Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast

I wish the buffs were changed back to the way they were in PSU, where you casted them and they stuck, no ticks or anything.
    The ticks wouldn't be that bad if buff range was larger. But sometimes, especially in boss fights, it gets really hard to catch everybody with all 4 ticks with the limited range. This can be really annoying when it comes to resta and somebody has 10 HP, you try to heal them, catch them with the first tick but after that they run away, or have to dodge an enemies or a boss and don't get the rest of the ticks and can't be fully healed.

I LOVED to play Acrotecher in PSU, but in PSO2 it's more a hassle because of the ticks and support isn't that useful. I do have a Te/Fo that I use mainly for support in fights, but it is not nearly as fun as it was in PSU, with things like giresta, monster debuffs and high SE effect technics, and of course the super fast casting thanks to TCSMs.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

Funny because I hated acro and master classes in PSU. They might bave been fun to play, of course, but conceptually I feel that they ruined the class selection from vanilla PSU. For me it seemed like Acro classes were just some not-too-much-though classes to sell more copies of AotI... Basically, I felt that they were unnecesary. Acrotecher pretty much crapped the role of Watechers and Guntechers separatedly: they took over the role of a melee/tech class while they absolutely destroyed the little supportive capabilities that Guntecher might had been conceptually aiming to from the beginning. Acrofighter was just a Fighgunner with a re-rolled S-rank selection and cards, which was the only weapon they had that FI didn't.

In my opinion, they could have given the casting speed bonus to Guntecher and make them the support class, the attack speed bonus to fighgunner, and S rank T-mags and Single-handed melee weapons to Wartecher to turn it into a real melee/tech hybrid and not just a fighter with Resta. And in case of Master classes, the same, why having to go with just 3~4 weapons for the higher numb4rz when one of this franchise's strong points is the fact that each class has the mastery over many weapons?

That's my opinion, of course. But you can't deny that SEGA didn't seem to have much idea of what the fuck were they doing considering the weapon choices they did narling the end of the game. Double sabers to GT? Axes to WT? Puh-leeaase...

Back to the topic, as I said previously, the problem is that in this game it seems that it's mandatory to be an offensive character at all costs no matter what class you choose. In any other game, a class like Techer would be considered to be the nurse of the team, and the game would revolve on having the support character busy enough taking care of the party to have to worry for actually touching enemies. It comes to my mind games as silly as Ragnarok Online, where the Priest is one of the most overpowered classes in the game because it's able to turn a simple character into an inmortal killing powerhouse with just a couple buffs. And it's one of the most stressing classes in the game, at least for someone like me who doesn't enjoy support.

And yes, Techer has also the other side of the coin as a melee-magic fighter with Wand gear. Same as in Ragnarok Online you can be a demon slayer Priest and actually be able to literally one-shot any demon or zombie-type enemy (because you have a skill that it's specific function is to "kill in one hit anything that is unholy"). But you can't be both at the same time unless you go hybrid and end with the proverbial refrain that all hybrid lovers like me have to deal with: Jack of all trades, master of none.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

What I would like to see is bonus EXP and Mesta for quest. Like 10%-20% more for No Damage (Percent scales based on difficulty. These would come up after you select your quest. Hell, these could even be client orders.

No Damage Bonus:
    Full Map Exploration Bonus:
    Full Enemy Elimination Bonus: Basically, anything over 100% will be added into EXP ad Mesta. So if you get 150%, you get 50% more EXP
    Emergency Code Completion: The more you complete, the more bonus you get. Like 2-5% per completion.

Another suggestion: Allow subclass players to multi-equip. For an example. Hunter/Ranger can use rifles, etc. However, the weapon will take on the stats of the class it belongs to.
    Last edited by Shinamori; Mar 13, 2013 at 10:09 AM.

Quest clear bonuses would be great. Stuff like "Kill everything that spawns," "Load entire map," and "Don't hit any dead ends." You couldn't do all of them in one run, of course.

It'd apply bonus exp and stuff to the subclass, ideally. At the very least quest clear experience should match quest clear meseta, and then be applied a second time for your subclass, all like 1400 of it

Quote Originally Posted by Syklo View Post
    Allow us to CHOOSE which blocks to login to, rather than randomly land, THEN choose.
    it would be nice but imagine everyone trying to go to block 20 all at once logging on. Beside this would be the equivalent to premium player able to get pushed into full blocks

Quote Originally Posted by MegaZoneXE View Post
    it would be nice but imagine everyone trying to go to block 20 all at once logging on. Beside this would be the equivalent to premium player able to get pushed into full blocks
    I can't, because I'm not on said ship >
    Quests should really give EXP and not only meseta.......why is there an EXP section in the first place if it's always 0?

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Increase buff duration and make it so Hard rares never appear in Very Hard and possibly increase the drop rate on 10 stars, 3 weeks going on 4 without a 10 star is a load of bs if you ask me so i dont "have to" use a 250% booster to pick up more 1k rares

or make it so its guranteed a 10 star if you use a 250% rare booster no matter how crappy the 10 star is, at least you got something out of it and not more Vroalets and Talis Legacys

well, they're "rares" for a reason.

The problem is not their drop rate, the problem is the drop rate paired with the inability to trade them. And since the new system to buy them apparently requires you to own a sacrificial 10* to be able to buy them I don't see it getting much better.

I do agree with not having hard mode rares in VH though.

Yeah, the 10* buying thing is a bandaid. The pool you can draw from to get the item you want goes from just THAT 10* item, to ANY 10* item. Those are WAY better odds, yeah, but they're still not really reliable. If we had a bracket of way more common 10* items it'd be better, but ideally they'll just cave and let us use iritista weapons to redeem for trading. Then, hopefully, the value of the 10* will be in the work to find it and the cost of premium, not both of those and finding your own 10*.

That said...matter board 11 has 2 10*'s on it - and those are forced to drop after a set number of kills. So, worst case scenario, doing a bunch of forest AQ's basically assures you a single 10* drop (because never getting enough common banthers is so incredibly unlikely that... actually, I feel bad for the few thousand people who will only find rockbears and rare banthers)

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

The ability to have your subclasses to level up with you. Like they get 50% of your EXP (you still get the full EXP).