Unhappy A Skyly RAmar's hunt for...

... a SUPPRESSED GUN (drop rate: 1/4180). Nothing unusual, right? That's a nice toy for an under-LVL-100 RAmar. (I think?)

I wouldn't know! I'm spazzing out a little since I've been getting more hyped AND scared of being disappointed about PSO2. I got mixed emotions about PSO2, ya see. It's kind of a love-hate thing going on... ANYWAY, so I ''panicked/got hit with nostalgia'' and dusted out my old PSO Ver. 2 for Dreamcast.

And made a RAmar (which seems crazy since I only played HUcast*, so using TECHs in PSO? DAAMN, seems like a million layers of gameplay added to meee all the sudden. OK, I exaggerate a bit but you get the idea?).

So I'm 86 hours in and level 62 and, ever since I reached HARD Mines (which is around level 34?), I have found the following:

- 1x PHOTON CLAW (drop rate: 1/64)
    - 1x S-Beat's Arms (drop rate: 1/187)
    - 3x PROTO REGENE GEAR (drop rate: 1/1469)

and last but not the ''most-utterly-useless-least'':

- 1x LAST SURVIVOR (drop rate: 1/9003... and I don't even always kill the dubchics in ways that would get me loot 'cause I don't care about them!!1)

Should I give up the search? Am I just cursed with the ''bad'' luck of the draw? Can SKYLY even find a SUPPRESSED GUN???

I don't expect any of those questions answered, but hey, It's worth a shot!

*I did have a try at a RAcaseal once but... I try to forget that time.

Nah you ain't cursed, its just the lovely RNG aspect of PSO. Hunting for specific items is always a chore and as youd ID can only find the item you want from one specific enemy then it gets even worse. The only way to improve your chances are killing as many enemies of the type you need as possible or finding a drop that drops from multiple enemies in the same area.

I hate to say it but theres no quick fix, you just gotta keep hunting. My advice is to go and do something different for a while. Whenever I'm hunting for something I normally do a couple of run of the area (or quest) I need to find it and then go off and do something different, either in game or by making a cup of tea, etc. Sometimes really simple or high chance drop rates can be the worst of all others they can be your friend.

For example, I play BB and having searched for a V101 for weeks I took a break, went and did something different, came bacn and found 3 in a single run. Extreme example but it just goes to show you never know what will happen. Stick to it, you'll get it eventually! Good hunting!

<Second signiture image was too large, in file size and combined pixel width with the first image>

I found it once in my gameplay, sold it afterwards (i'm a hunter).
    It's not all that rare considering the amount of enemies in the mines, however since pretty much any weapon in ultimate can be used by rangers (due to high ata) then all you need is high % weapons, this is a problem, as you see you won't be finding many supressed guns so i doubt on the 1st drop you get like 50% native on one of them, it's possible but you can't rely on the weapon to clear harder areas and harder difficulties.

Still it's a nice weapon for where you are now, do the mines more often.

If everything fails, go to ultimate caves, if you reach that area then i'm guessing you will have more powerfull weapons like the red handgun, still being a ultimate drop in caves 2 boxes it usually means the drop rate is easier.
    I can't say for sure but in many cases this easy way to find some weapons may become anoying to the point where you simply ignore the caves 2 boxes, it's fun finding the 1st supressed gun, not so funny after the 50th one.

Keep trying or move on and try and reach ultimate caves 2, but be sure, hell awaits you in ultimate.

Thanks for the tips and fast reply guys! I'll keep it up in HARD Mines, just so I can see how many levels I'll end up spending there before getting one (out of sheer curiosity/boredom)! Level progression drastically slowed down now that I passed the mid-50s, but it's alright, it's not like I'm having trouble handling myself at that point at level 60+.

And yeah, I can't even imagine how it will be in ULTIMATE. I used to go at it in melee for most of it as a HUcast, but I had God/Battle, traps and was pretty thankful to have a full team with me at the time (and was over level 100) when I first started fighting there.

Alone will be one hell of a clusterfuck!

Yes, it's not easy, the game keeps a steady leveling if you progress to harder areas, but after lvl 100 you are either forced to low leveling speed in vhard or low leveling speed in ultimate due to enemy resistances, you need a very good gear and strategies to make the areas viable.

But if you like supressed gun, then hunt for one, i'm sure one will pop out, if not there then in caves 2 will appear.

And as if it was enough to have stumbled on a LAST SURVIVOR once in Mines... I came across TWO by the Weapon Shop! "Oh hey, a Ranger coming to browse... BETTER GET MY GOOD SHIT ON DISPLAY *trollface*"

Speaking of weapon hunts, which twin sabers can a skyly hunawearl find offline?? GC version?? I already have the basic that I found when I still had an Oran, but I really like dual weapons.

IT FINALLY DROPPED! Took me until half way to 70, but I got one!!!

It lasted me all the way through VERY HARD too and got me in ULTIMATE at level 75. Needless to say, I gotta grind in VERY HARD, but hey, I was surprised to see the thing hit and crit as often as it did in ULTIMATE (sure, it was just for 20 damage, but still! I remember how I kept missing all the time with my level 101 HUcast...)

Sorry Starre, but I don't think I can help ya on that one, all I got is DC PSO!
    Last edited by BWS-1; Dec 5, 2012 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starre View Post
    Speaking of weapon hunts, which twin sabers can a skyly hunawearl find offline?? GC version?? I already have the basic that I found when I still had an Oran, but I really like dual weapons.
    You mean a pair rather than the Darth Maul style one yes? If so you can find all of them with a Skyly ID (apart from Jizai but thats not in the GC version). Heres a link to the Skyly drop table, easiest one is Yamato from the VHard Dragon.

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findin...d=3&version=v3

<Second signiture image was too large, in file size and combined pixel width with the first image>

Actually I already have the yamato's. But yes, Darth maul style is what I meant.