Default English Patch. v. Quick Question =)

Hi guys! I am so excited to be playing PSO2! I have been having a blast with the english patch. I just have one question:

Is EVERYTHING supposed to be translated into english? Or will there still be some text that is in Japanese? For instance, the NPC's text is all in japanese along with item names and descriptions. Is this normal?

Thank you!

Only the necessities. I don't use the english patch (I'll never need it) myself, but I have a couple of friends who need the english patch simply because they don't know kana.
    All Menus, some dialogue (emergency missions), client orders, grinding, affixing (attributes as well).

Basically everything except the extras, like story related stuff and character dialog (?).
    As for items, I believe they remain in their kana state because of item search in MyShop.. (probably).

It's enough that you will be more than satisfied.
    Last edited by Raymee; Jan 14, 2013 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymee View Post
    Only the necessities. I don't use the english patch (I'll never need it) myself, but I have a couple of friends who need the english patch simply because they don't know kana.
    All Menus, some dialogue (emergency missions), client orders, grinding, affixing (attributes as well).
    Thank you Raymee! That's what I figured

My name on the servers is AndrewLD, btw. Just in case we happen to be playing at the same time

Most of us are in Ship 2.
    I'm on ship 2 too but I usually play with JP.

Any certain level that everyone hangs out on?

item names are serverside. English Patch can only change local files which contain text, so anything serverside is unaffected. That's why they're not converted.

Just as a PS english would not affect myshop. The search function sees all itms even the ones you dont own as whatever the local files see it as ( or would anyway) proof of this is in the fact that the item affixes for weapons and armor are in english for the patch and cen be searched out in my shop using the english names where as the jp names for the affixes no longer work with the patch installed.