Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best offline solo class? (can include ID's as well)

In my opinion, the best offline solo class is actually RAmarl.

To me, a cast is out of the question for single player, since they cannot use resta. In my experience, the most difficult parts of the game are fighting those hard boss battles, and often times the problem was that I would run out of mono/di/tri-mates during a boss. The ability to cast resta is vital to your long-term survival. In multi-player mode, sure, HUcast it up and let your FOrce heal you, but to me, I prefer being able to heal over ten times as many times before running out of difluids compared to healing with mates.

Also, FOrce, HUnter, or RAnger? I would say FOrce is the hardest for single-player, because on the same vein, you run out of magic too quickly. Since you're the only one doing all the damage, and it basically costs MP to do any damage, you're going to run out. Don't want to run out during a boss fight. To their credit, they pack a lot of power with their spells, but still. They also tend to take a lot of damage, so it's harder to survive those mega-hits bosses smack you with. I do play a FOrce as an alt though, and it is fun.

So HUnter or RAnger? It's kind of preference, but I'd say you need to take 3 things into consideration. 1) Pure DPS on a single enemy, 2) Hitting multiple enemies, 3) Avoiding damage. HUnters are better on the damage front, although my Red Mechgun works great for that. Hitting multiple enemies, you can use a slicer or broadsword, but I think a spread/shot works better. And to me, RAngers have HUnters beat on avoiding damage because they attack from a range, not in the enemies face while they are constantly attacking you.

So, a RAnger that can cast resta. That leaves RAmar and RAmarl. And basically the female option is better because she gets a good shifta and deband. This is great and it makes her stronger in single-player than RAmar.

Even if she is not naturally as strong as RAmar and RAcast, that is what a POW-178 mag is for although now I only use POW-146 so I can have 49 DEX, helps with chaining 3 strong attacks.

So that is my reasoning. I would be open to hearing dissenting opinions.

PS. I guess HUnewearl would be a runner-up since she has resta and a great shifta/deband as Adam's friend pointed out, but I really don't like playing a HUnter single-player; you get hit too often.
    1 Corinthians 13 "Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
    ...and Philippians 2:3-8...

I would say that you'll want one of the hybrid classes, namely HUnewearl or RAmarl. They have high level techs, both shifta & deband and jellen & zalure, and great MST to boost them in addition to still good pow and dex.

edit: avoiding hits as hunter is as easy as not finishing combos. Each enemy has different attack intervals. I can and do do solo runs as a HUcast without once being hit by a single thing. It's not overly challenging or tedious, just need to know which weapons have the right timings to stumble which enemy.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Nov 19, 2012 at 01:20 PM.

Hunewearl is probably the best offline character to use, since, as already stated, she has high level Shifta and Deband, Jellan and Zalure. If she's got a perfect mag on (I don't believe you can legitimately max out all of a Hunewearl's stats, though), and you're top level with a high power, high hit weapon, you will MARCH ALL OVER EVERYTHING OFFLINE!!

Besides that, she's got automatic magic regeneration, which speeds up the higher the level she is. It helps, really.

In terns of Section IDs, Redria is a good one. Purplenum is good, if you've got a ranger somewhere. Whittill is good. Yellowboze might be interesting in episode 2 for a miniscule higher chance of finding weapons with hit. They also are the only class to find all the enemy parts, if y ou really like dismembering animals.

I'd avoid Bluefull, Pinkal, and uh...

Veridia has a good drop here and there, I think. I think they find a Yasha, anyway, which would go good with a Sange.

But yes, as Gigawuts wrote, if you want to evade an attack yourself, just don't finish a full combination attack. That will give you time to back up when whatever swings.

I do agree that the Ramarl has a lot going for it, but don't count the Racast and Racasel out just quite yet.

Yes the cats can't use techs, however their traps are quite good; especially as you get into higher difficulties. With the right mag, casts can also get a S/D boost every so often (Rati & Diwari comes to mind).

With my Racasel toting a Bullet Crush, I can use its special attack to heal me whenever I need to. My main tactic is to charge in or wait til the enemies start to surround. At that point I use either a light or freeze trap, then afterwards unleash photon hell.

For those boss fights, a shot type does wonders as well since it hits multiple parts of the boss. (Not all bosses have this though...DF is an example)

I never have any problems with my Racasel surviving in VH.

melee FOmarl.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Default conclusion

After such a lively discussion from all these members, with many good and valid points being raised, I have now been convinced that the best offline solo class is a !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!melee FOmarl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    Last edited by whiteunibrow; Nov 20, 2012 at 01:29 PM.
    1 Corinthians 13 "Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

Sucka don't even play around, melee fomarl is horrible. What you want is a tech-casting HUcast. Get that twin blaze and dragon's claw and GO NUTS.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Sucka don't even play around, melee fomarl is horrible. What you want is a tech-casting HUcast. Get that twin blaze and dragon's claw and GO NUTS.
    oh yeah, i forgot how HUcast gets a 100% accurate Megid that targets multiple enemies and has 0 TP cost, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about
    Wow! Tell me, how did you find a tech that costs 0 tp and is usable by a cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lamplight View Post
    Wow! Tell me, how did you find a tech that costs 0 tp and is usable by a cast?
    Have you ever heard of the phrase: Pulling one's leg?

The people are being sarcastic.