Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    The guidebook supposedly listed Sara as the 4th, but I don't think I've seen the emblem on her. (Then again she doesn't appear often.)

Anyways.

Spoiler!
    She doesn't have the emblem on her. She has the ARKS star mark with "GO" over it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAstarion View Post
    This isn't too silly. Chrome looks a lot more like the PSU SEED rather than the insect, fish or stone-golem Darkers.

For what seemed like a long time, the insect-type Darkers wouldn't appear in golem-type Darker areas. It's not until you see dagans and breeders in the tundra in storymode that this is disproven (Volcave EQ, Amaduscia TA and ruins came a while after this).

As for Not-Kamina... I always thought he was just a large ham with an inflated self-opinion.
    I've had a suspicion that Falz is just creating new "species" of darkers as he goes, either by...
    1. Developing corrections to weaknesses in existing darkers as they die
    2. Regaining strength to develop additional types
    3. Regaining access to pre-existing resources as he regains strength, like maybe these are element-based creatures
    4. Or Falz has found entirely planets that we don't even know exist, and is corrupting creatures native to them.

Now, most of these options are pretty cliche. But, that said, I still find 4 and 3 intriguing if it means we get to find a planet inhabited by uncorrupted darkers (so long as they actually behave a bit differently...let's not go reskinning the entire darker line of enemies and calling them "new" for a new planet). For 3, some time ago someone pointed out that these may be element-based, when I realized that the infection polyp for boosted enemies is weak to fire/lightning/ice. Could ice-weak darkers be what we get next?

edit: Also, for most enemies it seems that they're a species. There are multiple ragnes like there are multiple dagans, and multiple rockbears, multiple banbans, etc. For anything unique we get an animation of them escaping (hunar, elder falz). But chrome just keeps showing up without despawning, and he actually dies. This is something that should be considered here. This had to have been intentional. Is he reincarnating? Are there copies? Do they all have that bandage on their horn, or...?
    Last edited by gigawuts; Mar 2, 2013 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Spoiler!

Also, I really hope it surfaces that the government has been experimenting on alien species and this dude is from some planet we didn't even know they'd been doing shit on.

I miss government conspiracies in PS.
    I have awakened from slumber to say that THIS! This right here is why EP2 was so awesome! and I'd love to see more of it in PSO2!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I'm quite partial to the "oh shit i was working for the REAL bad guys the whole time and they just made me kill off all their opposition?" stories that then have you go on a revenge warpath to make things right.
    Would like this turn of events.

Also man the way Chrome just eats those darkers with a clean heart and kind soul i realy start thinking he's on our side and because he hates darkers so much we are just in his way because he wants to get at Dark Falzie so he really doesn't give a fawk about anything except Falz!!

Spoiler!

I imagine the one the mysterious girl calls Hadred is a unique Chrome Dragon in the same way that the Vol Dragon we fought in story mode was unique and had his own name instead of just 'Vol Dragon' (unique voice too). The bandage doesn't seem to be on Chrome encounter screenshots I've seen recently. (this is coming from someone who hasn't seen it in person though)

Speaking of the infection on boosted enemies, I kind of considered those bulbs/flowers, code avoid's Gel Bulf, code rescue's Fungi, code destruction's Belze, web infections on machines(turrets, ring lasers) and those ghostly jelly-fish like things that you can't melee to be a sort of species/strain of their own.
    They seem kind of plant/fungus-like and are always either a stationary object/structure, an elusive ghostly thing or both. A new strain of darkers weak to ice does sound pretty likely though.

Y'know, SEGA needs to stick to current plot. Kuna's arc seems extremely, if not totally unrelated to the events that transpired after Elder broke out of Naberius.

In fact, Huey's little "Hey let's have a fight party" antics, which seem to be pulled out of nowhere, appear to have more relevance to the plot than Kuna's BS.

My personal opinion: When they said the Arks Tournament was a "side plot", they got them mixed up. Kuna's story is the TRUE Side Plot, whilst Arks Tournament is the beginning of Episode II - AKA the TRUE Chapter 10.

Not this "Waku waku I r gonna beat Hatsune Miku-tan and become #1 idol of japan desu ne" bullshit.

