Is it the item being hard to find or the enemy that drops it being mean?

I ask because while every Mil Lilly ive seen has dropped a rare (either a sense plate, aura field, sange and agito 75) every rare rappy ive seen has not dropped a rare.

While I had an oran I had 4 Tollaw drops over 400 hours (general play not solid searching) netting me Twin Chakrams....can I expect to see 4 Handgun:Millas over the same period with my Whittel or will I be lucky to get 1?

The item. The more stars it has, the harder it is to find.

Take the case of GULD or YASHA. Those two are hard to obtain while (most) other items that the same enemies drop (Indi Belra, Melqueek, Delsaber, Sorcerer) are easier/more common.

The common example would be the Pal Rappy. As long as you're not SKYLY or PINKAL, you have a good chance of getting a red box. The other two ids net 11 star weapons, such are harder to obtain.

i thought that too but I saw 4 Mil Lilly`s in the Temple...all dropped an aura field (inc 2 within an hour of each other just before I corrupted) which is 11 stars where as my friend who is viridia has killed 8 Hildetors and he still hasn`t got a red saber off them.

Plus with his redria character has killed god knows how many Gibbles (i now hate max attack 2 lol) and still no spirit garment.

Well, those are just minimal occurances. Meaning, if you combine the ratios of more people, the results would be more accurate.

That 8 torr thing... either your friend exaggerating or is having a string of bad luck. A RED SABER from one is pretty much a 50/50 drop.

SPIRIT GARMENT... I think I can safely say that I've spent more hours trying to find that thing than most people have. But, consider this. I got my first after 70+ Mountain runs. There are people who've gotten it in less than 10 runs.

There are random factors, but, in the end, just use some common sense.

The more I play and read the forums the more random the item findings seem. I killed ~1400 hidelts (working this out from the lvls gained, 22, in trying and the avg experience and hidelts per run) before getting a god/battle. But the very first time I ever tried ep 2, which wasn't until vhard with that same redria char, gibbles (my first one killed ever) dropped me a spirit garment.

There are some monsters who are stingy with even common rares, though. Generally, the more common the monster the less likely to have any drop (at least, from my experience) and the chance this drop will be rare is remote. I haven't gotten a single rare from Gilchichs, or gilchicks, or the Dubs.

I'm so dumb...

I'm purplenum and I found a spirit garnment in the forest in Ult (in a box) and I thought it was worthless so I gave it away...

oopsie