Smile Some quick gameplay questions/Future Guide topics?

Hey all, I've just recently came back to read up a bit on PSO2 and get myself pumped for it, but there are a few things I don't quite understand that hopefully some of you can clear up for me.

Skill trees. Can you reset them? I know you can buy more...do purchased ones last forever? is there a way to undo a mistake to them? Is there a limit to how many I can buy?

What sort of things are "worth" purchasing? I gather some trees and inventory expansion slots are...but what else is? Are there any other "pay once have it forever" things I should consider? is there anything that's truly worth buying regularly that expires?

I understand you can buy new character slots, but is there any benefit to this except to have a different "look" or "name" to your character since you can just swap skill trees and classes?

Does anyone know if the Vita game will connect to the PC version? Will I be able to use my one account between the two?

What are some other "things you should research/know" before jumping in to PSO2 and doing things like spending skill tree points without thinking so now you have to spend money to fix and do it properly.

Thanks in advance for all your responses. I'm just trying to get ready to plan things out for when I really do get to play the English version!

Quote Originally Posted by gamfreak1218 View Post
    Skill trees. Can you reset them? I know you can buy more...do purchased ones last forever? is there a way to undo a mistake to them? Is there a limit to how many I can buy?
    You have to pay to reset them I believe and iirc they cost more to reset than to just buy more. I forget how many you can buy but it's limited by class not total
    What sort of things are "worth" purchasing? I gather some trees and inventory expansion slots are...but what else is? Are there any other "pay once have it forever" things I should consider? is there anything that's truly worth buying regularly that expires?
    Possibly getting premium service or whatever if only to sell items and trade. I can't think of anything else that I my self would buy if even that.

I understand you can buy new character slots, but is there any benefit to this except to have a different "look" or "name" to your character since you can just swap skill trees and classes?
    Well there's always playing a different race but the statistical bonuses aren't too big so unless you're crazy min-maxing something I'd say it's mostly just aesthetic. The benifit to make a new character on the same account instead of making a new account though is that you can share all your stuff through storage.

Does anyone know if the Vita game will connect to the PC version? Will I be able to use my one account between the two?
    Yes they are, and I believe you can, but no word on when the vita version is coming to English speaking areas and I doubt you'd be able to connect to the Japanese servers through the English version.

What are some other "things you should research/know" before jumping in to PSO2 and doing things like spending skill tree points without thinking so now you have to spend money to fix and do it properly.
    These are some helpful places for information you may have missed.

http://p2o.wikkii.net/wiki/Main_Page
    http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...M1UtbUE&gid=11
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html

Additional 50 backpack slots (1600 AC) are a must have imo. It's a one time purchase per character, so you won't lose it.
    Other than premium (my shop, trading, more FUN, additional storage, my room) I'd recommend buying more than one mag if you want each class "type" (melee, range, tech user) to have its own one, since you only get 1 for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Keii View Post
    Additional 50 backpack slots (1600 AC) are a must have imo. It's a one time purchase per character, so you won't lose it.
    Other than premium (my shop, trading, more FUN, additional storage, my room) I'd recommend buying more than one mag if you want each class "type" (melee, range, tech user) to have its own one, since you only get 1 for free.
    Oh derp, I forgot about mags. Yeah, those are good too. I need another one in fact. :I

I assume mags are also a one time purchase?

I assume mags are also a one time purchase?
    Yeah, they are.

Awesome... Thanks for the responses everyone!

Well there's always playing a different race but the statistical bonuses aren't too big so unless you're crazy min-maxing something I'd say it's mostly just aesthetic. The benifit to make a new character on the same account instead of making a new account though is that you can share all your stuff through storage.
    What about Cast characters vs Human vs Newman characters? Are there character type playstyle bonuses like traps and techs I should consider? Oh and when you buy a character slot, is that permanent? or a rental slot?

I'm net getting overly specific but Cast are generally best ranger with worst tech-Human are the most balanced and newman are best tech. The girl char generally excel in specific stat while lacking HP... Like newman female is the best tech char you can have statistically, but depending on your mag you can manipulate a lot of your stats. OHHHHHH also, if you don't wanna spend likerally 3 million mst on outfits...get create a male.

FoMar - FO/TE - Ship #6 - DyNe
    Sig by Valmont

What about Cast characters vs Human vs Newman characters? Are there character type playstyle bonuses like traps and techs I should consider? Oh and when you buy a character slot, is that permanent? or a rental slot?
    Sorry for the late response.

The only statistical differences are their base stats which you can make up for with a well built mag. The skill trees fill the niche that the old unique racial bonuses and abilities used to in PSO1, while allowing for a bit more customization.

Technically you're paying for a new character not a slot so if you delete the character you'd have to pay again to make another one unless you have no characters left at all. However everything in your storage stays there, even if you delete all your characters so you can, at the very least, keep your stuff.