View Poll Results: Will you be running the Advance Quests?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

99 90.83%
  • No

10 9.17%
Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast

Default PSO2 Advance Quests - Match-ups, Tips and Tricks

ADVANCE QUESTS
    Information about the Advance Quests can be found on Bumped.

With the Advance Quest patch hitting in a few hours, I figured I'll make a thread where we can share information, tips and trick of the Advance Quests with eachother (pretty much like the "Experience of being Abducted" thread).
    I will fill this first page with useful hints on the different Advance Quests when more information hits the net. In the meantime, feel free to stick around this thread for speculations, rants and hopes.

Here's a few things to discuss:
    • Will the AQ cost affect this games economy?
    • Will the new items bring up the Grinder prices?
    • Is using Rare Drop boost tickets during AQs a good idea?
    • Sakai's shoe size

Since these quests will costs about ~500k to run per person, finding 3 other party members willing to pay this cost won't always be an easy task. Therefore, I figured people could post a little information in here whenever they're in dire need of a party to play Advanced Quests with.

Tips & Tricks
    • You activate Advance Quests by being LV45+ and going to the quest gate (Koffee will speak to you).
    • Koffee gives you 10 free capsules for each quest type (Forest/Cave/Desert) when you clear her Client Order, so the first tour is free.
    • The capsules themselves cost:
      50k for Forest
      60k for Caves
      70k for Dessert
    • Advance Quests can be played Solo
    • They have a time limit of 60:00
    • To be able to increase the Advance Risk, Koffee's CO's for each area must first be completed.
    • The Capsules are a fairly common drop in the AQs
    • The "Red Series" weapons drop in AQs
    • There's a chance weapons/units drop with a LV 3 ability (Power III, etc). Make sure you check your equipment before NPC-selling it.
    • Maps are always randomized
    • Bosses (A3) are always random
    • Clones can spawn, since these are Single Party areas (no idea of Paralell worlds yet)
    • LV15 PA's drop in AQs
    • Risk Levels increase whenever a map is cleared.
      [B]
    • For every LV3 Risk (3,6,9, etc), enemy level is increased by 1, until LV60 (risk 12).
    • The Risk Level of the quest all depends on the leader. Even if you've never played any AQs, you can still join another player who's at (for example) Risk LV+6.
    • High risk level increases the rate of infected enemies.
    • Higher risk levels increase enemy speed (like how enemies were faster in Ultimate, back on PSO)

Spoiler!

Best luck to all of us, stay sharp.
    Last edited by Meji; Feb 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM.

Meji | Ship 02 | LV75 Bouncer/Hunter | Proud leader of Celestial

As much as I want to do these I won't be doing them for a long time. Not until I have both my characters with their main class and sub classes at level 55. That and I'm dirt broke right now

Sakai's foot is definitely a 7.

Well, there is apparently going to be a CO that covers our first AQ, so most people will at least attempt to do it once. I am hesitant to try it right off the bat, but the new weapons that need spellstones are just too tempting.

I probably won't get a chance to play w/ any friends either way, since they'll all most likely be doing AQs whilst I'm a work everyday. But, if they can be soloed, then yes, I will.

Adv. Quests the only thing left really holding a firm attention of this game for me. If it's even half as good as Darker's Den I'll be running as much as possible (MGR coming out next week so my attention is already split). Else I'm back to mainly afk'ing and just helping friends with whatever they need or just not booting up the launcher at all.
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

I don't think Advanced Quests are actually going to see much change in the market. At the very least, they'll make prices of fodders, grinders and affix boosts go up due to a large new drop table (eg: what happened when VH was released).

There are people with a lot of meseta out there, because it's not hard to obtain it, unless you insist on staying a free player.

As for the CO to help with the payment of your first AQ, I think it will work like this:

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    I don't think Advanced Quests are actually going to see much change in the market. At the very least, they'll make prices of fodders, grinders and affix boosts go up due to a large new drop table (eg: what happened when VH was released).

There are people with a lot of meseta out there, because it's not hard to obtain it, unless you insist on staying a free player.

As for the CO to help with the payment of your first AQ, I think it will work like this:

Spoiler!
    From what I've read, the capsules are a rather common drop. Ricardo's blog says on this matter that Sakai (or whatever entity you wish to use here) stated this. So who knows? It may be a lot easier than you think.

And a little advice: pessimistic speculation never helped anyone. If you really feel that this game isn't offering you the time you want, then quit. It's that easy.

.... Or you can continue to cling to a game you hate, like some desperate, needy, Nexon-y fanboy who simply cannot leave because there is no other game to satisfy you.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

someone pay my forest entry fee

I'll probably do this. Though, after the gacha I might be running a bit too low.

But will have to say this, it better be worth the money to actually be a meseta sink.

sig by me, PM if you want to request one.
    Ship 2/Ship 4:
    Sakia HU FI newearl | アモリ RAmarl | Hasumi FO RA caseal | ぴょましFOnewearl | 白井 BR HU Duman | リーヨウ RA GU caseal| Rena SU FI| マテオ HU/NK