Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ANATAL View Post
    If the game is the same , the servers themselves and the company that publishes it the same , no explanation

I know that is what usually happens with MMOs , but usually because they are launched by foreign companies outside Japan

SEGA made the game , SEGA will publish the game , so is simply to save money ( or annoy , or all at once )
    Except Sega is split into Sega of Japan for the Japanese area, Sega of America for US area, Sega of Europe for Europe, and Sega of Korea for Korea, so it's not one company that's responsible.
    Sega of Japan is only responsible for the Japanese version of PSO2
    Sega of America is responsible for the US release, etc.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by ANATAL View Post
    If the game is the same , the servers themselves and the company that publishes it the same , no explanation

I know that is what usually happens with MMOs , but usually because they are launched by foreign companies outside Japan

SEGA made the game , SEGA will publish the game , so is simply to save money ( or annoy , or all at once )
    あなたがゲーマーじゃない。。。if the concept of separate region locked servers for a game is some kind of alien concept to you.

The only excuse anyone had to even ask the question before they absolutely confirmed that the servers would not be linked anyway, was that the first PSO was international. Pretty much a vast majority of all games being released in the age that PSO2 saw release have quite regularly been region locked and shared between a variety of publishers that are prepared to serve their according country efficiently (I say this loosely as some would disagree that SEGA does their work "efficiently").
    Last edited by Zipzo; Mar 5, 2013 at 09:11 PM.

Can I switch my english account to Japanese?

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mopop View Post
    Can I switch my english account to Japanese?
    This is not confirmed, however it may be possible that you could use a JP Sega account to sign up for the service. Again, this is not confirmed and no one knows for certain. This probably won't work, but it may(depending on how they set registration for the game service up).