Call me angry and anti-Japanese if you want, but breaking a plot cohesion out of nowhere, and then smacking a credit roll in the most anti-climactic scenario is just.... sinful. It's wrong, it shames all story writers like myself, and SEGA should fire half the people who suggested this BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Y'know, SEGA needs to stick to current plot. Kuna's arc seems extremely, if not totally unrelated to the events that transpired after Elder broke out of Naberius.

In fact, Huey's little "Hey let's have a fight party" antics, which seem to be pulled out of nowhere, appear to have more relevance to the plot than Kuna's BS.

My personal opinion: When they said the Arks Tournament was a "side plot", they got them mixed up. Kuna's story is the TRUE Side Plot, whilst Arks Tournament is the beginning of Episode II - AKA the TRUE Chapter 10.

Not this "Waku waku I r gonna beat Hatsune Miku-tan and become #1 idol of japan desu ne" bullshit.

Call me angry and anti-Japanese if you want, but breaking a plot cohesion out of nowhere, and then smacking a credit roll in the most anti-climactic scenario is just.... sinful. It's wrong, it shames all story writers like myself, and SEGA should fire half the people who suggested this BS.
    You're absolutely right, Kuna plot just came out of nowhere.

I thought EP1 would end with us defeating [Elder], Zeno still missing, and maybe an appearance by one of the other Falz people.(You know...like the ARKS tourney!) Would've led into EP2 a lot better in my opinion.

This is just sloppy writing. You can't just throw in an unrelated story RIGHT AFTER THE EVENTS IN CH8. Just not right.

It's meant to occur after the cutscene in an elder falz fight.

The tournament is all because we beat the bad guy: Elder Falz. But, of course, we all know the bad guy is never beaten and everything is always going according to his plan etc.etc.

Anyway as far as I'm concerned PSO2 was in dire need of multiple side stories to expand on the game universe as well as investigate what we've already seen in it. The problem isn't the sidestory being too much, the problem is the sidestory isn't remotely enough.

kuroto also say something that arks have some secret photon bla bla experiment. may be chorme has something with this

and one thing about arwin has told us his big sister has missing after last 10 year DF battle and the DF girl whom talk to elder that she get this body for about 10 year

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    It's meant to occur after the cutscene in an elder falz fight.

The tournament is all because we beat the bad guy: Elder Falz. But, of course, we all know the bad guy is never beaten and everything is always going according to his plan etc.etc.

Anyway as far as I'm concerned PSO2 was in dire need of multiple side stories to expand on the game universe as well as investigate what we've already seen in it. The problem isn't the sidestory being too much, the problem is the sidestory isn't remotely enough.
    Or more like: the side story was both incorrectly placed and given the ending that would've best belong to Falz Elder.

The way I see it, this is how it should have gone:

C1-8 being what we had before Vita release, with Falz Elder's successful escape being the climactic event that sets the tone for C9.

C9 is a boss fight against Falz Elder, wherein you have access to the NPC Partner Card tray to access whatever members you have available to the fight (this of course is limited to only story NPC cards).

Assuming one completes all MBs 100%, then Kuna's side stories would unlock in an extra pair of MB pages.

C10 (or as I like to call it, Episode II Chapter 1) would take place right after Chapter 9, with Falz Apprentice making her grand entrance and setting the flow for Afin's transformation from whiny noob to competent badass.

Although, I'm not familiar with how Ash underwent his transformation, but I can assume it's similar to what Afin's experiencing (albeit with slight alterations).

I mean, the end plot for the Arks Tournament was just TOO PERFECT to not fit with the plot. But noooo, now suddenly SEGA has entered the war to destroy Japan's top idol, Hatsune Miku. God, somebody kill that woman.

.....Although, when you think about it, perhaps we should have seen this coming. After all, Hatsune Miku did get a PSO2 ref in HER game; I would think Vocaloid's creators would've wanted something similar in return. However, SEGA didn't have to go and do THIS!

DAMN YOU HATSUNE MIKU! I'VE HAD IT, I AM TELLING THE WORLD THAT YOU ARE BIEBER'S LITTLE SISTER! Hopefully after my revelation, the anti-Biebers and anti-Mikus will band together in a campaign to destroy them both. >_<

But yeah, this utterly unwanted and unnecessary break from plot has me fuming like:

.... Yeeeaaah. No thank you Sega.