Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sub Classes, worth unlocking asap?

I've just hit level 20 (well, i'm above that now) and obviously have been given access to the subclass CO. I've managed to grind the Fodoran and Garongo and found 2 of the 5 Gilnas while finishing my desert missions. I've read that Gilnas are easier to find in the mines, and afaik they're only in the desert as a rare-ish encounter (level stats indicate they show up less than 1% of the time) Is it worth waiting until I unlock the mines to finish this CO or should I go wander around the desert for hours until I actually stumble across 3 of these things?

You can go for days without finding Gilnas' in desert and Mines isn't too far off. You can try and finish it now, or hold it off until you unlock a new class at 30.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Subclasses are really beneficial and I would recommend trying to get them unlocked asap. I personally had luck running the second area of the third(?) desert mission with 3 NPCs(Since it boosts the number that appear) where they can appear as an Emergency Code.

Gilnas are practically guaranteed to spawn in Transformers Takedown
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    You can go for days without finding Gilnas' in desert and Mines isn't too far off. You can try and finish it now, or hold it off until you unlock a new class at 30.
    This is what I was thinking to be honest. As a force I cant see how subclass is going to help much until I can unlock the Techer class, anyway.

Question on sub classing. Does your subclass level up while equipped, or do you have to level your subclass up as a main class first, basically making you level two classes atleast to level 50?

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    This is what I was thinking to be honest. As a force I cant see how subclass is going to help much until I can unlock the Techer class, anyway.

Question on sub classing. Does your subclass level up while equipped, or do you have to level your subclass up as a main class first, basically making you level two classes atleast to level 50?
    You have to level them separately, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    You have to level them separately, yes.
    Thought that'd be the case, boo. Oh well I guess subclassing as a force while I level techer should work well.

Thought that'd be the case, boo. Oh well I guess subclassing as a force while I level techer should work well.
    Techer is a more support oriented class and as such, the techs as Techer are not as effective unless you're subbing as Force. Wind, light and dark is a Techers specialty.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    Techer is a more support oriented class and as such, the techs as Techer are not as effective unless you're subbing as Force. Wind, light and dark is a Techers specialty.
    Wind is probably my favourite set of spells at the moment anyway hah

Wind is probably my favourite set of spells at the moment anyway hah
    You'll also want to consider that Techers are more striking based, since their stats are similar to Hunters. Wand gear is a proof of that.