*~9* items will have their drop rates increased. Due to the increase of rare boss enemies, it's believe that 10* items will now be easier to obtain. Any change will be coming early November.

---

Complaint: Some Matter Board items are too rare.

Response: After defeating a certain amount of an enemy, the item will drop regardless. This change will be coming in December.

(I might be reading this incorrectly, will need someone to check)

---

Complaint: Techers need an improvement.

Response: With a variety of skills and whatnot, Techers will attempted to be improved. This will come in early November.

---

Complaint: Some 10* weapons are too mediocre for being 10*.

Response: The following items may receive a boost:

- Berkverger
    - Noise Blower
    - Vardha Cannon
    - Umblla Stick
    - Vardha Beat
    - Magical Wand

Any changes will be coming early November.

---

Complaint: The Premium Set does not offer enough.

Response: The following things are being considered:

- An extra amount of FUN gained from Premium.
    - Maximum amount of COs held to be 40.
    - Increase the amount of Symbol Arts held.
    - Add a special premium drink to the medical centre (providing it's not an upgrade to the EX, I'm fine with this. Don't want unfair benefits in TA, lol).

FUN and CO increases are being implemented in December, while the other two points are still being considered.

---

Complaint: We want to block NPCs in our MPAs.

Response: They will be adding a checkbox to block NPCs in the party menu. To make MPA matching easier, players who do not tick this box upon creating a game cannot enter your MPA randomly (so boss rushers will not be joining rooms, unless they tick no NPC for some reason). If you join an MPA with the no NPC checkbox, your party settings will automatically have this checkbox entered.

This change will be coming in December (not soon enough!)

---

Complaint: It's hard to find games in another block.

Response: There will be a new option added; Find Party in Another Block. This will show the parties in the quest you choose in another block, so it is easier to find games.

This change will be coming in December.

---

Complaint: Team Chat Balloons should be able to be hidden.

Response: Will be done. Change coming in November.

---

Complaint: Unregistered friends should not be able to call your Friend Partner.

Response: If you remove a friend from your friend list, the Friend Partner will no longer show up for the removed friend. This change will be coming in December.

---

Complaint: One should be able to stop people auto-following you.

Response: You will be able to disable people following you in parties. This change will be coming in December.

---

Complaint: The Time Attack Quests should be solo'able.

Response: The quests will be changed to be able to be completed by one person only. The client orders will also be adjusted for this. Changes coming in December.

[zzz, friendless losers.]

---

Complaint: I want to be able to download patches in advance to be able to play.

Response: Patches will be made available before large patches, so they can be downloaded before the day, making the game playable immediately.

---

Complaint: Partial Searches in My Shop should work.

Response: Unfortunately, allowing partial searches in the My Shop would significantly increase the load time on My Shop loading (even worse than before). Thus, unfortunately, there is no way to implement partial matches at this time.

Instead, to reduce load time on My Shop, they're going to add an option to items to allow players to check the market price of an item, thus reducing the amount of searches.

---

Discuss!
    Last edited by Z-0; Oct 31, 2012 at 01:50 PM.

All those changes, wow, not a single awful decision. I'm amazed.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Complaint: Some Matter Board items are too rare.

Response: After defeating a certain amount of an enemy, the item will drop regardless. This change will be coming in December.

(I might be reading this incorrectly, will need someone to check)
    Jesus christ finally, now do this for untradeable rares (and hopefully grinding) and we're good to go.

Wait, so no complaints/feedback about the lack(or close to no) of differences between difficulties? No complaints about the challenge in general?

Please tell me I missed something

TAs being modified so they can be soloed? Come on now, those are the last challenging things left in this game....and actually gives a purpose to teamwork. Really don't want to see that die.

These changes seem kinda contradictory because they say they're concerned about the game being too easy, but...they're buffing weapons and Techers? Making rare bosses and overpowered rare weapons easier to find? Sounds backwards to me. Wish they were looking into aggression and flinching-resistance buffs for enemies instead.

The MPA and UI fixes are nice though. It's a shame my biggest gripes aren't being addressed in the least here, but I should concede that they never will.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Jesus christ finally, now do this for untradeable rares (and hopefully grinding) and we're good to go.
    This too, fuck. I'm tired of hunting shit and not having anything to show for it, there's really no point to hunting anything specific with this stupid 100%-RNG system.
    Last edited by CelestialBlade; Oct 31, 2012 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    These changes seem kinda contradictory because they say they're concerned about the game being too easy, but...they're buffing weapons and Techers? Making rare bosses and overpowered rare weapons easier to find? Sounds backwards to me. Wish they were looking into aggression and flinching-resistance buffs for enemies instead.
    Fukcing this!^ O my god

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

They need to put meseta caps on items. They thought lowering prices would help but it made it worse in some cases.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Wow, all of this sounds amazing... O_O
    Rare enemies seriously are far too rare and if they change the exp again, maybe I will actually be able to level my sub class again, lol

Now, if only they'd make the higher difficulties actually higher difficulties with... I dunno... enemies that at least seriously try to kill you instead of backing-off most of the time? >_>"

thats pretty cool they are actually doing things, having never played the game yet i do thing the RNG system needs changed to a percentage system, based on current grind lvl...

and make the game harder.... i hear allot about people spamming PA's should this be adjusted to make it harder?
    MY Rig: 2600K Sandy Brige, Gigabyte Ud7 Motherboard, 2 Geforce GTX580 in SLI Mode, 8 gigs Ramm

oh wow a majority of these changes are pure shit

people think this game is starved on content now? implementing some of these changes will make powering through content even faster and then sega will try to put in more roadblocks months later to lessen that.

this game is in trouble