View Poll Results: What is your favorite Monster Hunter game so far?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monster Hunter :: PS2

3 21.43%
  • Monster Hunter Freedom :: PSP

0 0%
  • Monster Hunter 2 Freedom :: PSP

0 0%
  • Monster Hunter Freedom Unite :: PSP

5 35.71%
  • Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) :: Wii

5 35.71%
  • Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting :: ISO/Android

0 0%
  • Monster Hunter 3G/3 Ultimate :: 3DS/Wii U

0 0%
  • Monster Hunter 4 :: 3DS

0 0%
  • Monster Hunter Frontier :: PC

0 0%
  • Monster Hunter Portable 3rd :: PSP

1 7.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monster Hunter

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

MHtri, its my first expierence with Monster Hunter series and I fell in love with it. Played it 2 years non stop online with some friends from a other game. Had awesome time, got almost everything gear wise thats possible in the game spread over 2 chars, just lack a few arena coins... I think I got quite good at it, and I love to gun down Alatreon and axe Jho. Such good times~ I really miss the game...

I also got MHFU but couldnt get into it somehow, then I got MHP3rd and I played that for a while but it died out as well cause im alone with it...Can only go so far alone in MH.

I kinda hope the Wii U will get MH4 after MH3U. I really wanna play MH again. I think I will buy a copy of MH3U for sure for the Wii U once I get it. Maybe we could arrange a few games sometime OP?
    Last edited by Ce'Nedra; Dec 23, 2012 at 07:14 PM.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

I voted for Monster Hunter on the PS2. Not really because I like it, but because it's the only MH game I have any extensive experience with. Bought it on a lark looking for something to fill the PSO void when FFXI and EQoA couldn't accommodate. Gave it more than a fair shot, but didn't care for it.. and I haven't touched a MH game since. So... favorite by default, I guess.

I've played other games of it's ilk, and I couldn't really get into those either - except for perhaps God Eater Burst and Dragon's Dogma (which probably doesn't count since it's more like a lovechild of MH and Dragon Age)

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    I voted for Monster Hunter on the PS2. Not really because I like it, but because it's the only MH game I have any extensive experience with. Bought it on a lark looking for something to fill the PSO void when FFXI and EQoA couldn't accommodate. Gave it more than a fair shot, but didn't care for it.. and I haven't touched a MH game since. So... favorite by default, I guess.

I've played other games of it's ilk, and I couldn't really get into those either - except for perhaps God Eater Burst and Dragon's Dogma (which probably doesn't count since it's more like a lovechild of MH and Dragon Age)
    Oh yes, I heard Dragons Dogma is good. Anything in particular about it you find unique? And if you get a 3ds or a Wii u, you should try out mh3u if you can. You might like it.

And if you get a 3ds or a Wii u, you should try out mh3u if you can. You might like it.
    Maybe. I doubt they'd change the core mechanics too far away from what made it popular, and I have played demos of MH on the PSP, and they don't seem encouraging. It just feels like all the worst aspects of an MMO condensed and injected into a dungeon-crawler - destroying the good aspects of those in the process. Even derivative titles like Gods Eater I found barely tolerable, and only because I enjoyed the world and the lore more.

I don't mean to bag on the MH series too much; I'm sure they're great titles if you're into that sort of game. I just don't understand why people enjoy them so much.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Dec 25, 2012 at 12:02 AM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Maybe. I doubt they'd change the core mechanics too far away from what made it popular, and I have played demos of MH on the PSP, and they don't seem encouraging. It just feels like all the worst aspects of an MMO condensed and injected into a dungeon-crawler - destroying the good aspects of those in the process. Even derivative titles like Gods Eater I found barely tolerable, and only because I enjoyed the world and the lore more.

I don't mean to bag on the MH series too much; I'm sure they're great titles if you're into that sort of game. I just don't understand why people enjoy them so much.

Spoiler!
    Well, MH3U and Tri did change the MH series by quite a few aspects, as well as improved online play and multiplayer in itself. In fact, at the rate MH is evolving, it will be quite different from the original mh games. You see, MH4 will be coming out in Japan soon for the 3DS. It is already different from MH3U in that it is more "open world" rather than simple piece by piece area maps. Also, in MH4 and MH3U, a new targeting feature has been added that works similarly to the one used in 3D Zelda games. I think monster hunters biggest pull right now is the multiplayer. I myself prefere to play with friends than hunt alone.

Do you remember the Diablos? Dat running speed.