Page 155 of 158 FirstFirst ... 55105145152153154155156157158 LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1579

No, I meant 4xSSAA.
    4x (4k) is 2x width and 2x height, 2x2 -> 4x area (amount of pixels).
    2x is √2x width and √2x height, √2x√2 -> 2x area (amount of pixels). That's why 2xAA and DSR is so blurry, since there aren't enough pixels per pixel to do an accurate average.
    9x (9k) is 3x3.
    Thank you for not being an Asshole about your post.
    Trust me. Its a compliment from me to you.
    I like it when math is used as well in arguments.

At the same time I wrote you that post, I requested the TDS from Nvidia through the UDN for Anti-Aliasing.
    I read through the whole sheet (all 381 pages) prior to replying to you.

I also got the TDS for DSR as well.
    Read the 41 page changelog.

I am not the typical person who gets all information from Reddit, Steam, Tomshardware, Overclockers, HardOCP or Anandtech. My information comes from development groups I spend my freetime working with, along with official requests from tech developers who are willing and open to giving out information about the internals to their technologies to developers who use their platforms. All you need to get past most of the filth and infestation of commercialized and consumer-grade information is to be a member, partner, or affiliate to one of the tech development groups in at least one major sector to legally have free access to all of this information.

@Squal

My entire group including myself have sworn by our eVGA graphic cards due to the warranty that they are willing to give us on our investment. I run SLI through their video cards and I run a 980 GTX SLI, but the group orders just about everything and tests from different groups. Although at times customer service slows down... In the end when compared against other OEMs/BrandNames.... these cards have failed the least. EVGA also has the best binning ever, which is why your TI works the way it should.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Thank you for not being an Asshole about your post.
    Trust me. Its a compliment from me to you.
    I like it when math is used as well in arguments.

At the same time I wrote you that post, I requested the TDS from Nvidia through the UDN for Anti-Aliasing.
    I read through the whole sheet (all 381 pages) prior to replying to you.

I also got the TDS for DSR as well.
    Read the 41 page changelog.

I am not the typical person who gets all information from Reddit, Steam, Tomshardware, Overclockers, HardOCP or Anandtech. My information comes from development groups I spend my freetime working with, along with official requests from tech developers who are willing and open to giving out information about the internals to their technologies to developers who use their platforms. All you need to get past most of the filth and infestation of commercialized and consumer-grade information is to be a member, partner, or affiliate to one of the tech development groups in at least one major sector to legally have free access to all of this information.

@Squal

My entire group including myself have sworn by our eVGA graphic cards due to the warranty that they are willing to give us on our investment. I run SLI through their video cards and I run a 980 GTX SLI, but the group orders just about everything and tests from different groups. Although at times customer service slows down... In the end when compared against other OEMs/BrandNames.... these cards have failed the least. EVGA also has the best binning ever, which is why your TI works the way it should.
    Eh, I was looking for something fairly understandable and grounded when I posted that link. I don't even use Reddit. Consumer-grade or not, I recommend you to always cross information from multiple places, and always take a supplementary dose of salt with it, specially performance charts *pierces NVIDIA with a sharp gaze*. Though, you'd be surprised to find gems here and there.

And to be honest, I don't like how this circle-sharing system works, not one bit. Leave me out of it.

Also, what the hell, Steam forums for tech stuff? xD
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    Eh, I was looking for something fairly understandable and grounded when I posted that link. I don't even use Reddit. Consumer-grade or not, I recommend you to always cross information from multiple places, and always take a supplementary dose of salt with it, specially performance charts *pierces NVIDIA with a sharp gaze*. Though, you'd be surprised to find gems here and there.

And to be honest, I don't like how this circle-sharing system works, not one bit. Leave me out of it.

Also, what the hell, Steam forums for tech stuff? xD
    Oh how stupid of me!
    I should be more clear with you.

TDS = Technical Data Sheet.

