Page 146 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4696136143144145146147148149156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1579

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    is there a less framerate killer setting than this, while still being just as clear and good?
    Spoiler!

also the block status bars look like they are artifacting or something
    Spoiler!

this is using the Extreme High Quality setting from the Nvaa Window zip file
    To keep my framerate high, I have honestly been using Nvidia Driver FXAA and forcing HBAO+. The driver FXAA is leagues beyond in-game AA. Nvidia has improved it a good bit over the years. It's still FXAA with FXAA problems, but it's a 0 fps hit solution that doesn't require fiddling with third party software.

Quote Originally Posted by Preposterous Rhino View Post
    To keep my framerate high, I have honestly been using Nvidia Driver FXAA and forcing HBAO+. The driver FXAA is leagues beyond in-game AA. Nvidia has improved it a good bit over the years. It's still FXAA with FXAA problems, but it's a 0 fps hit solution that doesn't require fiddling with third party software.
    i dont bother with HBAO but i dont know very much about FXAA, so how can i use that and with what settings?
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

i dont bother with HBAO but i dont know very much about FXAA, so how can i use that and with what settings?
    Well FXAA is a post-process anti-aliasing technique. It is far from something I would call good, but in recent years good implementations have avoided extensive blurring making it good enough in some cases. In the regular nvidia control panel there is an option to turn it on. http://puu.sh/mTpAI/99b47b9b5b.png. If the AA settings in this thread cause too many performance issues, that's what I'd recommend. Make sure you turn off in-game AA.

Make sure you turn off the AA stuff you tried with inspector too. You should still be forcing 16xAnisotropic Filtering though.

Well FXAA is a post-process anti-aliasing technique. It is far from something I would call good, but in recent years good implementations have avoided extensive blurring making it good enough in some cases. In the regular nvidia control panel there is an option to turn it on. http://puu.sh/mTpAI/99b47b9b5b.png. If the AA settings in this thread cause too many performance issues, that's what I'd recommend. Make sure you turn off in-game AA.

Make sure you turn off the AA stuff you tried with inspector too. You should still be forcing 16xAnisotropic Filtering though.
    can you show me your inspector with those settings?
    栄美

can you show me your inspector with those settings?
    Sure, but there is a lot of stuff you can ignore. FXAA doesn't require any AA bits to work since it is post processing. http://puu.sh/mTrlf/750889e5b9.png

The FXAA setting is at the bottom of the Antialiasing section.

If you want HBAO+, you can copy that ambient occlusion compatibility flag and the ambient occlusion settings at the bottom of the image.

The AA flags I have set are irrelevant. They are only there in case I decide I want SGSSAA again.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    I would be grateful about more input about temperatures, with and without those settings.
    Espescially from people streaming or capturing the game at either 1080p or 1440p (or more).
    Do you limit the game at 60fps in the launcher?
    The more you tax your card, the higher your temps will be. Everyone's cooling is different so people sharing their temps is useless since the numbers don't actually mean anything for your computer. For example, my card never breaks like 64C under full load. If your cooling is adequate, you shouldn't be able to stress your hardware enough that temps are a problem. That said, if you are on a laptop, I'd refrain from streaming and maxing out your graphics card since they are often sharing a heatsink. I know my laptop gets really hot really quick if both my CPU and GPU usage is max/near max. Limiting the framerate is definitely a good idea if temps are an issue for you.

my lod is at 1.000 for AF, what does that affect anyways?
    栄美

my lod is at 1.000 for AF, what does that affect anyways?
    A positive LOD DECREASES quality. To keep it simple, it adjusts how your game is rendered. A super positive LOD will make your game look like an N64 game (assuming the LOD option even works). A negative LOD increases detail, but also increases aliasing issues and hurts performance. Just keep it at 0. 0 is normal. The only time it should be adjusted is with SGSSAA settings, and even then it isn't necessary.

Something weird.
    No matter what i change in sweetFX it wont take effect but it hooks to the game and I can switch it off and on but it's stuck on my first settings I even tried to disable sweetFX it still take effect like it's stuck.

A positive LOD DECREASES quality. To keep it simple, it adjusts how your game is rendered. A super positive LOD will make your game look like an N64 game (assuming the LOD option even works). A negative LOD increases detail, but also increases aliasing issues and hurts performance. Just keep it at 0. 0 is normal. The only time it should be adjusted is with SGSSAA settings, and even then it isn't necessary.
    what if im 16x/8xSGSSAA
    栄美