Default Fighter/Gunner build help please

Hi guys im currently a lvl 21 hunter and i just picked ranger as my sub class (i assume to make it a gunner subclass i have to level it to 30) i heard that fighgunners can be REALLY good if you have the right build for them so i was wondering what the best build would be in terms of dps along with any other things that would help me deal alot of damage and still have nice pp regen.

Also if you think you have a better combo other than fighter/gunner please feel free to share.

Last edited by ashley50; Nov 6, 2012 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by o S E N S E I o View Post
    Hi guys im currently a lvl 21 hunter and i just picked ranger as my sub class (i assume to make it a gunner subclass i have to level it to 30) i heard that fighgunners can be REALLY good if you have the right build for them so i was wondering what the best build would be in terms of dps along with any other things that would help me deal alot of damage and still have nice pp regen.

Also if you think you have a better combo other than fighter/gunner please feel free to share.
    Hmm, fighter sub gunner eh? The problem I had was dealing with the gunner skill tree... the skill tree is so bad... Pp restorate is a must, but everything else is meh. I chose to just max pp restorate and keep skill points for the future.

As for fighter skills, I stuck with one stance and chase skills. Status ailments come quick with a machinegun, and burn/poison damage is always a plus.

Going only on DPS, Fighter/Hunter with Deadly Archer (Double Sabers). Brave and Fury stance can be used at the same time. Easy-to-use PA that's good in almost every situation.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...4Odsl2I2eF0000

Others may disagree but this is what I'd go for. Activate Fury Stance, switch between Brave (most of the time) and Wise (if the boss you're fighting has an interest in someone else and is too mobile to hit in the face), and generally go to town.

I've also seen some nice numbers from Fighter/Gunner using twin daggers and the aerial boost from Gunner, but that works against the Gunner's chain ability more often than not. Twinguns are a nice addition.

Personal favourite is Techer/Fighter or Fighter/Techer, but I'm not awesome enough to have that levelled up highly. Main/sub choice for these relies entirely on what rare weapons I find.

Quote Originally Posted by holmwood View Post
    Hmm, fighter sub gunner eh? The problem I had was dealing with the gunner skill tree... the skill tree is so bad... Pp restorate is a must, but everything else is meh. I chose to just max pp restorate and keep skill points for the future.

As for fighter skills, I stuck with one stance and chase skills. Status ailments come quick with a machinegun, and burn/poison damage is always a plus.
    Aerial advance and chain trigger are meh?
    Considering you are using daggers, you'll be getting a boost in damage from Aerial advance almost all the time. Don't underestimate the power of chain trigger either. Fighter being a close-oriented fighter allows them to finish the combo rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Aerial advance and chain trigger are meh?
    Considering you are using daggers, you'll be getting a boost in damage from Aerial advance almost all the time. Don't underestimate the power of chain trigger either. Fighter being a close-oriented fighter allows them to finish the combo rather quickly.
    I thought aerial advance only applies to enemies in the air or are lifted in to the air.

Well, using daggers, enemies are in the air almost all the time..

thanks for the advice guys ill take it to heart! if anyone wants to post any good combos or trees just for the heck of it feel free to