View Poll Results: Will you be running the Advance Quests?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

99 90.83%
  • No

10 9.17%
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    Ran 4 runs so far (1 forest 2 caves 1 desert) and managed to get a few nice rares. These quests are awesome, I need to spam caves alot for a 10* that is new now that I want.

Also not sure if this is handy to add but I can confirm Rappy drop Red Talis and Digg drop Red Double Saber. I have 2 more that I have a clue but not 100% sure on so won't claim that~
    Fairly certain that any enemy can drop any red weapon since they're essentially the new 6*

Could be mistaken though.

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    Fairly certain that any enemy can drop any red weapon since they're essentially the new 6*

Could be mistaken though.
    There was a lucky rise red dagger in the shops with rappy soul.

So yeah.

That kind of confirms that.

That's what I thought, thanks.

I just got a Red Sword off a Ga Wonda and a Spardan A. I was sad because I thought the box from the Spardan A would be a Lambda Artisan.

Because it came up: Red weapons do have consistent damage, they are not like 6*s in that respect.

So is there no real gain for soloing these without a player shop?

What's huntable other than stones and red weapons?

So, what differentiates Advance Quests from everything else:

1. Nothing respawns, but what DOES spawn tends to spawn in much larger and far more persistent groups. You can actually end up spending 5 minutes in the same block just constantly downing swarms of enemies. I like that.

2. Of course, everything is higher level. This means more HP and more damage output, so you have to be more careful about getting hit AND you have to stay focused for a longer duration, which keeps things more interesting than in standard quests (and certainly more than in TAs, at least IMO).

3. DROPS OMG. It's so weird to actually get at least one 7*+ rare per run. Of course, these rares are probably going to be worthless because of the frequency of the drops, but it remains a nice change of pace from not seeing anything after dozens of hours of MPA farming.

4. You need capsules, and you're incentivized to clear EVERYTHING to maximize the number of capsules you attain (alongside all the other drops, naturally). If you clear everything you're guaranteed at least 10 capsules and will probably rack up a surplus over time (this is where letting the leader pay for other party members comes into play). The capsule system itself means you're likely to do a round-robin on the missions, going from forest -> caves -> desert and back again, which again is a nice change of pace from running the same area over and over again.

5. The bosses have an extra element of challenge in the form of the unusual adds. The Vol Dragon has dinians accompanying him (the ones with the shields), whereas the Tranmizers get Signo Guns, which are a far cry from the diggs and the... nothing, in the case of the mizers. I don't know what the banther gets because I always run without adds (seriously, those fuckers are hard enough on their own as it is).

6. At least one PSE Burst is all but guaranteed in each run.

7. They're LONG. Unless your party is unusually strong, these will take you at least 40 minutes each to completely wipe the map clean, and gets longer when your advance risk gets higher, and higher, and higher. Definitely not for quick play sessions, and certainly not for players who don't at least have a ground up lambda rare on hand. I'll be honest - fatigue was setting in by the third run. It just requires enough concentration that I don't think I could handle running more than a handful per day.

All in all, I think they're a positive addition to the game. They're pretty consistently engaging and provide enough carrots to keep on pushing through to the end. They're not going to retain their appeal forever (obviously), but then, I don't ever expect anything to. I just want more options, and this is one of the better ones so far.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    So is there no real gain for soloing these without a player shop?
    What's huntable other than stones and red weapons?
    Well, can always check the quest log, or here i guess

Forest:

Holy ray, rifle, 650 r-atk to equip, starts at 478 r-atk. 10*
    Guilty light, launcher, 620 r-atk to equip, starts at 495 r-atk, 10*
    Vajya, partisan, 600 s-atk to equip, starts at 401 s-atk, 10*
    Rogbelt knuckles, 600 s-atk to equip, starts at 472 s-atk, 10*
    Banther oran daggers, 630 s-atk to equip, starts at 339 s-atk, 10*

Caves:

Diggnutts piller, partisan, 610 s-atk to equip, starts at 409 s-atk, 10*
    Golden colouration of dual gaze, 420 dex to equip, starts at 428 t-atk, 10*
    Partisan of lightning, 650 s-atk to equip, starts at 375 s-atk, 10*
    Catadrall wired lance, 610 s-atk to equip, starts at 432 s-atk, 10*
    Burn drall sword, 620 s-atk to equip, starts at 583 s-atk, 10*

Desert:

Tons of stuff, too tired to even attempt a full list but. Yeah, there are things to hunt outside of stones/capsules/red weapons. I fear ima be spending countless hundreds of hours in here with many a rare boost ticket
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    I just got a Red Sword off a Ga Wonda and a Spardan A. I was sad because I thought the box from the Spardan A would be a Lambda Artisan.
    Just thought I'd let you know that they're going for around 300,000 meseta, Lamda Arisutins that is.