Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Okay, thanks. I added that into the extension and updated it. Also I added another link: https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEM...duct_name=sega to the pso2login.js context because people were giving me grief that it wasn't working.

But one thing that really bothers me is how does that code work? Don't you need to do string = string.relace("something", "with something");? I mean it's just a json object. So you put the message to be translated in as the key for the object, and it returns the subsequent value for it? That's some really impressive coding.
    Last edited by Kion; Mar 4, 2013 at 08:24 AM.

I really like the plugin extension so far!
    Would it be too much work to put in a quick link to Cirnopedia in it, though? I believe that's the wiki ENG-players use the most.

Meji | Ship 02 | LV75 Bouncer/Hunter | Proud leader of Celestial

Sure, I can add cirnopedia to the extension. Except an even number of links would be nice. pso2.jp? Or is there another resource that a lot of people use?

Does anyone have the icons for the emergency quests?

Awesome this will come in handy for many days to come thx for all your hard work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    But one thing that really bothers me is who does that code work?
    a database developer :3
    Klypto - Ship 02

is there a way to get this to track EQs on other ships? say for those of us not on ship 2?

I'm thinking something like this for the next version.

Need icons for each EQ. And if anyone is better with CSS that would be appreciated. Design isn't exactly my strong suit.

I didn't look much into the extension files for it, but are you actively or passively checking the twitter bot for EQ's through the extension? (as in the user must perform an action to trigger it to update or the extension automatically does it at a timed interval regardless of whats happening)

I was just wondering if you would be interested in adding the Chrome Desktop Notifications into the extension.

Example:
    http://www.210computing.com/google/c...fications.html

The interesting thing about Google's notifications is they appear outside of the browser. The code itself from looking at that example page isn't overly complicated, although I would recommend not sticky'ing the notifs like that example does (timeout).

The other thing I noticed when I ran through registration today is that there are some buttons / text not translated. If you need a way to target those because they don't have ID selectors, ect. I could try and get it to work.
    Klypto - Ship 02

Google allows cross-origin xmlHttpRequests for chrome extensions, so right now I'm usng a kind of brute force checking twitter every three minutes for a mention of ship 2 eq from the pso2_emg_bot and then parses the time from the content of the tweet for the time in JST:

[03/05] Ship02 にて 15:00~15:30 まで【緊急クエスト】(局所地域)が来るかも?
    And convert that into GMT, compares that to a Date() object to change the color of the extension icon. For the message in the popup I have it send an ajax request on the window.onload event to grab the last tweet and translate it. They increased the number of announcements for the EQ's. The thing is I don't actually play the game very often, so i'm not entirely sure which alert corresponds to what in english which is why occasionally the EQ type is missing or not translated in the popup window. Having the Japanese alert and and an appropriate message for it is definitely on my want list.

I thought of doing desktop notifications, but I figured a visual queue from the icon changing color was enough, and then you could click it to see which EQ was announced. An alternative would be to either remove the icon or remove the twitter information from the popup window in the toolbar and just have a desktop icon with EQ announcements. But it's not exactly like everyone is able to play the game at any given time, so I figured keeping the icon over notifications would be less obtrusive.

Also I figured that checking every 3 minutes for an EQ in the background isn't very resource intensive, but would it be better to have it check the current minute and then setTimeout depending on the status of the EQ?