Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Shouldn't you use identical weapons in order to make your demonstration more accurate?
    Like use two Vita Lasers at +10 each, one with 50% element, and one with none.

Point is, the weapon with less R-ATK but more attribute outdamages the weapon with more R-ATK but less attribute and that by a decent chunk. That should be good enough.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Hc4 View Post
    Is there a precise ratio of comparison, for example let's say a 5% element is equal/similar to x/attack? This is very interesting.
    Considering it's a multiplier, the only way to compare this is to figure out what exactly it multiplies. This could be base ATK, weapon ATK, base+weapon ATK, base+affix, etc.

I'm not sure how this works in calculation, because it could be done in many ways. But when you consider some passive skills like JA bonus that give a 110% at level 10, it makes sense why a high element (or even any) is desirable.
    Last edited by Soultrigger; Dec 3, 2012 at 07:43 AM.

Excellent data here, thanks for sharing. Makes me glad the tradeable 10*s coming out this update all have 30 Light on them, offsetting their lower attack power.

Yes, I showed 521 the elemental equation quite a bit back, and ever since then we've never really bothered with the 10* weaponry (except FO stuff, of course, since element doesn't matter). Since hunting for a high element 10* is worse than hunting for the 10* itself, it's far, far easier to just play and make meseta to be able to elemental grind a weapon higher, than force yourself to hunt for a weapon that's easily outclassed.

Here's the damage formula:

Total Damage: (Damage + Elemental Bonus) * PA Modifier (the power is a percentage)

Damage: (Total Attack / 5 - Enemy's Total Defense / 5) * Location Modifier (eg: rockbear face has a multiplier of something compared to its body)
    Elemental Bonus: (Weapon's TOTAL attack power excluding affixes / 5 * Elemental Bonus) * Elemental Modifier (this varies from enemy to enemy, but it's a good rule of thumb that a weak enemy increases this value by 20~30% which is quite a lot)

When it comes to the modifiers (Location and Elemental), some examples of this reducing damage is:

Kartargot Body (think about it, you do extremely little damage)
    Vol Dragon Elemental Resistance (think about the huge decrease if you use fire on him versus ice; it's far different to other enemies)

But a good rule of thumb is that elements will increase your damage on all enemies; it's just there are rare occasions when it will actually decrease the damage you do (mainly Vol Dragon, MAYBE Quartz as well).

Ding dong, link to statistics.

I may also add that Malmoths may be weaker to Light than they are to Lightning; each enemy has their elemental resistances for every element; you just don't know them except for the weak ones.
    Last edited by Z-0; Dec 3, 2012 at 08:45 AM.

Interesting, so the double saber I'm hunting (316 base S-ATK) would have to have at least 27 element bonus to equal the 10* double saber available in the pyroxene shop (283 base S-ATK and 30 Light according to screenshots). That really puts a lot more value on the pyroxenes as long as the Iristisia stones aren't impossible to acquire. Would rather hunt something with a guaranteed modifier than a chance of it being lower or higher.

So lets say someone has a 32 element demo comet or meren nenka. Would I still do more with a 50 element noise blower assuming they had like 50 more satk?

You would do more damage, yes. Right now, I would say Lambda Fairnote (buyable) and Noise Blower (most common 10*) are the best Double Sabers to hunt for, assuming you're looking for maximum efficiency.

Luckily for me, my Blower dropped with 34 fire, so only need to find 3 more to make it 50%. Debating whether I should go for fire or lightning, though. (Not going for Light, it's not very useful where elements really matter, as you can just have a fire and lightning set)

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    You would do more damage, yes. Right now, I would say Lambda Fairnote (buyable) and Noise Blower (most common 10*) are the best Double Sabers to hunt for, assuming you're looking for maximum efficiency.

Luckily for me, my Blower dropped with 34 fire, so only need to find 3 more to make it 50%. Debating whether I should go for fire or lightning, though. (Not going for Light, it's not very useful where elements really matter, as you can just have a fire and lightning set)
    Been hunting Lambda Fairnote/Failnaught for the last three weeks and anything with element starts at around 5mil....yeah. But I'm bitter :P Supposedly the drop rate for 7-9*s got improved but I'm sure not seeing it.

I like Light as a good all-around choice because every mission has Darkers, but Lightning and Fire are certainly good too.

Its decent data, but there are so many variables to the damage you deal surely it would be better to test using the same weapons with less element on. I.E what if one of your weapons is getting a boost from something else like armour.
    http://expfull.com/