Page 147 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4797137144145146147148149150157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1579

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    what if im 16x/8xSGSSAA
    Just to clarify, I said 16x anisotropic filtering. If you are asking what'll happen with 16xCSAA + 8xSGSSAA, it should be the same as 8xMSAA. There is a specific sample SGSAA uses that CSAA doesn't modify. 8xSGSSAA will murder performance.

Edt: if your question was about LOD at 8xSGSSAA, you can set it as low as -1.5 without seeing issues. That will further hurt performance though.

How much difference in FPS would it make if I set LOD to just 0? I'm using -1 at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuka~ View Post
    How much difference in FPS would it make if I set LOD to just 0? I'm using -1 at the moment.
    I'm not 100% sure. I'm gonna guess it would effect things by about 5 fps. It really depends on your card.

Quote Originally Posted by Preposterous Rhino View Post
    I'm not 100% sure. I'm gonna guess it would effect things by about 5 fps. It really depends on your card.
    I tried to check it but it's so tiny that it's impossible to tell. but then again I have a gtx 970

Quote Originally Posted by rxzlion View Post
    I tried to check it but it's so tiny that it's impossible to tell. but then again I have a gtx 970
    Yeah it is game dependent too. It all depends on how a game is stressing your card. I know my performance hit in skyrim is about 5 fps all modded and all. PSO2 is far less demanding.

Yeah it is game dependent too. It all depends on how a game is stressing your card. I know my performance hit in skyrim is about 5 fps all modded and all. PSO2 is far less demanding.
    Yeah, I've got a GTX 970 myself haha.

Preposterous rhino > my problem is the following, my laptop (i7 4710 + 870M) runs the 1080p with low frame counts and gets to like 72-74° (cpu is at 55°) but my rig (4690K with MSI 980 ti x2) goes to 89° in like 2 or 3 minutes. (cpu is at 28°)

PSO2 should NOT be able to get my cards running that high. I mean ok the game runs at like one gazillion fps but really. I'm not even running in 1440p. (I don't have a 4k screen to test it out)

Edit : all hardware tests online say that the 980 ti goes to 83° in gaming mode. Why? It should be unfazed and unimpressed by most things.
    Last edited by Saffran; Feb 3, 2016 at 01:53 PM.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Sure, but there is a lot of stuff you can ignore. FXAA doesn't require any AA bits to work since it is post processing. http://puu.sh/mTrlf/750889e5b9.png

The FXAA setting is at the bottom of the Antialiasing section.

If you want HBAO+, you can copy that ambient occlusion compatibility flag and the ambient occlusion settings at the bottom of the image.

The AA flags I have set are irrelevant. They are only there in case I decide I want SGSSAA again.
    used your settings and nothing happaned :|
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    used your settings and nothing happaned :|
    Can you give me a screenshot of your Nvidia Inspector settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    Preposterous rhino > my problem is the following, my laptop (i7 4710 + 870M) runs the 1080p with low frame counts and gets to like 72-74° (cpu is at 55°) but my rig (4690K with MSI 980 ti x2) goes to 89° in like 2 or 3 minutes. (cpu is at 28°)

PSO2 should NOT be able to get my cards running that high. I mean ok the game runs at like one gazillion fps but really. I'm not even running in 1440p. (I don't have a 4k screen to test it out)

Edit : all hardware tests online say that the 980 ti goes to 83° in gaming mode. Why? It should be unfazed and unimpressed by most things.
    How much room do your cards have to breath? Are both cards around the same temp? Also, how long have you had your cards? Assuming you have proper airflow, it sounds like it's an issue with the cards, although that seems unlikely if both cards are the same temp.

Limiting your framerate will help. There is zero reason to go above your refresh rate in this game.