Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    The english patch doesn't modify the client, it modifes some of the language files saved in the data folder.

This is very different from a hack that bypasses security meant to disable it, and modify values that aren't supposed to be.

Also, if I recall correctly, Sakai is aware of the english patch, and has no issues with people using it.
    As the Hrith points out, it does modify the client.

SEGA encrypted their files, which is a security measure meant to block things like this since it modifies things in the client that aren't supposed to be modified.

Sakai is aware of it, and obviously do not like it since they have even tried to change the encryption a couple of times.

What you probably have heard about was when he said that he was suprised how fast the game was translated. That comment was directed towards the translation project by PSO-World and Bumped.

Quote Originally Posted by SZiadaN View Post
    What you probably have heard about was when he said that he was suprised how fast the game was translated. That comment was directed towards the translation project by PSO-World and Bumped.
    Actually the comment was directed to both how fast his blog posts and the character creator demo were translated.
    - Was shocked at how quickly the Character Creation demo was completely translated into English through a mod.
    - His official blog entries are translated overnight too.
    http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...-foreign-fans/
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Actually the comment was directed to both how fast his blog posts and the character creator demo were translated.
    http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...-foreign-fans/
    Oh right, I forgot about the character creator being translated. You are indeed right that he mentioned that

Version 1.1 of PSO2 Chat Translator has been released!

Please check the first post to get the latest download links, and check out the new screenshots to see the additional features in action. The changelog is below.

Version 1.1 (March 5, 2013):
    • Added overlay mode with transparency support.
    • Added support for message transliteration (romanisation/romaji).
    • Added always-on-top option.
    • Added font family, size and style options.
    • Added update checker.
    • Public chat colour is now used for all chat channels when “Display messages in colour” is unchecked.

To adjust the level of transparency in overlay mode, use the background slider on the "General" tab of the options dialog. This will only change the transparency of the background of the tool, not the text that it shows. To change the transparency of the text, go to the "Display" tab of the options dialog and set the colours for each chat channel - if you click Advanced on the colour picker that opens up, you can control the transparency using the slider labelled "A" (alpha channel).

Please note that overlay mode can only produce an overlay on top of the game when it's running in a window, which rules out an overlay for fullscreen mode. However, you have the option of running PSO2 in virtual fullscreen mode, which produces the same results as fullscreen but is actually a full-size borderless window - meaning overlay mode will work with it! To enable virtual fullscreen mode, follow these steps:

1. Open your Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder.
    2. Open the user.pso2 file in a text editor such as Notepad.
    3. Find the Windows section that looks something like this:
      "Windows = {
      FullScreen = false,
      Height3d = 480,
      Height = 720,
      VirtualFullScreen = true,
      Width3d = 640,
      Width = 1280,
      },"
    4. Make sure FullScreen is false and VirtualFullScreen is true. You can leave the rest alone.
    5. Save and close the file and open up the game!

I hope to get text-to-speech and English to Japanese translation into the next release, as well as the possibility to use a different language than English for translations. As this version includes an update checker, assuming you enable it in the options dialog you will be notified when the next version is released.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleCannon View Post
    How do you get chat logging enabled!? Im stuck at this part

nvm! working! new problem how can i have chat and game in same window!? windows 7 here. I want the chat translator beside chat but if i click on game it just goes into background
    You can now have the translator on top of the game, either using the "Display the window always on top of other windows" option or by using the new overlay mode.

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    I have it on top using a window manipulation tool, hack it. GG won't care about something like that.

Keep up the awesome work, Tanerinn!
    Thanks! As above, you can now do this without any other tools.

Quote Originally Posted by musicmf View Post
    Would it be possible to get it to show the text as Romaji?
    I see that on google translate, I can put "お疲れ様でしたー!" and click on the "Show Phonetically" button, and below the box it'll display "Otsukaresamadeshita ̄ !"
    Is it possible to make a field on there where you can type something in english, and have google translate return to you their Japanese translation?
    Otherwise, I came to say good job with this, I can definitely see this as being handy.
    Thanks! Romaji can now be shown rather than the English translation using the "Translation" tab in the options dialog. As mentioned earlier I plan on adding English to Japanese translation in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by SZiadaN View Post
    Thought I would let you guys know that I've created something similar to this as well.
    It's nice to see an alternative and it's always good for users to have a choice! Good luck with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Syklo View Post
    I don't really need this kind of software, but great effort!
    Thank you!

As always, if you have any suggestions or need any help let me know!

Cheers,
    Tanerinn.
    Last edited by Tanerinn; Mar 5, 2013 at 05:07 PM.

Just wanted to say, love the romaji and overlay update.

Would it be possible to display both the translations and romaji? At the moment I am forced to open two instances of the chat translator, manually change the translation settings every time I open it, and overlay only seems to work for one window.

Please keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Watanuki01; Apr 30, 2013 at 06:24 AM.

This has been around since February? Wow. I've been behind lol.

@OP, would this by chance be open source app? ^.^

I would love to take a look at the code for educational purposes, perhaps even help out? Would def be something nice to add to a resume!

AKA SilverCross/Pikachu Quatre52's Avatar

I seem to have a lot of stability issues with this, seems like any time i touch the settings it crashes..

Quote Originally Posted by Watanuki01 View Post
    Just wanted to say, love the romaji and overlay update.

Would it be possible to display both the translations and romaji? At the moment I am forced to open two instances of the chat translator, manually change the translation settings every time I open it, and overlay only seems to work for one window.

Please keep up the good work!
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see if I can add this for the next release!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal255 View Post
    This has been around since February? Wow. I've been behind lol.

@OP, would this by chance be open source app? ^.^

I would love to take a look at the code for educational purposes, perhaps even help out? Would def be something nice to add to a resume!
    PSO2 Chat Translator isn't currently open source, but I may reconsider - if I do I'll be sure to update the thread with a link to the source.

Quote Originally Posted by Quatre52 View Post
    I seem to have a lot of stability issues with this, seems like any time i touch the settings it crashes..
    I'm sorry to hear you've been having problems with it. I'm aware of a few bugs relating to the settings which have been fixed in the development version, and I hope to have it released soon!

How am I just finding out about this now? This is gonna come in very handy!

Version 1.2 of PSO2 Chat Translator has been released!

Please check the first post to get the latest download links. The changelog is below.

Version 1.2 (May 3, 2013):
    • URLs in chat are now converted into clickable hyperlinks.
    • Added ability to change the translation language to something other than English.
    • Added a user-translation window to let the user translate a message from their own language, into Japanese, and then see a translation of the Japanese back into their own language to verify it.
    • Added an option to show/hide chat commands, such as “/la dance5”.
    • Added an option to remove the letter “w” from Japanese messages, prior to translation. This can improve the accuracy of the translation.
    • Added an option to put chat messages on the next line, beneath the name.
    • It’s now possible to show chat messages as both the translation and the transliteration (romaji/romanisation).
    • Changed the overlay chat border to a more PSO2-like version, created by Gama at PSO-World.com. Thanks!
    • Miscellaneous bug fixes.

The user-translation window can be toggled either using the button on the main window, or through a configurable hotkey that you can set up in the options dialog. After typing a message in the user-translation window, the Japanese translation is automatically displayed, and then a translation back into your chosen language is shown underneath for verification. The Japanese translation is placed into your clipboard automatically, so you can paste it into the game without hassle. To close the user-translation window, you can either press the configured hotkey or just use the Escape key.

Your suggestions and feedback are welcome!

Cheers,
    Tanerinn.

Quote Originally Posted by lexstarshok View Post
    How am I just finding out about this now? This is gonna come in very handy!
    I hope you'll find it useful!