Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PSO2 NA/JP Voices

I'm sure there are a lot of people who feel the same way about this topic as I do, and I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't care.

Straight to the point, I cant see any reason why they shouldn't throw in the option to change the voices to whichever you prefer. (English or Japanese)

They already have the voices done for the Japanese, and they will have the English voices done, obviously, by the time the game is released in NA. It wouldn't take much effort to throw both voice files into the game and just add the choice to the options menu.
    Of course, its a bit more complicated then I worded it, but the point is the amount of people this would please greatly out-weighs the amount of effort it would take to do so.

I'm the type of person who would never watch an English dub over an English sub. I would probably opt to continue playing on the JP servers solely due to the voices. On the other hand, I would also like to play with people I can easily communicate with. Here is to hoping we can get the best of both worlds.

I will only support this IF, AND ONLY IF they supply/package the "foreign voice packs" SEPARATELY, because I'm not willing to download extra data just for a separate set of voice overs.

Which I highly doubt would happen, cuz then the whole internet could just grab them and perhaps use them without credit.

So in short, if it isn't mandatory to download all voicepacks within the one setup, i'm game.

Btw this IS going to be an "international version", so there will likely be OTHER languages voiced.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

How many online games have you played that allow you to switch the audio language (bonus points for not having to change the text language too)? I've never heard of such a thing before (then again, I'm a rather sheltered lad when it comes to MMO/ORPGs), and I'd be surprised if one actually exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Maronji View Post
    How many online games have you played that allow you to switch the audio language (bonus points for not having to change the text language too)? I've never heard of such a thing before (then again, I'm a rather sheltered lad when it comes to MMO/ORPGs), and I'd be surprised if one actually exists.
    90% of MMORPG don't even have voice actors. Its mostly just a lot of reading. :P

It's not a matter of if there are or are not any others. The process is not a too difficult one, and there is a significant amount of players that would appreciate this (enough to consider doing so). They will already have all the of the content to do so. It is just a matter of applying it. And voice files and such would most likely be server-side, so not much risk in people stealing them. Its a small enough addition to the options that it could be done by a single person in a relatively short amount of time.

EDIT:
    Also, don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining, just praying.
    I think of this has bonus points for them. Not doing it wont hurt them, but doing it is like a little boost for them in terms of community relations.
    So I can understand them not doing it simply because they don't have to. It wont do them any harm. On the other hand, I see no serious reason for them not to. It would make a lot of players happy.
    Last edited by Harrada; Dec 24, 2012 at 08:08 AM.

I know one that allows to use custom voices for your own character
    http://divina.nexon.co.jp/news/detail.aspx?c=1&id=315
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

I'm fine with english as long as they don't butcher it by messing up the translation.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

^ "I'm...Ethan Waber, dur dur derp derp derp..."

I feel they are doing the localization on the cheap and will keep the JPN voices.

I'm in agreement. I can't stand english dubbing in anime, and I'm sure this game wont be an exception. I like the JP voices. It might be possible though, in lots of games (xbox/PS3) of Japanese origin you can choose the Japanese voice files.

Screw Subs and JP voices. I'll take English Dubs over that any day.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal