Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KazukiQZ View Post
    ^Try this 1st:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...&postcount=100

Instead of 1.3.0, try deleting the 1.3.1 folder.But make sure to make backup of it 1st.
    Thank you so much! It worked!! b

Default Google stinks

I have found myself very lost when trying to communicate with JP players. They say that Google excites everything. I have also found that Google does not translate very well. On many occasions I have had to pull up Bing's translator in order to understand anything. I would suggest adding an option to a preferred site's translation tool. Many who have used translation tools also suggest Babelfish over Bing or Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Kichinichi View Post
    I have found myself very lost when trying to communicate with JP players. They say that Google excites everything. I have also found that Google does not translate very well. On many occasions I have had to pull up Bing's translator in order to understand anything. I would suggest adding an option to a preferred site's translation tool. Many who have used translation tools also suggest Babelfish over Bing or Google.
    Well.. Honestly don't bother typing Japanese to them unless you really understand the language. The occasional了解 when they tell you what to do is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kichinichi View Post
    To be honest, none of the machine translations will be good since the sentence structure is different between eastern and western language. You're just gonna have to guess what they're saying. Doesn't help that most Japanese players DON'T talk in formal/proper speech and mix in slangs here and there that machine translators wouldn't "get it".

Gonna bump this thread and mention that using the translation aggregator program can be REALLY useful with this as you can check multiple translations at once to get a better idea of what is said, as well as combine it with JParser and Mecab to look up the meanings of specific kanji. The latter in particular are very useful learning tools, provided you learn the grammar rules of Japanese some other way.

I actually noticed something earlier as I use this program for multiple purposes, like helping to keep up with fast moving conversations (using the overlay mode) since the standard chat window is fairly small and tends to fill up with non-chat related stuff like various system goings-on and not sure if this is where to point this out as I don't know if the Chat Translator's developer follows this thread but I found that while people using certain lobby actions shows up in the chat history, it doesn't seem to show when people use /la you or /cla you. Not sure if this is an oversight or it is intentional, but willing to bet it is the former.
    And with that, I'm off like a prom dress!

Is the link down? Is there anyone with the latest link to this?

Translator seems to be out again. It's showing up as untranslated
    Sig is 1,324.5 KB, reduce to 49kb.
    People have 50KB+ sig images, and mine gets cut. Legit

I too am having the untranslated messages again, this program is so helpful, I would love to have a fix if possible please.
    Lil Ms.Thunda Thighs "she likes pie"
    Ship 02 Proud Team Master of Night Arks!
    Looking for a team to have fun and do good runs? Apply to join us!
    http://nightarks.enjin.com/home
    Cheeto's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by cheeto View Post
    I too am having the untranslated messages again, this program is so helpful, I would love to have a fix if possible please.
    same, very helpful in CQ
    Ship 02. Player ID Name: Firesword
    My stream: https://gaming.youtube.com/c/Fireuniverse/live