Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Are we fighting a losing battle? (Lore Question/Possible "spoilers"))

Ok so, the simple, short version is that the Profound Darkness cannot be destroyed and instead it can simply be contained within the seal, which is the reason Dark Falz keeps attempting to free it´s "master" whenever the seal weakens, right?

Doesn´t this mean that we are not really fighting to defeat it but simply to scratch a few more years of life for our system, and that the Profound Darkness can simply sit pretty and wait ( literally ) an eternity for us to screw up?

Does not this mean that the eventual freedom of the PD and our complete annihilation is an inevitable outcome (be it within 500 years or 1 bilion ) and that everything we do is (from a cosmical point of view ) pointless?

Yes, we're basically just fighting for more time. The Profound Darkness is evil itself, and you cannot just 'destroy' evil. It's not possible. So, the heroes in every Phantasy Star game are more or less just buying another ~1000 years or however long it is, so someone else can deal with it.

Now, let's hear some more needlessly complex theories-

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Yeppers, and if evil is destroyed it will only take another form in the future. But at least so many men are dead women finally get a fighting role against the evil...(^-0)
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Such a defeatist attitude!

It's worth it even if all we get is a few more days. All we have to do is buy a few more days before those days are up, and do it again, and again, and again, and again...

If we lose the will to live before then, then we deserve what's coming to us. That's how it works!

and who knows whether we'll find the solution.

Throw logic to the curb, do the impossible!
    Someone once said that.

I never meant to say we should not fight it, of course we should.

I just mean that from a single person´s point of view, it is a bit frustrating to not be able to prevent others from having to follow the same path we are forced to follow.

To know that all i can do is scratch a few more years for those to come, which of course is still a very worthy cause but...

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Photons.

That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Isn't that what life is anyway? I mean, think about it, from a realist point of view: We're born, we grow up, start a family, raise our young, grow old, and then we die. That's life in an idyllic nutshell. We're constantly "fighting" in some form or another for our wages, our food...everything.

This is just another form of the fight. More severe in this case, but...the fight is still there, still constant.

"Time" has always been our greatest enemy. Why? Because time is insurmountable. Incapable of defeat.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Land of OZ I think? ... or did that tornado take me elsewhere?

Well however you look at it, It is either going to be evil that kills all OR a super nova from the system star that would eventually blow up, OR a big ass meteor could strike and cause the world to go into a unliveable place to live which then everyone would have to go search out ragol and live there and for some odd reason everywhere they go there is a falz seal! this game makes my head spin lol
    The Creator of Syncesta!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    Isn't that what life is anyway? I mean, think about it, from a realist point of view: We're born, we grow up, start a family, raise our young, grow old, and then we die. That's life in an idyllic nutshell. We're constantly "fighting" in some form or another for our wages, our food...everything.

This is just another form of the fight. More severe in this case, but...the fight is still there, still constant.

"Time" has always been our greatest enemy. Why? Because time is insurmountable. Incapable of defeat.
    This.

BUT WE ARE NOT INDIVIDUALS, TOGETHER WE ARE JUST AS INFINITE AS TIME AND DARKNESS!

So make more babies keep and killing dark falz' cousins.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.