Default There's something I miss in this game

I mean, it's something coming from PSU, actually.

Facial expressions. Characterization. Maybe I'm missing something, but EVERYONE in PSO2 is expressionless, and just soulless. With PSU, the dancing animation had your character making an over happy smile. There were happy, sad, angry facial expressions. PSO2 seems to have something similar to that built in, but I don't see much change in expression; the mouth moves, and that's it. /ci7 is still really emotionless. Maybe I'm just not seeing it either... I dunno. Lisa smiles, but it looks like she wants to stab me in the back when I'm not looking.

Sure, I like just playing the game just to have fun killing things in whatever way possible. I just don't feel all that much connection with my own character like I did with PSU.

Well, /ci7 is the expressionless cut-in.
    For different expressions it's between /ci2 and /ci6, but I guess it depends on the character face, maybe in some characters the difference between each is small.

Well, here's a bunch of random shots from one of my characters while making use of the cut-ins:

Spoiler!
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

I miss the expressions whilst attacking and being attacked. In PSU, your character would make an 'angry' face when swinging their weapons, and a surprised/shocked face while being status-effected (like burned, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I miss the expressions whilst attacking and being attacked. In PSU, your character would make an 'angry' face when swinging their weapons, and a surprised/shocked face while being status-effected (like burned, etc.).
    Yeah, I miss those too...
    Well, PSU didn't have those too at first, they were added in the expansion, it's possible that they could add that in PSO2 eventually.
    If the expressions while attacking and such were to return, I would like if it was possible to choose which expression the character does for each action though (for example, choosing between a laughing, angry or leaving it in the default expressionless face for when attacking).
    Hmm, maybe it's something that could be suggested if/when SEGA makes a new player survey (if someone would be willing to translate suggestions)?
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post

Well, /ci7 is the expressionless cut-in.
    For different expressions it's between /ci2 and /ci6, but I guess it depends on the character face, maybe in some characters the difference between each is small.
    I remember testing this in the character creator, and it does seem that some faces map expressions better than others. Wasn't really able to figure out which or why though.

i remember i hated those PSU expressions... completely went against the stoicism of my narcissistic Mary+^_^+ glad they're gone+^_^+

I want the ability to put sound effects and your characters random grunts into your messages. That made saying "Congratulations!!" more fun for me with the level up sound.

Nope, PSO2 had to downgrade that and the fashion customization.
    UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT! D<

PSO2 downgraded in a couple ways sadly :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Hmm, maybe it's something that could be suggested if/when SEGA makes a new player survey (if someone would be willing to translate suggestions)?
    I would try suggesting something if it ever comes up. Though, I'm not great with Japanese either. :/