Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

I was waiting for the PSO2 EN release for quite some time, ever since I found out, it's happening, by now I've gotten impatient, hence why I joined the japanese servers.

It won't take much from SEGA NA/EU to actually make me stay on the JP servers and only there, as I don't have much faith left for'em.

The PSU thing was a horrible experience and I'm not keen on going through that crap again.

It also depends on the content on release, if we're no-where close to the JP servers, they can go and screw themselves for all I care.

Characters:
    やすはら だいすけ - Ship 2 - Lvl27 Hunter, lvl 7 Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Sierhiet, the game was actually being DEVELOPED pre-JP release, so that would justify the silence during those few months.

SoA's sitting with their thumbs up their collective asses with the game already made.
    All they have to do is translate/localize it and come up with their own server structure and we're just left sitting in the dark being told to F-off whenever we ask for any sort of information.
    I understand what your trying to say, but I already pointed that out in my explanation. That is being completely biased. The discussion was, should we be worried about our native release considering the the silence we've heard since PAX. My answer is absolutely not. We've gotten valuable information in less than half the time. Your trying to shift the argument from "We should be worried because of the info drought" which basically has been proven false, to "We should be getting information fast because the game is out of pre-dev." Which is neither true, nor factual.

The overall assumption that we're being shafted or starved of data is a complete lie, fabrication, or in some cases, over exaggeration of the true matter at hand.

The game is off of pre-development. Yes. But that only plays right into my point. Naturally, it would be OK to assume we would get some information a little faster. But that doesn't mean we are entitled to it. We are getting information as fast (or slow) as our JP counter part. The only difference is, we as EN players have the fortune of looking at what the JP servers have gotten, in order to measure what we can assume for our release.
    Last edited by Sierhiet; Jan 10, 2013 at 07:45 AM.

The problem comes when you sum up this with pretty much everything else, like most PS series past releases in the US, and then is when you start to worry. In any case, this paragraph called my attention:

Quote Originally Posted by Sierhiet View Post
    Honestly, this discussion has become redundant, and this thread was over pages ago. We are dealing with the same narcissistic group borderline praying for the EN version to fail for whatever self justifying reason. The same selective speculations while overlooking the key deviation: the game is F2P. That fact, in and of itself is the most important out of anything to merit a bit of intrigue, faith, or what have you in our native release.
    You know, the fact that many people find hilarious the blind faith that other people like you show for SEGA and their international policies doesn't mean that we are a "narcissistic group" praying for the downfall of rhe EN version. The problem comes when you have a group, SoA, who doesn't get to grow balls yet to face SoJ's almost-xenophobic attitude with their foreign releases, and SoJ's attitude itself. But in any case, I think your attitude towards people who don't support the NA release is way past the line of politeness. Narcissistic... That's a new one. I wonder if you just throw insults out of spite or you actually think about their meaning before doing so.

The problem is that they're not going to change their way of mistreating you, and I mean you personally, and any other who thinks like you (understand that as a spanish player in the JP servers, the fate of the NA servers don't really affect me too much), unless they consider said way of handling things as something negative to their business, and sadly, the only thing they seem to care lately is about their pockets. Many of us don't see fair that because of the way you seem to drop your pants and bend over, SEGA won't ever learn the lesson and start doing things better, hence the seemingly eagerness for the EN release's downfall.

Maybe if they don't get a damn buck for it, they actually try better next time. Because throwing money at their faces doesn't seem to make them work better.
    Last edited by Darki; Jan 10, 2013 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    Maybe if they don't get a damn buck for it, they actually try better next time. Because throwing money at their faces doesn't seem to make them work better.
    You think playing the JP version will improve this? No, they simply won't make an NA version because Europeans and Americans will play anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by seany1990 View Post
    You think playing the JP version will improve this? No, they simply won't make an NA version because Europeans and Americans will play anyway.
    I never said that playing the JP version would improve anything. I don't play the JP version for that, I play it because it's the only one available and I don't feel like waiting for the US version.

But it doesn't seem that supporting the NA releases improve anything either. It didn't do for any of the franchise's previous games, not even once. Personally right now I'm out of ideas. Supporting their western version just makes them take the money for granted and work like shit till the games die out. Not supporting their version apparently would make them drop the game. What would make them actually do their damn job then?
    Last edited by Darki; Jan 10, 2013 at 09:43 AM.

