Page 1 of 44 123411 ... LastLast

Exclamation Petition to SEGA for PSO2 West update

UPDATE 1/7/2015 https://www.change.org/p/regarding-p...ease/u/9227226

Despite the vote to end this petition a couple years ago, there has been a rising concern to re-open this petition. So as of right now, this petition has been re-opened to continue to ask SEGA for an update. For those who have signed already, which is mostly why you're seeing this message, please consider re-sharing this petition.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    It is unfortunate that I am writing you today. The vote passed 25-14 to discontinue this petition, and therefore will be closed.

I leave you with this message:

First of all, you all have shown great interest to keep at SEGA Of America to get them to talk more about PSO2 West... which is the main thing they are lacking... Communication! I took time out of my busy schedule everyday to message people and spread the info around, getting people to talk about this game more, asking people such as Edward@SEGA to give the fans more info... and what it has come down to... is this... SEGA Of America are at the mercy of SEGA Of Japan, and are not allowed to say or do anything PSO2 related unless they say so. That, and it was obvious that they couldn't keep the "early 2013" schedule.

So, you say that this petition won't help anymore, or it has already served it's purpose... Ok, I'll give you that. However, it doesn't stop here. Since you decided to stop this petition, then I ask that you find other ways of getting SEGA's attention, and continue to spread awareness of PSO2 West, so that there will be more anticipation... because if there are enough fans on their social networks, and they see the numbers that are ready, that would give them reason to expedite the game even more.

I'm simply asking you, my fellow fans, to come up with an idea and act on it. If it is making a video, blogging, music creation/remixing phantasy star music, fanart, fanfiction, anything you can do to share PSO2 and the fact that it may or may not see release in the west to everyone... DO IT! And if you can't seem to think of anything to contribute, then simply find and share what is being done with others.

As of this message, we reached 725 signers. That is more than 4x the amount of signers from previous petitions for this game. I want to thank each and everyone of you for your willingness to let your voice be heard. The ball has always been in SEGA's court...

At this point, whenever they decide to tell us more info, they could either surprise us, or disappoint. I choose to continue to inform others about this game. Whether or not SEGA of America will come through, is yet to be. Once again, thank you for your help, and your patience with me as the addendum was being revised numerous times. If this title gets canceled in the west, then I can at least say I did something worth my time. If this title eventually comes, and is well delivered, then I will see my fellow Arks there.

Sincerely,
    pso2love
    aka
    DJ Ecliptik

Edward@SEGA, if you are reading this, we are not upset with you. You're doing a great job with what you have been given, we understand this completely now.

Just wanted to say thank you to those who have already signed. The next few weeks are somewhat crucial. We need this petition shared far and wide!

Re-tweet this please. Thanks! :3
    http://twitter.com/PsowKion/status/310977939535708160

http://www.change.org/petitions/mike...on-and-release

UPDATED: Now live! click on the link above.

There is an option, rather a few options on the petition, that whenever someone signs it, it will email the person/s that the petition is addressed to. Right now, I only have "[email protected]" for SoA/SoE. I need to find out the email address for SoJ as well as who to address it to over there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My thanks goes out to Anduril & FaithY for the edit and cleanup, as well as Kion for the Japanese translation. I'm posting it here so that people wouldn't have to navigate through pages to look at it.

July 9th, 2012: Just five days after the official release in Japan, the official announcement for Phantasy Star Online 2's NA/EU (West) version was made. The official press release stated a release date of "2013" with some sites, including PSO-world.com, one of the largest English Phantasy Star fan communities, reporting "Early 2013". Following this, SEGA of America created a "Teaser" site (www.pso2.com), and a partially translated demo was presented at PAX 2012. Since then, there has not been any updates regarding a release.

It is now two months into the year 2013, and fans are still awaiting some news about the western release of PSO2. Many fans are excited for the western release, however, the silence from SEGA has raised concerns with the fans.

Many questions which fans have remain unanswered:
    Will the game feature dubbed voice work? How complete is the text translation? Will the mobile phone and Sony Playstation Vita versions also see release? Will there be a gap between content the western version has upon release and what is currently implemented in the Japanese version?

The fans understand that it requires time, money, and resources to create a localized product that both developers and players will be satisfied with. We want to see Phantasy Star Online 2 succeed in the west. We ask that you would be so kind as to give us an update of the current progress.

2012年7月9日、ファンタジースターオンライン2が日本に開催されてから5日間後にファンタジース ター オンライン2の英語版が2013年の頭にでる発表されました。それからはpso2.jpが立ち上がれ、PA X2012年に簡単なデモが見せられた以上は日本外のリリースの情報はいっさい出てません。

2013年になってからもう3ヶ月が経ち、ファンはまだ進行報告を待ってます。皆は出るんだと信じたい です が、セガからの情報がなくてファンが不安を感じるようになってきました。

まだ知らないことが多く、ダビングの言語の選択は可能?翻訳はどこまで進んでる?モバイル版とPS・Vit a版も開催されますか?コンテンツは日本と比べて遅くくるんですか?

