Default Hunter-Fighter-Ranger-Gunner Skill questions

Hi, so here i am ... level 40+ Force and 45+ Techer. Now i want to either try out Fighter (loved Double Daggers and Doublesaber in PSO) or Gunner (Double Machineguns ...yay ).

After taking a peek into the translated Skill trees, i kinda get confused by some of the gameslang there. Maybe i get here answers, as i don't see any stickie here that provides answers, nor on the Skill Simulator website.

#1 Hunter - On various Skills there is the talk about "Just Attacks". Do i need to have the skill "Just Guard" and "Just Counter" in order to perform Just Attacks?

#2 Hunter - How do the Skill "Automated Halfline" work? I mean it's supposed to heal you at 50% HP, but is it based on a percentage chance, and what "Mate" does it use, the basic one or the lowest "Mate-type" item in my inventory?

#3 Hunter - Is it viable to make a build that focuses on HP and defense "sucking up damage" rather then evasion?

4# Fighter - "Chase Bind" what does the Bind status do? And is it viable?

5# Ranger - "Jellen Shot" Is there any difference between the Assault Rifle's "Weak Bullet" and this skill for the Launcher?

6# Gunner - So do Ranger and Gunner rely heavy on Ability? As both seem to have allot skills raising that.

Thanks in advance, and ... i would be happy if some of you share they're thoughts about how they skilled they're Hunter/Fighter - Ranger/Gunner combo

#1 Just Attack is that "blue/red circle" thing around yourself whenever you do any attack on any class. JA Bonus improves the damage bonus for non-techs. Just Guard is totally unrelated. Just Counter makes an attack after Just Guard act as if it was JA'd.

#2 The skill is % chance, automatic use (no animation), uses lowest mate in inventory. The chance is garbage at rank 1 (20%) and really only worth using at rank 10 (100%).

#3 Viable in the loosest sense of the word. It's honestly better to go offensive and learn to dodge better. Iron Will or Automate are the furthest "defensive" I would ever recommend. Just Guard should not be considered optional, though. It nullifies damage and only costs "4" points (counting the needed S-DEF Up)

#4 Makes enemies unable to move (except for certain attack animations that move them). It's ok on tougher "normal" enemies. One point or nothing is all that's needed. Any more than 1 is wasteful.

#5 Jellan Shot makes enemy attacks weaker. It is the exact opposite of Weak Bullet (and is also kind of crap).

#6 Don't raise Ability or any (regular stat) up more than is necessary for skill prerequisites. Everybody uses Ability but it's not worth investing more into. It makes your damage more "stable" but it's not really possible to have "too low" Ability and there's not much point to having more unless you need it to equip something.

http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/ should answer most other skill-related questions. There's not much ambiguity if you read the descriptions there and see what the effect of putting more SP into a skill is.
    Last edited by Seravi Edalborez; Feb 4, 2013 at 01:27 AM.

HU-36 FI-48 RA-50 GU-50 FO-35 TE-36

#3- It is possible to become slightly beefier, but nothing even close to dodging or Just Guarding. Automate and/or Iron Will are great for emergencies, but don't get too lazy.

#4- Requires a status effect to work, so you'll likely not be able to bind many enemies. Plus you'll be smacking them around to apply the status, so they'll be nearly dead anyway.

#6- Not at all. The little bit you get by unlocking the good skills is all you need. Ability is not worth focusing on for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    #5 Jellan Shot makes enemy attacks weaker. It is the exact opposite of Weak Bullet (and is also kind of crap).
    Last I saw it, Jellen Shot did reduce boss damage by quite a lot. Something that would hit 400 did 100s.
    Last edited by Rien; Feb 4, 2013 at 04:10 AM.

#2 Careful with automated halfline or automate dead line, if you have say 51% (31%) left on your total HP and the next hit does more damage than that, you will be dead.

#3 Depends on your play style, but if you can equip the 547 S-DEF units, personally I don't think you need to go more defensive with hunters or fighters. Just make sure to use step to dodge and just guard. If your timing was a bit off, mostly due to lag, the units should absorb a couple of hits, which allows to retreat for a mate, before trying to kill something again.

4# not sure about this, i doesn't seem to work for me or it probably lasts only for a split second. Even when enemies are engulf with he yellow lightnings/shock they still seem to be able to attack and move around as usual. Besides that, it is highly likely the enemy will be knocked around by other players...
    PSO2 characters:
    Ship 10: Huq (HU:70, RA:70, FO:70, FI:70, GU:70, TE:70, BR:70)
    Ship 02: Rizzla (HU:65, RA:40, FO:18, FI:65, GU:10, TE:00, BR:65)

So what would be considered good base builds for Hunter, Fighter, Ranger and Gunner? I'm interested what skills are "essential" and what are optional.

Quote Originally Posted by momoka View Post
    So what would be considered good base builds for Hunter, Fighter, Ranger and Gunner? I'm interested what skills are "essential" and what are optional.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...01#post2915401

HU-36 FI-48 RA-50 GU-50 FO-35 TE-36