Thread: Spambots

Exclamation Spambots

Seems PSO-World is starting to attract spammers. Is there any permanent solution out there that can stop them?
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

grenades and trip wire
    I am a kubara product.

Not really. But I'm sure that the staff here is on top of the situation anyways.

If you're just now noticing, then I'd say the mods are doing a pretty good job

We have some major software upgrades coming up in the near future and I hope to add a little more spam protection to the site when that happens. As with most forms of spamming, though, it's hard to completely stop it. Spammers are kinda like cockroaches... they'd probably survive a nuclear explosion and keep on going Best thing to do for now is use the "Report" feature on the site to alert mods, as it will usually get removed quickly after that.

Honestly I think they just want a place to "Hang around" and picked here,but who knows since I haven't seen much activity from bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomeeboy View Post
    As with most forms of spamming, though, it's hard to completely stop it. Spammers are kinda like cockroaches... they'd probably survive a nuclear explosion and keep on going
    I've only been here for a few days, but spamming haddn't even crossed my mind going through the forums and it probablly never would have if I haddn't read these postings.

In my opinion, attracting spam bots is a good way of saying PSO-World is getting bigger and bigger!
    Especially with PSO2s release, and US/EU one coming out this year...

PSO-World is awesome!