Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re-reading the first two posts... Yeah, until we can figure out what the problem is (or Sega manages to patch it before next maintenance), you're pretty much boned.

I have some extra AC that I might use to make another character at some point that I could use to test, but I'm not entirely sure if my situation permits (IRL issues; don't wanna get into it) at the moment.

One of the issues here is that (from what little i know of this topic) you can only have one character, so it sort of dissuades the masses that would have the largest impact on SEGA from having this issue in the first place. Which is great and all, unless you want to start a character like me.

Edit: That would be much obliged UnLucky [post below v]
    Last edited by Altier; Feb 21, 2013 at 10:26 PM.

I just created a new character with a friend on Monday. We got to about lv10 before signing off. I'll go see if the game craps out on me if I make another.

Edit: Made a totally fresh account, new character, the whole works.

Did you get far enough to see this?

Cause I got into the lobby, started the first quest: Subdue Za Oodan, successfully hopped into the world and leveled up.

If it makes a difference, I chose the bottom option when given a choice, which disables the tutorial prompts, and skipped through all the cutscenes with ESC (and choosing yes).
    Last edited by UnLucky; Feb 21, 2013 at 10:37 PM.

Eh... just us then. Thanks for the help UnLucky. I've been re-downloading the patches for the past 5 hours. I hope it helps. If not im gonna have to get someone to email them to me...
    Thanks again.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    If it makes a difference, I chose the bottom option when given a choice, which disables the tutorial prompts, and skipped through all the cutscenes with ESC (and choosing yes).
    I havent tried that yet. I'll have to go through and do that.
    Last edited by Altier; Feb 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM.

Cool I'm on my own now...

So im at the first cut scene of chapter 0 right after the tutorial. The issue here isnt something that can be skipped. Its in the loading phase that its getting stuck. Im seeing scares signs that there is some interaction between my computer and where ever it gets the cut scene information (im seeing the little arrows: v and ^ : poping up from time to time). The rate that this is happening though doesn't show any signs of actually loading the cut scene.
    So basicly, i'm just on my own dealing with this problem now.
    Edit: I'll post whatever i can find out of any relevance.
    Last edited by Altier; Feb 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM.

Just to be sure, since I don't think I saw this asked or addressed, are you using any of the English patches?

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    If you let it sit at the black screen, does the game crash or loop forever or give you an error in japanese? Also, try deleting your character and remaking them on another ship. I just made a new Sega ID, so I'll see if it happens to me as well.

Hang in there, we'll find a solution
    You're one heck of a tech support AIDA.
    I'll give it a shot.

The Black screen seems to be in a loop. I let it sit for about 45min and, while the arrows (v and ^) were popping up from time to time, they didnt seem to be going at any rate that would indicate they were being of any help. (ex. trading the needed amounts of information to actually load anything.)

Edit: I reorganized the list of things that have been checked off. Also, I have alot to do today so I may not be posting as quickly as I would normally be doing. I'll get all my progress submited by the end of the day though.

Edit:
    Also, try deleting your character and remaking them on another ship.
    I made a progress report for this in the "Discription of error" Spoiler Box [#5]
    (FYI: Inside the first Spoiler box on the first page of this thread)
    Last edited by Altier; Feb 22, 2013 at 01:31 PM.

It seems like it might simply be a problem rendering the game. Try the following steps:

1) Update DirectX

2) Update your drivers

3) Reduce your graphics settings

4) Avoid permission issues

Let me know if those work.
    My only hope here is updating my drivers before I do my current last two resort steps.
    Last edited by Altier; Feb 22, 2013 at 06:57 PM.

AMD/ATI's driver checker couldn't find anything either: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...to_detect.aspx
    Nvidia's driver checker couldn't find a GPU: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us

And im doing the Windows one right now.
    Edit: it wasn't very helpful, but if i can just delete the errors it pointed out to me I should be fine, right?
    I'm on a strict $0 budget for this game, so I can't go and buy anything just to play it. The Microsoft site is asking me to pay for the stuff it recommends.

I'll make another SEGA ID while I wait for a reply.
    Last edited by Altier; Feb 22, 2013 at 07:15 PM.

Delete the errors it pointed out to you? What pointed out errors to you? And you shouldn't have to pay for anything. Can you elaborate?
    When you metioned "Windows Update" there was a link on it, so i clicked it. It brought me to a page: http://www.informationgetter.com/res...windows+update, but the link disapeared... o_o

Edit: and uhh... it doesn't say you edited your submission either.... oh no.

Edit2: I've never had to do windows update before, so if there wasnt a link i would have looked up how to do it. Naturally though, because there was one, i clicked it... Random links shouldn't be occuring on this site i'd assume. Now i have some random downloader junk on my computer... that'll be fun to find.

Edit3: Aside from all the excitement, i'm missing all the updates for the 15th of this month for whatever reason, important and not alike, and a few here and there across the rest of my history.

Edit4: All updates installed.
    Last edited by Altier; Feb 22, 2013 at 09:43 PM.