Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

^That would be a nice addition, since I know some of the romanji too.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Version 1.3 of PSO2 Chat Translator has been released!

Please check the first post to get the latest download links. The changelog is below.

Version 1.3 (August 9, 2013):

• Colour chat macros such as {red} are now hidden from the chat window.
    • Improved the ability to remove the letter 'w' from Japanese messages before translating - it will now remove the uppercase letter W, as well as the full-width characters 'w' and 'W'.
    • The overlay chat border's opacity can now be changed separately to that of the chat background, using a slider. To disable the border in overlay mode, simply drag the slider to the far left (transparent) side.
    • It’s now possible to keep Japanese chat messages in Japanese. This may be of use to people who wish to use more advanced translation programs, but find they are unable to use their translation program with PSO2/GameGuard.
    • Added a new textbox to the user-translation window, showing the transliteration (romaji) of the Japanese translation.
    • Updated the list of known lobby actions to include many of the more recent ones.
    • Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Your suggestions and feedback are welcome!

Cheers,
    Tanerinn.

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    any chance for a real overlay like msi afterburner/fraps have?
    no idea why but the current one drops my framerate to 15 fps
    I haven't looked into this much but there is the possibility that it could be done. If you're using Windows Vista or Windows 7 with the Aero theme, you may find you get better performance if you disable desktop composition (the Aero theme) while running PSO2.

Quote Originally Posted by Galexer View Post
    Yo! I had an idea for the "translation" option. If possible after you type in the word you wish to translate would it be possible to add romanji under the japanese text and above the translation checker?
    Quote Originally Posted by KazukiQZ View Post
    ^That would be a nice addition, since I know some of the romanji too.
    I've added this to the new version, I hope it helps!
    Last edited by Tanerinn; Aug 9, 2013 at 02:40 PM.

Oh Awesome!

I had been using the latest version for a while now and its been really helpfull.
    I thought this might have been dropped but now you made my day! Downloading and Thank you!

Oh amazing i'v been searching for this one sometimes Kanji is the biggest problem, since i only know little for Kanji. thanks for this amazing translator chat!

Is the chat translator only usable on Virtual Fullscreen and Windowed mode only?
    BTW this tool clearly help me communicate with the Japanese players. Thank you for a wonderful PSO2 tool
    Last edited by KazukiQZ; Aug 14, 2013 at 03:16 AM.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Tanerinn lives! Excellent work Downloading the new version now, glad to have you back
    Quote Originally Posted by sekkai View Post
    Oh Awesome!

I had been using the latest version for a while now and its been really helpfull.
    I thought this might have been dropped but now you made my day! Downloading and Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzune View Post
    Oh amazing i'v been searching for this one sometimes Kanji is the biggest problem, since i only know little for Kanji. thanks for this amazing translator chat!
    Thanks for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by KazukiQZ View Post
    Is the chat translator only usable on Virtual Fullscreen and Windowed mode only?
    BTW this tool clearly help me communicate with the Japanese players. Thank you for a wonderful PSO2 tool
    While you can use the chat translator in regular fullscreen mode, you'll either need a second monitor to look at it on, or you'll have to Alt-Tab out of the game. The chat translator's overlay mode can only overlay on top of a virtual fullscreen window or regular windowed mode, for now at least.

Thanks for reply.
    Well, some people said that playing at normal Fullscreen give better speedup in gameplay (Yeah i know, my PC is low in spec)

I've just discovered this and I'm blown away at how great this is.

A minor suggestion of mine: Could you allow an option to swap the order of appearance for translated text/romaji? For me, it just feels more natural having the japanese text come first and then the translation.

[9:18 PM] [Party] CricketJam: [こんいちわ] Hello
    [9:18 PM] [Party] CricketJam: [Kon'nichiwa] Hello
    Just feels more natural!

Edit: Ok maybe I'm nitpicking too much but I also feel the translated text should be in brackets instead.
    [9:18 PM] [Party] CricketJam: こんいちわ [Hello]
    [9:18 PM] [Party] CricketJam: Kon'nichiwa [Hello]
    Last edited by CricketJam; Aug 15, 2013 at 09:28 PM.

Pretty bad ass nice job mate!

Sig by Gama

What gives? I click the link and it just installed open downloader manager onto my comp and changes up my net settings??? I'm I supposed to use this downloader to searrh for the file? Why not but torrent?