Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed community DLC poll

Not sure if this is the place to post this as I usually don't venture outside the PSO2 board, but basically...

S0L/Steve Lycett of Sumo Digital put a challenge on the SEGA forum community to try to make an organized effort to show what characters fan want as DLC. This being his more exact words.

Quote Originally Posted by S0L
    I'll set you a challange. Without any policing from the SUMO or SEGA crew, if you can all agree on three characters by the 1st of December and prove there is sufficient interest of at least 1000 unique people *per* character, I will present the result to SEGA. I can't promise anything will happen as a result, but since you're starting it...

Let's see if you can organise yourselves in the next few weeks to pull that off!

My sole hints, first you probably need to define some rules, then agree on who will police them, and then run it fairly (no cheating) and deliver something professional and credible I'd be able to use. You are on your own for the rest

---
    S0L
    ---
    Since the end part of the poll requires more than a thousand voters (which seems well beyond the scope of Sega's ASR board) I figured I'd try to spread the word here. Particularly as it seems in the preliminary voting going on right now, Alis Landale from the original Phantasy Star is in third, with the full top ten being:

1st - Vectorman 15 Votes
    2nd - Sakura Shinguji 12 Votes
    3rd - Alis Landale 9 Votes
    4th - Ristar, Jacky (& Akira), Arle Nadja 6 Votes
    5th - Ryo 5 Votes
    6th - Axel Stone, Blaze Fielding, Alex Kidd 4 Votes

So if anyone's interested in PS (or any other sega franchise) getting in as DLC for this already chock-full of SEGA fanservice title, check out the thread on Sega's forum here: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...tage-1-Attempt

Alis Landale? Oh heck yeah. Though I can also see why Sakura is up in the list.

I still think Alis Landale has a more significant role in the PS universe than Sakura did in the Sakura Taisen universe. SEGA, in that older property did what they never did in other one of their properties. Create entire civilizations throughout the generations, for which the primary main hero of legend was female and that influenced the expectations (good or bad) for who people try to look up to as a hero, during times of strife. And in those times, only in the Phantasy Star universe does the pressure often-likely fall upon the most battle-ready female of a group because they look for another Alis.

Ryo was already in the previous game, so I'm looking for new blood, more or less. I'm all for using this as an opportunity to eventually bring in all the major SEGA characters back into the limelight.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Nov 15, 2012 at 03:56 PM.

Well, don't just say it here! Go to the Sega forums linked and post! Looks like Shenmue Dojo is already getting in on the action and pumping in the Ryo votes.

Supposively the PC version is gonna have Team Fortress 2 characters in it.

This confuses me oh so much. In a good way, but still confuses me.

I'd personally rather see someone from Phantasy Star Online, like Rico, Flowen or Ash. Assuming a Phantasy Star character, that is.

But what that really means, is we need ToeJam & Earl as racers.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Well, you can vote for three characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    I'd personally rather see someone from Phantasy Star Online, like Rico, Flowen or Ash. Assuming a Phantasy Star character, that is.

But what that really means, is we need ToeJam & Earl as racers.
    Rico would certainly be awesome, she needs more exposure. And Elenor (or just RAcaseal) is also fairly popular.

Failing that, we could simply throw in a Rag Rappy. I believe PSO is something that sells still. Point in case, the idea of this thread here is to help push a PS representative.

True. A PS representative is a nice idea. I thought about the PSO characters, but Rico's story was heavily influenced by the legend of Alis. That is. It couldn't happen without Alis. While not explicitly mentioned, Rico's notes talk about the pressure she dealt with to be this hero, who was going to save the day. She also talks about how she understood that people felt they needed a symbol of heroics at this time. All in all, they were looking for their version of Alis.

Why I think it is so significant to use the original hero of legend is that it promotes *all* of Phantasy Star and not just the online ones. Something to remind people that not only is Phantasy Star alive and well, but that there are significant turn-based PS games as well. Maybe a nudge to have SEGA also revisit the idea of a traditional Phantasy Star RPG.

Bleh. Looks like crazed Miku fans are flooding the votes now. Since this preliminary voting ends on Monday and it doesn't seem this has caught much attention in the PS community I guess it won't work out. Oh well.

Still odd Ryo Hazuki is so high in the list when he was already in the first one. I guess people aren't voting for new blood, either. Some just want to see him return, or they never played the first game. To a degree, it kind of makes me wish he simply came back without him having to be a DLC, then he wouldn't be taking top spot.