Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Personally, I think there should be some sort of safeguard in case you get disconnected from Darker's Den or any other rare missions if more come out in the future. Like you could re-join the party during the run or make a new one if you're soloing. I suggest this mainly because it's insane the amount of time one could try to hunt a rare mission and then get an error during the run and lose access to it for an undetermined amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No View Post
    Personally, I think there should be some sort of safeguard in case you get disconnected from Darker's Den or any other rare missions if more come out in the future. Like you could re-join the party during the run or make a new one if you're soloing. I suggest this mainly because it's insane the amount of time one could try to hunt a rare mission and then get an error during the run and lose access to it for an undetermined amount of time.
    Thank you. Seconded from personal experience.

I could go on about what I'd change but they all end with "Sega can't manage shit", so eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    Well, we are only fighting level 50ish enemies at the moment. Now, if this continues with the next difficulty level where enemies are all very derp than its an issue, but as it is we're at roughly a 4th of what's probably the maximum level in the game, 200.

Enemies DID get faster between Normal and Hard. Hard and Vhard enemies DID NOT change in speed. Now its possible that they won't change it again, but regardless it would be nice if the lower level enemies became less worthless.
    So the next difficulty mode, after 200 hours spent through normal, hard and very hard should finally feel a bit challenging huh?

I can't believe how it's so forgiving that modes called hard and very hard feel like easy/normal. The concept of a difficulty was not made to stretch the player's experience superficially. They're there to keep the player engaged and reward them for the skill they've obtained through experience. I swear pso2 has like the most laughable difficulty modes I've ever seen in a videogame........ Excluding the bosses
    Last edited by Agitated_AT; Feb 11, 2013 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Thank you. Seconded from personal experience.

I could go on about what I'd change but they all end with "Sega can't manage shit", so eh.
    Yes! Auto-rejoin should be standard in online games!

If you drop in a quest, and the quest is still in progress, you should be allowed to rejoin. Period. Time attacks, EMQ's that have expired, anything.

edit: I don't want to see this thread stick to one topic but this warrants a response
    Quote Originally Posted by Agitated_AT View Post
    So the next difficulty mode, after 200 hours spent through normal, hard and very hard should finally feel a bit challenging huh?

I can't believe how it's so forgiving that modes called hard and very hard feel like easy/normal. The concept of a difficulty was not made to stretch the player's experience superficially. They're there to keep the player engaged and reward them for the skill they've obtained through experience. I swear pso2 has like the most laughable difficulty modes I've ever seen in a videogame........ Excluding the bosses
    This is due to the nature of flinch. Enemies can be kept in a perpetual state of flinch pretty easily by even one single player, let alone multiple players. Remove the flinch-happy nature of the game, and things should become incrementally challenging again.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Feb 11, 2013 at 08:45 PM.

You don't mean remove enemy flinching entirely right?

Cause that would make Darker's Den pure hell.

No, not removing entirely, but not leaving it as it currently is either. I don't have a thought for an exact fix, because I'd rather see melee given some changes and see how things pan out there first before trying to fix a problem that may resolve itself.

Many latter-game enemies have different levels of flinch resistance that may make changes I'd like moot. When comparing something like fordrans vs. gilnas, the bigger threat is the one that can't be flinched, for instance. So just add more stuff like that, and perhaps the rest will be addressed with better enemy distributions in AQ's or difficulty adjustments in ultimate.

There are actually some enemies without flinch I think. Especially the bigger ones. I think it should be balanced is all. A big slow enemy with no flinch makes sense, but a fast enemy should of course have a little bit of flinch perhaps.

But it'd be nice if chances for flinch became less with each difficulty.

But meh. If this was brought forward as feedback, you couldn't be too specific unless you'd be able to write japanese yourself. I think generally the game needs some AI upgrade. Normal is fine I guess, but I wouldn't mind normal to become less of a snooze fest either.
    Last edited by Agitated_AT; Feb 11, 2013 at 09:08 PM.

I had a thought, based on Agitated_AT's post.

Perhaps they could make it so that there's a "flinch threshold", which varies between enemies and scales with difficulty. If a player does a certain amount of damage in one strike, then the enemy will flinch. This will make it so that enemies flinch often if they're too easy for you (if you're over-leveled) and uncommonly to rarely flinch if they're around level or hard for you (if you're under-leveled). Then just keep currently flinch-proof enemies (Gilnas, etc.) flinch-proof.

I don't know how hard it'd be to do that, but it looks like an interesting idea (on paper, at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Maronji View Post
    If a player does a certain amount of damage in one strike, then the enemy will flinch. This will make it so that enemies flinch often if they're too easy for you (if you're over-leveled) and uncommonly to rarely flinch if they're around level or hard for you (if you're under-leveled). Then just keep currently flinch-proof enemies (Gilnas, etc.) flinch-proof.
    Quite afew mobs on pso1&2 had this type of flinching, and it worked wonders and tbh, I am a lil surprised it isn't in the game
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

Ah, that's a great solution. PSO v2 (or was it only in GC?) had invuln frames after you took 25% damage in one strike.

I'd like to see that return, and enemies only flinch if they take 25%+ damage from a strike.

Face it: The playing field was never meant to be even. This is why enemies keep respawning, and in so many large groups. It's not about 1v1, it's about 4v16 and 4v1. It was never meant to be even. Even if everything was exactly even, players can use levels of advanced teamwork and coordination that computers will never have (or when they CAN do that, games will not be our biggest problem).

edit: Actually, what the hell am I saying. This is a bandaid fix. I'd rather see some other changes implemented and go from there.