I never said that playing the JP sersion would improve anything. I don't play the JP version for that, I play it because it's the only one aviable and I don't feel like waiting for the US version.

But it doesn't seem that supporting the NA releases improve anything either. It didn't do for any of the franchise's previous games, not even once.
    The only way SoA will improve is if Non-Japanese boycott both versions.

The only way SoA will improve is if Non-Japanese boycott both versions.
    How do you know? Same as with your previous statement, that's just a conjecture. That might just make them lose completely any shred of willingness to make any further western release. Is not like we get here all games from Japan anyways, one more wouldn't be a surprise, even if it's a franchise as popular as this. Hell, even games like the Tales series, that has so many fans here, and we didn't get Tales of the World 3 for the PSP being an awesome game, much better than the only one (the first) that we got.

How do you know?
    The western market is far too big to ignore.

The western market is far too big to ignore.
    Many companies ignore it partially. Is not like SEGA's only franchise is Phantasy Star series, and we get plenty of Sonic here.

Also I don't really get what do you mean with boycotting their JP version. You mean like those hackers?
    Last edited by Darki; Jan 10, 2013 at 09:55 AM.

You sound exuberantly bitter, Darki, and loose as a cannon. The last time you and I had a discussion, you yourself weren't even keen to the facts and ended up looking entirely misinformed, so I would hope you wouldn't want a repeat of such. I'll humor you though.

The problem comes when you sum up this with pretty much everything else, like most PS series past releases in the US, and then is when you start to worry.
    This has been discussed billions of times before. The discussion of this thread in particularly though was, should we be worried considering the lack of information flow. I have already proven we aren't deviating far from what the Japanese got in terms of information flow. Stay on topic, sir. If you want to go over the same tired argument of before, you can refer to threads of the past. Or, I'd be happy to have the discussion again.

You know, the fact that many people find hilarious the blind faith that other people like you show for SEGA and their international policies doesn't mean that we are a "narcissistic group" praying for the downfall of rhe EN version. The problem comes when you have a group, SoA, who doesn't get to grow balls yet to face SoJ's almost-xenophobic attitude with their foreign releases, and SoJ's attitude itself. But in any case, I think your attitude towards people who don't support the NA release is way past the line of politeness. Narcissistic... That's a new one. I wonder if you just throw insults out of spite or you actually think about their meaning before doing so.
    Alright, did you even take the chance to read any of the fallacies coming from the peanut gallery? Anything other than my post? Or did you simply see my name in the most recent post, and just had to retort, in any way possible. It is not blind faith when I'm coming in with factual reference to disprove or support something. It is, however, blind rage when you get posts from individuals on the lines of "SOA doesn't give a shit about PSO2" with absolutely nothing supporting the ideal, other than past poor experiences (while simultaneously ignoring other data). Now Darki, you could either go back and sift through the stream of EN release bashing yourself, or I'd be happy to go through and hand pick every single post for you, and quote in my next post. Pick your poison. Also...

Narcissistic - egotistic: characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance.

When you think 2 month intervals (EN) of information flow in comparison to 4 (JP) is unfair, and are perpetuating the ideal that this is a foreshadow of bad things to come, than yes, I think the above term would sum up the sense of entitlement some of us have had fairly nicely.

The problem is that they're not going to change their way of mistreating you, and I mean you personally, and any other who thinks like you, unless they consider said way of handling things as something negative to their business, and sadly, the only thing they seem to care lately is about their pockets. Many of us don't see fair that because of the way you seem to drop your pants and bend over, SEGA won't ever learn the lesson and start doing things better, hence the seemingly eagerness for the EN release's downfall.

This final quote is the most bitter, hate filled cluster of bile I think I've ever seen from you. Forget everything else for a second, but in the bolded your basically submitting that you want the EN release to fail financially so that we get a better game next time? Sir, are you serious? Am I reading that right? And then back to the top. All of that is absolute scornful bullshit. Your mad, and its oozing through that entire paragraph. The JP servers have been taking opinions from it's user base since day one, and applying changes (some I wouldn't agree with at all), so that whole bit about SEGA considering said ways of handling things, and only caring about their pockets isn't fair at all.

And that whole bit about us EN hopefuls dropping our pants in optimism? So what exactly are you doing when you jump ship to JP, ignore the TOS (or pretend it doesn't exist ), are cut off officially AC wise, and then proceed to jump through more hurdles just to give THEM your money, while simultaneously dealing with a foreign client (languages). You are a hypocrite.