Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile "Beginner's" guide to a deeper approach..?

Hi everyone, Oxyde speaking here, a new member on these boards, aswell as a PSO lover!
    I will start by saying that this site is a gold mine for informations about this old, yet fantastic game.

I got back into PSO recently after retrieving the disc along with a memory card, unfortunately my older characters were gone ( Cheers lvl 134 HUnewearl... ). I went back and played for 15 hours already, levelling up to 24 using a FOnewearl.
    I'm at that point where I am going to fight Dark Falz and ready to roll up again in Hard Mode.

My question(s) so to speak is/are: Where should I start to look for Rare items within offline quests? Which secrets do these missions hold and what can I expact of finding these secrets?
    I know it might not be clear, but what I'm asking, which missions do have secret sub-quests and what to do there?

Couple more things, I know the official servers died ages ago, and it seems to be a hot topic here. My question is: Do some of you still (regularly) play online on private servers?

Any answer is appreciated!

It all depends on what you're looking for and what ID your character has.

As for me; yes I do play on one of the private servers. Currently I have a lvl 150 Purplenum Racast searching for a Spread Needle in Ult. Ruins.

Here are some links from this site to help you out.

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...viewtopsection

Play "Fake in Yellow" over and over until you get a rag rappy, they usually drop something half way decent on Hard and you will also likely find a "rappy wing" which can be turned into a good throwing slicer.

Another thing I recognize is that in Hard mode is your best chances to find Blue, Red, Yellow and Assist barriers which would be great for a Force.

Up until last week I spent a considerable amount of time running through mines in roughly 40 minutes, from Mines 1 to defeating Vol Opt who can be defeated super quickly. It's a really great experience boost and you can find some half way decent things in Hard mode.

Thanks for the quick reply guys!

@ Crazyleo : Thanks for the links! I have already seen the quest pages, but I will take a deep look at the item findings one, it does seem to hold a lot of informations!
    I will certainly get back to you privately about the private server you are on, I'm excited about playing online and I will definitely need a guide.

@ Garrett_TD23 : I appreciate your advice! Back when I had my previous character, Hard & V.Hard seemed to hold more treasures than any other difficulty level. As my new Force character is on a good way to become an effective class, which area would be more likely to offer Mind Materials, Technique Disks and rare weapons?

My current goal is to give my FOnewearl maxed MST stats, so far I only used 4 Mind Materials, and I'm mostly giving Trifluids to my mag. I know I missed the perfect max stats mag due to the items I feed him with. How efficient do you think this will be for the long run? I don't know how Forces will play at higher difficulty levels, and I am rather doubtful about survivability against Dark Falz, given the very little HP this class has.
    One more question, will using HP materials have an impact on the overall Materials limit?

Thanks for the help.

HP and TP mats each have their own counters (and are not a part of the other materials limit, ie. Mind, Pow, Luck, etc.) so feel free to eat as many as you can until you reach the limit

Maximum Materials Usage Limit
    Last edited by VioletSkye; Feb 28, 2013 at 11:20 AM.

HP and TP mats are separate from the other materials. Eat away!

You can never really hit max stats on a Fonewerl; but if you here (link), that will give you a good idea on how to develop your character.

As for HP mats: Those mats do not count towards your total with other stats as they are counted separately.

Thanks you three for the informations on Materials! One more question related to these items, it seems there are Mind and TP Materials. If I get this straight, The Mind Materials add +2TP and +2 MST whereas TP materials only add +2 TP, right?

One more question, do special mags have any custom attribute that regulars do not? I am trying to max out the MST level on my current mag, would a rare mag offer better results or is it just a matter of looks?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyde View Post
    Thanks you three for the informations on Materials! One more question related to these items, it seems there are Mind and TP Materials. If I get this straight, The Mind Materials add +2TP and +2 MST whereas TP materials only add +2 TP, right?

One more question, do special mags have any custom attribute that regulars do not? I am trying to max out the MST level on my current mag, would a rare mag offer better results or is it just a matter of looks?
    Basically it's about looks AND mag abilites. Of course; having a mag in yellow letters is kinda cool

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyleo View Post
    Basically it's about looks AND mag abilites. Of course; having a mag in yellow letters is kinda cool
    Okay could you enlight me then about the following:
    - My character is a FOnewearl with GREENNILL ID
    - My goal is to have the most MST possible for this character
    - I want my mag to offer the best support for MST attribute
    Which mag would do this best and what do I need to achieve it?

Sorry if I am asking a lot of things, but I am extremely curious, and I really want to know everything there is to know!