Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Maronji View Post
    How many online games have you played that allow you to switch the audio language (bonus points for not having to change the text language too)? I've never heard of such a thing before (then again, I'm a rather sheltered lad when it comes to MMO/ORPGs), and I'd be surprised if one actually exists.
    They're not online games, but some of the Dynasty Warriors / Soul Calibur / Namco Bandai games in general include the option to use Japanese VO while still using English subtitles. That being said...

please do this, please do this, please do this...

Edit: I mean, it's not as if it'd be hard; just include the Jp voice files in the downloader with all the rest. They already have them all, for pity's sake.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Pretty sure they'd still have to get new licenses to use the voices over here.

Maybe someone will make it possible to switch voice files from both versions.

sig by me, PM if you want to request one.
    Ship 2/Ship 4:
    Sakia HU FI newearl | アモリ RAmarl | Hasumi FO RA caseal | ぴょましFOnewearl | 白井 BR HU Duman | リーヨウ RA GU caseal| Rena SU FI| マテオ HU/NK

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    Pretty sure they'd still have to get new licenses to use the voices over here.
    Exactly. It's not a matter of "just leaving them in," there's lots more involved. Sometimes publishers are forced to fully dub a game before it's allowed to even be released, and the costs for including multiple languages is much more than just the one.

Bunch of PC games can be modded to replace language packs, however. I know I've done that for AION and TERA. English/Japanese/Korean and such were all swappable if you can find a download. Just plop the official unmodified files in your install folder and everything plays fine. Might not always be as smooth as that, and most likely against some rules somewhere, but it's totally harmless.

Though I half expect SEGA to just remove all the voiced lines to cut costs.

I doubt that Sega will leave the Japanese voices in the game. Seeing just how many "free to play" games are there in the non-Japanese world, Sega most likely won't bother with English voice acting to cut the spending, and will just remove most of the voices altogether instead of keeping the originals. After all, selling a game that isn't only tailored to appeal to people who aren't them, but also where people speak in some crazy moon language to an actually wide, non-Japanese audience is, despite what some people here are trying to deny, not a very good idea.

Good point about licensing, too. Your average player who prefers English voices (provided this game has them in the first place) wouldn't care if the Japanese language is unavailable, and overestimating the influence of the wapanese audience is one thing that those people like to do and Sega doesn't.

I think they are just simply going to take the dialogue out, like they did with PSU.....

I would prefer them to keep some kind of VA... but I can see them doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Golto View Post
    I feel they are doing the localization on the cheap and will keep the JPN voices.
    I would prefer this to halfassed english voices and no extra voice packs, though that in itself would likely cost them more =/

but as above, it wouldn't surprise if instead we just got nothing at all
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

I wouldn't be surprised if all we get are the CG scenes and character grunts

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if all we get are the CG scenes and character grunts
    I would be very disappointed and highly pissed off if they did this. It will go to show that Sega doesn't care about any of its customers outside of japan. Because frankly to be honest all those voiced cut sceens and emergency mission quick dialog from the operators add to the game in a good way. I will also refuse to acknowledg a non JP pso2 exists with out them.
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

They had English VAs in PSU, I don't understand why they wouldn'tdo it for pso2.