ファンのほうではゲームの開発は開発者とプレイヤーが満足できるようなゲームをローカライズを するにはかな り時間と金が必要だとわかります。こっちこそファンタジースターオンライン2をアメリカとヨー ロッパで成功 させたいのです。ゲームの進行はどこまで進んでるかわかるように、せめて状況を知らせて欲しい です。
    Last edited by pso2love; Jan 7, 2015 at 08:27 PM.

Just wondering why do you even think that this would be read? They owe you nothing. Not trying to be rude, but seriously if they wanted to provide information they would. Additionally if they spend time responding to this then less time is being put on getting the Western release. They provide a product/service customers buy in if they want or walk away if they don't. I'm betting that there won't even be a western release at this point. But then again who knows.....only SEGA.

Back to the question at hand. Perhaps you could just use google translate?
    Best of luck with this and hopefully you will get a response but I for one would not hold my breath waiting.
    FIGHT ON!

spAwn

Profile pic courtesy of Scarlet_Starlet, check it out!

As I understand it, SoA have basically come out and said they want to give us updates, but it's the Japanese Sega that's ignoring the fans. Unfortunately, if you want the petition to carry any weight, you might want to get it translated into Japanese.

Either way, what the hell, I'd sign it.
    I wrote an AC purchasing guide for JP PSO2 a long time ago. I don't play PSO2 anymore, but I still play Blue Burst sometimes. Maybe I'll catch you on there!

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

No, no, no , no , NO! As much as I would love to get news and info myseld we can't as Mister Edward kindly told us in the past his superiors gave them strict orders to not say a word of til they are permitted and even he himself knows nothing :< Just sit and wait or play on JP til then.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaDoctorJim View Post
    As I understand it, SoA have basically come out and said they want to give us updates, but it's the Japanese Sega that's ignoring the fans. Unfortunately, if you want the petition to carry any weight, you might want to get it translated into Japanese.

Either way, what the hell, I'd sign it.
    I wonder why everyone always blames SoJ for everything? more likely it's SoA not getting stuff done. Every PSO/PSU game was already dead when it came out in US/EU/whereverthefuckisnotsupportedbysegaofjapan. I wonder why still so many people want to start playing on servers that gonna be shut down most likely 3-4 years after they are opened. Have fun, people :P

Also, I don't think SEGA will give a **** about such a thing. They owe the people nothing. So I wonder why they even should care.

Well now I'm prepared to getting Post-raped because I'm talking bad about the fabolous SoA. *grabs popcorn*

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

First off, address this petition to both Sega of America AND Japan. If you put together a very well written petition even address it to Sakai himself.

Do not fall back on insults, be respectful but stern in the way you word it.

Do not bring up past statements by Sega. If this gets enough attention for them to answer they can easily latch on to that part of the petition, talk circles around what they said and completely ignore the heart of the matter.(You can bring up the game is suppose to be out these year and we don't have what quarter it will be in.)

Don't make any demands. It's easy to do so in these kinds of petitions to fall into sentences including the words "Deserve" "Owe" etc. Don't use such terminology. Nothing makes a petition sound more petty and childish then using words like that.

Lastly to do with this topic alone, is don't get over defensive. You are going to get nay-sayers and pessimist, fighting with them will turn off others. If you find yourself repeating what you've already said, then most of the time it's just better to just stop. And concentrate on rallying the support you do have to get more signatures.
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    I wonder why everyone always blames SoJ for everything?
    never i thought i'd read something like this
    never ever
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    I wonder why everyone always blames SoJ for everything? more likely it's SoA not getting stuff done. Every PSO/PSU game was already dead when it came out in US/EU/whereverthefuckisnotsupportedbysegaofjapan. I wonder why still so many people want to start playing on servers that gonna be shut down most likely 3-4 years after they are opened. Have fun, people :P

Also, I don't think SEGA will give a **** about such a thing. They owe the people nothing. So I wonder why they even should care.

Well now I'm prepared to getting Post-raped because I'm talking bad about the fabolous SoA. *grabs popcorn*
    Huh? What forum you been posting in? Everyone here always is calling SoA hacks and incompetent.
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1

This is the dumbest petition. They'll fill y'all in when they have something worth telling. It's probably not their biggest priority right now so just give it time. If nothing is shown for it by the end of E3 then y'all should start this

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    never i thought i'd read something like this
    never ever
    You read that because I don't like SoA anymore. When I started playing on JP PSU after SoA was so kind to kill the US/EU Servers, I realized how much better things on JP go. It's just sad, that there is so much difference between the servers supported by SoA and SoJ.
    I never will go back on any SoA game. Not wasting my money in a pointless game that will be shut down in no time.

@ Laxedrane:

I was getting nagged by so much people already for saying the SoA is complete... well I won't say the word. So I just prepare to be in the middle of a war o:

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more