Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Smile Strongest/most viable class combo

As an antithesis to the other thread, I thought it would be interesting to know (given all the latest patches and updates) what everyone's thoughts are on the the "best" class (perhaps, strongest burst or sustain, trash clearing, solo or most utility in a wide array of situations, etc.). Any takers?

Welcome to the Machine Aquayoshi's Avatar

I know that Forces/Techers can be absolute beasts when it comes to clearing out mobs. Whenever I'm in a party with a caster, I see tons of four-digit numbers, everywhere.

On the other hand, I know from personal experience as a Gunner/Ranger that GU/RA is seriously broken against bosses. Chain Trigger + Weak Bullet + Elder Rebellion = LOL. If done correctly, every boss except Falz will die in seconds.

This way, Z-0!
    Need a change of pace? Need pocket change? Learn a Time Attack here!
    Naberius - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lkQuqfF36A
    Lillipa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRVD8FCO-2M

a force/techer with pp charge revival and hp/pp conversion on the other hand is murder for mobs. Add in the other pp regen skill and bolt saver and you will almost never have to stop spamming techs.

Force with Charge PP Revival, Techer with PP Restorate (or whatever it's called) = constant tech spam.

Now just pick your poison - Fire, Wind, or Darkness? (Or light if you're a pansy)

Nobody can beat gunner/ranger for raw boss-killing potential, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquayoshi View Post
    I know that Forces/Techers can be absolute beasts when it comes to clearing out mobs. Whenever I'm in a party with a caster, I see tons of four-digit numbers, everywhere.

On the other hand, I know from personal experience as a Gunner/Ranger that GU/RA is seriously broken against bosses. Chain Trigger + Weak Bullet + Elder Rebellion = LOL. If done correctly, every boss except Falz will die in seconds.
    Point and Case.

Does Fo/Te stand up against Gu/Ra vs. bosses? Or does any class for that matter?

FI/HU is very well-rounded for fast mob killing and boss slaying. Far more survivability than most other classes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoeus View Post
    Does Fo/Te stand up against Gu/Ra vs. bosses? Or does any class for that matter?
    Not that I know of. Plus i've seen a video of a Gu/Ra take down a VH rockbear in under 10 seconds to yeah that would be kinda hard to beat.
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

Skilled Fighter

GU/RA takes the cake for fastest boss killing, but personally I'd say they're a little too specialized in boss killing/1v1 to be considered the "strongest" in more categories than other classes.

Seamless boss killing is kind of just a novelty since no one struggles against trash mobs.

I'd much rather be a FI/HU for rare farming and PSE bursts. Plus it's way more fun than pew pewing with little to no risk