Page 154 of 158 FirstFirst ... 54104144151152153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1579

How are you fixing the UI? Can you override a value in the PSO2 settings file or something?

Furthermore, how are you pushing DSR higher than the default limit? Are you using a native 4k monitor to go to 8k?

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    How are you fixing the UI? Can you override a value in the PSO2 settings file or something?

Furthermore, how are you pushing DSR higher than the default limit? Are you using a native 4k monitor to go to 8k?
    Hmm, I'll have to retract on my UI scaling solution, I can only make it smaller it seems, not larger.

Just using a custom resolution in NVIDIA Control Panel. You have to set it manually in user.pso2. I don't recommend using it, since custom resolutions don't blur the pixels, resulting in more aliasing. However, I managed to whip up a blur shader for ReShade that does about the same as DSR. The quality, when looked from native resolution, is pretty overkill though.

Here's the image, already downscaled to native resolution (stupid Mediafire won't let me post full resolution, just download it or fullscreen on the viewer link DOESNT WORK EITHER WTH).
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Shoterxx; Nov 27, 2016 at 07:49 PM.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

The specifications behind LCDs and LEDs make it so that the best visual appealing resolution to the highest graphic settings one can muster is best at the native resolution of the display. An operator can attempt to use DSR, but even Nvidia stated that DSR was created for games in which standard AA does not work. I suffered a lot of graphic issues running a 980 GTX SLI in PSO-2 and several other games that eventually I was given as a birthday present a 30-bit 4K Monitor and have never used DSR again.

DSR to me is a consolation prize, a neat trick that works as a selling point with something positive to it.
    It actually gives you worse visual quality by forcing to pack in four pixels in the space of 1 pixel (If you go 4K) and then it blurs the image to hide what happens. Its best advantage is to anti-alias games not meant for it, but to give more on-screen room for games that require a lot of HUD space....

Example
    Spoiler!

If you connect a Kill-A-Watt to an SLI system, along with a temp monitor for your video cards...
    You will find that running native 4K uses less system power and runs your video card cooler in the same game than running a 1080P Monitor + DSR 4K.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Eh... Where do I start...

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    The specifications behind LCDs and LEDs make it so that the best visual appealing resolution to the highest graphic settings one can muster is best at the native resolution of the display.
    Quoting...? [Insert "Eye can only see 30FPS anyway" joke here]

I was given as a birthday present a 30-bit 4K Monitor and have never used DSR again.
    Why would you, really? That's about the resolution I run in DSR + 2xMSAA. There's barely any noticeable aliasing at that level (in PSO2), even when I use it zoomed in (meaning its a 1:1 pixel resolution, same as native), and beyond that point, performance degrades significantly. Also, let's not talk about the people who cannot afford to get one, nor have people that can give one.

It actually gives you worse visual quality by forcing to pack in four pixels in the space of 1 pixel (If you go 4K) and then it blurs the image to hide what happens.
    That is Super Sampling in a nutshell (4xSSAA for the closest equivalent), which is the best aliasing method (quality wise), period. The difference between it and DSR is the method. SSAA is applied during render and is optimized to do so. DSR is not, since it just takes the final buffer from the card instead.

In MMORPGs like TERA or FF XIV and you will need a lot of HUD space. Especially in TERA where one uses a lot of skills. If you play a class like Mystic, literally the best Mystics have all their skills out in 3 - 4 bars fully mapped and their fingers trained to use them at-will. Now if you play FF XIV, and like me... you are a crafter/gatherer, and white mage... that is a lot of macros and skills... so yeah! A lot of space is needed. Just slight DSR helps prevent your HUD from taking so much of your screen that it becomes unbearable.
    That's about one of the worst use cases for DSR. I can see the reason behind it, and sure, if there's no other way. But not just that, low multiplier DSR is actually bad, since it doesn't have enough pixels to do a proper approximation, same with 2x(any)AA, which ends up making the image either blurry, or uneven. I recommend atleast the first power of 2 which is 4x.

If you connect a Kill-A-Watt to an SLI system, along with a temp monitor for your video cards...
    Has SLI, is worried about power draw and heat. I'm pretty sure that people who can't afford a 4k monitor cannot get a SLI system in the first place. And if you really are worried, get yourself a custom cooling system, efficiency ramps up greatly with better cooling, not just temperatures.

