Default Onimaru - GM of Aphelion

Yo. I'm Onimaru, but everyone just calls me Oni.
    I'm 25, male, and live in North GA, USA. I work as a prep cook at a seafood bar & grill.

I've been skulking around on PSO-World for info since I my PSO days on the Xbox, but never made use of the forums until now. After I started my guild i've tried to be more active in the gaming community.

Where to start? I've been playing online since roughly 2000. I met the core members of my guild on the Xbox around 2002 on games like Midtown Madness 3, Wolfenstein, and PSO. Since then we've played pretty much everything together. I've been top ranked in a few games, though most of them are somewhat obscure; ex. Phantom Dust, Chrome Hounds, Tenchu, Armored Core 5(top ranked mercenary).
    I also played PSU for a really long time and was somewhat well known, but once my guild and I finally decided to move on we gave everything away to random players and canceled our subs. Even now I think about going back to play it sometimes. lol

Recently i've spent a great amount of time and effort making my guild successful on TERA, where we killed many PKs and PK guilds. But as many of you probably know the game fell apart once people found out how little there actually is to do at the top LVLs. I'm hoping more of them will come over to PSO2.
    Before that I did the same on SWTOR, though it had more content to offer it still came up short for most people. On there we were part of a multi-guild, 500+ player alliance known as the Forces of the Darkside, where I acted as graphic designer and moderator.

These days I just kill time on Dark Souls(PC), Skyrim(PC), DayZ(PC), Way of the Samurai 4(PS3), and various 360 titles until PSO2. I'm tempted to play the JP version, but i'd rather save my enthusiasm and time for the ENG one. So feel free to chat me up, friend me on xbox live, or check out my guild site for PSO2. PRAISE THE SUN!

www.aphelion.webstarts.com
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Onimaru; Nov 4, 2012 at 04:00 PM.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

Howdy
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic19630_14.gif

"Today, conquer the you of yesterday. Tomorrow, obtain victory over lesser men." ~Miyamoto Musashi

(I can't take this...)

Have you picked up the DLC for Dark Souls? I picked it up about a couple of days ago and am stuck at Black Dragon Tiameet. I've been trying so hard to cut his tail and and kill him. There also rarely ever seems to be anybody dropping summon signs. I've had this game since it released last Octoberish I think and have still yet to beat it. Mostly because of my career and my save getting deleted from outrageous unfortunate events.

Anyway, nice to see another new face.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Do you mean the DLC for the 360 one? I went out and re-bought it for the PC instead.

If you're on the PC version I could help you out, or I can just break down my easy method to cutting off his tail for you. Assuming you had Gough put him on the ground, you just need
    a strong weapon with an 2H overhead slash attack. I did it with my lvl 40 and 60 without much trouble.
    Killing Gough and Manus were where I had some trouble due to my lvl 60's lack of stamina.

Killing him isn't too bad once you have his tail off since you don't have to focus on one part of his body.

"Today, conquer the you of yesterday. Tomorrow, obtain victory over lesser men." ~Miyamoto Musashi

I'm on PS3 version and yeah thats the thing. I don't really have any two handed heavy weapon since I was trying to make my character a nimble type of character. I have a Lifehunt Scythe but it's only +1. I've seen this video where this guy get the dragon to the the flying charge attack followed by the tail stomp but I can never seem to replicate it. He seems instead to just want to do the lunging bite at me and usually gets me. =/

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Bummer, if you were on the PC I could do it for you.
    I tried the same method where you let him charge at you, but it's too unreliable since he charges randomly.

My method is where you stay under his chest/head until he gets on his hind legs to do the glowing red anti-gravity move, then as quickly as possible you run past him to the tip of the tail and get a few swings in. He'll always do the glowing red chest move if you stay under his chest/head and most of his moves are easy to dodge from there. Other than that move he'll either fly up and breathe down fire or swing his head at you.

An upgraded Lifehunt Scythe is awesome if you have the bleed resistance to use it. If you're a DEX type then an upgraded katana would work. You might be able to pull it off with the silver/gold tracers if you got them.
    Last edited by Onimaru; Nov 9, 2012 at 09:40 PM.

Yes! Finally got it.

I decided to stick with the Lifehunt Scythe and actually managed to enlist two random doods to give me a hand. Was way more easier focusing on the tail with other people there to distract him. Then as you said, once you get in close on him he's cake.

I still haven't cut off the Sanctuary Guardian tail yet since that first one was just way too much for me and I just wanted to kill him so I can get through and dive into the content. Seems like I'll get two more chances though once I take care of Manus.

I almost had him on first last attempt but I got sloppy and got caught by his rampaging thrashing combo attack. I was literally two hits away from beating him.

Congrats, the Obsidian Sword is pretty awesome.

I wouldn't worry about the Guardian Tail though, it looks pretty dumb and like the other whips is a waste of time.

As for Manus, he's alot easier when you have good stamina and a shield with high stability. Summoning Sif helps alot too, he's a pretty worthless combatant but he makes a good distraction. I probably don't need to mention it but you definitely need the silver pendant too.

My method with him is usually to stay on the defensive until he leaves himself open at the end of a big attack, then hit him in the hand with a strong attack and go back on the defensive.

Correction, my lvl 40 and 60 were on the 360. My PC characters are lvl 30 and 45.

Shows you how long sinced i've been on there. lol