Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

I guess as long as TACOs can't actually be completed solo then I have no problem with it, otherwise I foresee them lowering TACO reward. You know the RMTers will be right on track to abuse the **** out of it.

I'm actually pleased with all these changes, though the one 10* I want, and can't find drops from Galfs, so no relief in sight for me -_-

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Galax View Post
    It's been going on for a while...It's not that rare if you think about it. Just SEGA made the official TA runs on this game REQUIRE two people or more, whereas before TA was done by getting a timing program/stopwatch, letting it run, and killing everything as fast as you could - I get that TAs being soloable doesn't sound fun to some of you.

The solution is you don't have to solo them if you don't want to...Whoever said they were making TA runs "Party: 1-1"? Nothing. I see them saying it's an option to solo it, but you can still do Two/Three/Four player TAs if you want to.

Just because it's soloable does NOT mean you're going to lose all the fun of doing it with others. It looks like there's enough of you that like it better with two or more that you'll have no trouble finding groups for it.

EDIT: And as to why, that's even simpler. They received feedback from players saying they don't like that it's 2p+ only.
    I think the fear that most of the ones complaining about this change have is that they completely butcher the current layout of the maps in order to make it possible for people to solo it.

I think that's a valid concern, myself. Now, given that we're supposedly getting hard missions after the holiday (we'll see about that.)it may remedy this. Or it may not. The people who enjoy time attack now are the people who enjoy the teamwork, the challenge, the necessity of having to rely on your teammates to get through obstacles, or at least that's how it seems to me. If Sega changes too much of TA, all that necessity could be lost. That's what they're afraid of losing, and, as I said before, I do believe that's a valid concern.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

How much competition is there in this game?
    Some people like the fact that they have a one of a kind weapon in their inventory and if they find that others have it too, then it feels like it isn't even rare.... is stupid to me lol.

The only competitive part of this game imo is TA and if they don't want others beating their record.. well suck it up cause someone's going to beat them eventually.

TA doesn't have challenge. If you and three friends can read directions, stand on certain colored buttons, and use single-target attacks to avoid killing dragonkin you can clear all the CO's every day.

Yesterday I cleared nab and lillipa VH with people I'd never TA'd with before, two of which hadn't done those TA's before themselves. We got both CO's cleared on our first tries. Sure, our gear wasn't bad, but surely there should be more to this than merely high numbers on your stat sheet.

TA requiring skill is a myth. A bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    I think the fear that most of the ones complaining about this change have is that they completely butcher the current layout of the maps in order to make it possible for people to solo it.

I think that's a valid concern, myself. Now, given that we're supposedly getting hard missions after the holiday (we'll see about that.)it may remedy this. Or it may not. The people who enjoy time attack now are the people who enjoy the teamwork, the challenge, the necessity of having to rely on your teammates to get through obstacles, or at least that's how it seems to me. If Sega changes too much of TA, all that necessity could be lost. That's what they're afraid of losing, and, as I said before, I do believe that's a valid concern.
    Pretty much this, En. I would have been completely fine with like, an entirely separate version of the TA missions that were able to be soloed, or at least leaving the layout as is and simply denying solo players access to many of the shortcuts. If that is to be the case and TACOs can only be completed with a party, then have at. Great idea, in that case. But please, do not butcher the one thing I truly find fun anymore. Still feels weird saying that about TAs considering I've never enjoyed that concept, but I love those missions.

Not even gonna get into the "skill" argument. It's just fun to use teamwork and to try and beat your own records. I don't TA for leaderboards, it's just fun.
    Last edited by CelestialBlade; Oct 31, 2012 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    TA doesn't have challenge. If you and three friends can read directions, stand on certain colored buttons, and use single-target attacks to avoid killing dragonkin you can clear all the CO's every day.

Yesterday I cleared nab and lillipa VH with people I'd never TA'd with before, two of which hadn't done those TA's before themselves. We got both CO's cleared on our first tries. Sure, our gear wasn't bad, but surely there should be more to this than merely high numbers on your stat sheet.

TA requiring skill is a myth. A bad one.
    er....by 'challenge' I meant having to do something other than just mindlessly slaughter enemies at your own leisurely pace. A poor word to use in this case. Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    er....by 'challenge' I meant having to do something other than just mindlessly slaughter enemies at your own leisurely pace. A poor word to use in this case. Apologies.
    Well saying it is "more" challenge is still not inaccurate though

If that's what you meant, then it's partially true, but some people walk around trying to make TA out to be some fiendishly difficult game mode. It's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Agitated_AT View Post
    Well saying it is "more" challenge is still not inaccurate though
    Well, it's a good thing I never said that, isn't it?

I said "something other than" not something 'more challenging'

I just meant it's something different.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    If that's what you meant, then it's partially true, but some people walk around trying to make TA out to be some fiendishly difficult game mode. It's not.
    Trust me, IIIIIIIIIIIII'm aware of this.