I asked for clarification about SSAA, and so the question was about "How does the technology work and operate" and not "What kind of performance does this technology give"

A Technical Data Sheet is a full write up of
    "What is the said technology?"
    "How does it work and where can it be applied?"
    "Understanding the API behind the Technology?"
    "What errors exist in this technology and what should be avoided?"
    "How has the technology been improved over the years?"

Technical Data Sheets or Technical Manuals do not answer the following question:
    "What kind of performance does this technology have against a rival technology of the same class?"
    "Who are the OEMs and Partners who use this technology?"
    "Where is this technology manufactured and what plans exist for improving it in the future?"
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Oh how stupid of me!
    I should be more clear with you.

TDS = Technical Data Sheet.

I asked for clarification about SSAA, and so the question was about "How does the technology work and operate" and not "What kind of performance does this technology give"

A Technical Data Sheet is a full write up of
    "What is the said technology?"
    "How does it work and where can it be applied?"
    "Understanding the API behind the Technology?"
    "What errors exist in this technology and what should be avoided?"
    "How has the technology been improved over the years?"

Technical Data Sheets or Technical Manuals do not answer the following question:
    "What kind of performance does this technology have against a rival technology of the same class?"
    "Who are the OEMs and Partners who use this technology?"
    "Where is this technology manufactured and what plans exist for improving it in the future?"
    I know what a spec sheet is, tyvm. What I meant was, I still remember back when I had access to some older NVIDIA stuff. They felt awfully biased towards that specific technology, sometimes even sounded like an ad, and often made bad comparisons with previous tech, not necessarily against other rivals. Haven't checked again in a long time, but straight up not commendable. Also, the performance is a great aspect of a certain technology, since it greatly changes its applications.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

I've never read a Technical Data Sheet that is less than 80 pages on anything out there. They are highly detailed and filled with Technical Language, while Spec Sheets are small, aimed at consumers and overloaded with General Language and advertisements.

PSO-2 example...

Spec Sheet for a force would be describing that a Fo/Te pew pews everything in the game, and you wouldn't write much about its general weaknesses. Rather than talk about Techs, you would talk about elements themselves and their behavior. You would focus on illustrating its power and selling it. So the general player would understand exactly what it is, and how strong it can be for every race out there. The specs listed would be a comparative vs other classes...and would just barely scratch the surface.

A Technical Data Sheet for a Fo/Te would be a manual covering every single combination one can run along with every major attack strategy, viable weapon and their potentials; every unit and their bonuses that would aid the class combination, etc. It would cover a description of every single tech out there, every single customization, every single part of the progression (from level 1 - 75) along with definitions for every single part of the skill tree, and even how to affix everything and where to find everything it needs. It would also cover every single build-type out there, and even an Evolution of the class-combination to present day, so it will have a changelog.

I call them both spec sheets. People understand it better that way. Then again, I'm not hired to do so.

can anyone explain why in in pso2 i get microstuttering with DSR enabled but in games in like GTAIV it runs silk smooth with DSR?
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    can anyone explain why in in pso2 i get microstuttering with DSR enabled but in games in like GTAIV it runs silk smooth with DSR?
    Probably CPU spikes. In IV, the CPU load is high, but constant, while in PSO2 it keeps spiking a lot. Atleast that's what happens with me. Using a i5-2500k @ 3.4 Ghz. It might become more noticeable since the frame time increases with DSR on.

im using a FX8350 .-.
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeep, there's your problem. Try replacing it whenever possible. Next gen's i3-7350k and lower-end Zen are looking quite good in terms of performance and value, if you can wait. The i3 seems to have great single core performance (which gaming is mostly about), and is overclockeable. As it stands, your CPU has terrible single core performance, even worse than my laptop's 5200u. Sadly, very few games take advantage of the amount of cores your CPU has, and PSO2 is no exception.

You can "reduce" the stuttering by trying to mess with PSO2's affinity. Set it to just the last 4 cores or something, and try raising priority to high (never real-time!). I have some games that lose plenty of micro-stuttering that way. Reducing model count in-game also helps.
    Last edited by Shoterxx; Dec 5, 2016 at 04:14 PM.