You will find that running native 4K uses less system power and runs your video card cooler in the same game than running a 1080P Monitor + DSR 4K.
    Obviously, since native just renders a 4k image and DSR renders a 4k image AND downscales it. But I sure never heard of performance comparisons in Celsius. That could be anything from your 1080p monitor being crappier to testing both cases under different times of the day.
    Spoiler!
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

This isn't normal right? What's causing this?

http://i.imgur.com/A64lUAZ.png

I don't think he's supposed to be so dark. I have weird lighting issues I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    You mentioned 4XSSAA, did you mean 2xSSAA? I thought:
    2x was double the resolution meaning four times the pixels (1x1 vs 2x2)
    4x is four times the resolution meaning sixteen times the pixels (1x1 vs 4x4)

Part of your post was incomprehensible and I felt it needed clarity.
    "Where is this guy going?" is what I thought to myself as I read the post in its entirety.
    Despite of my knowledge and ability...

I always go back to this song..

PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

This isn't normal right? What's causing this?

http://i.imgur.com/A64lUAZ.png

I don't think he's supposed to be so dark. I have weird lighting issues I think.
    Try these fixes, one of them might work:
    - Turn blur off, and restart the game;
    - Make sure you have all the options related to lightning are on in the graphics menu;
    - Use the large address aware fix for the pso2.exe, since that fixes all kinds of graphical glitches and crashes;
    - Your AA bit setting might not be compatible with your game settings. For example, if you use Lavendy's settings, make sure you use fullscreen on fullscreen and same for windowed/borderless.

You mentioned 4XSSAA, did you mean 2xSSAA? I thought:
    2x was double the resolution meaning four times the pixels (1x1 vs 2x2)
    4x is four times the resolution meaning sixteen times the pixels (1x1 vs 4x4)

Part of your post was incomprehensible and I felt it needed clarity.
    "Where is this guy going?" is what I thought to myself as I read the post in its entirety.
    Despite of my knowledge and ability...
    No, I meant 4xSSAA.
    4x (4k) is 2x width and 2x height, 2x2 -> 4x area (amount of pixels).
    2x is √2x width and √2x height, √2x√2 -> 2x area (amount of pixels). That's why 2xAA and DSR is so blurry, since there aren't enough pixels per pixel to do an accurate average.
    9x (9k) is 3x3.

For a better explanation on all types of anti-aliasing, check this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...des_explained/
    My point was that DSR is a very viable solution. If done right and setup correctly, its quality may be on par with the highest quality AA possible (for its size), at the expense of performance.

DSR is not anti-aliasing, per se. It's nothing more than a filtered custom resolution. Intel and NVIDIA (and I'm pretty sure AMD/ATI too) also allow one to create higher resolutions for one's screen.
    However, a regular monitor will not be able to handle any more pixels than intended. So instead, the image is trimmed down when leaving the GPU, and it does so by reading the first pixel it can find in the coordinate it's looking for. That leaves a gap of information between one pixel and the next unaccounted for, since there are pixels that get "skipped", resulting in nothing more than a waste of performance.
    The solution? Instead of picking a single pixel, it reads up the remainder and averages it out, meaning it accounts for all the area that is rendered, and reduces the aliasing from the higher resolution. This is DSR in a nutshell, and is a similar approach to what SSAA (Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing) does.

Still, downsampled 1080p will never be as good as native 4k. However, that is not an apples-to-apples comparison. Also, that does not mean that 4k would never benefit from DSR itself, but the law of diminishing returns applies and you'd have 1/16 of the original 1080p performance for a 16k-ish image. I'd bet that at native 9k, FXAA/SMAA would be, by far, more than enough to remove any aliasing still noticeable to the human eye. As we progress to higher resolution screens, there'll be less need for AA.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    Try these fixes, one of them might work:
    - Turn blur off, and restart the game;
    - Make sure you have all the options related to lightning are on in the graphics menu;
    - Use the large address aware fix for the pso2.exe, since that fixes all kinds of graphical glitches and crashes;
    - Your AA bit setting might not be compatible with your game settings. For example, if you use Lavendy's settings, make sure you use fullscreen on fullscreen and same for windowed/borderless.
    I'm using the correct AA bit profile (windowed, high quality, advanced) as far as I can tell.

I turned off blur previous to this because I saw flickering shadows, and that fixed that, but never fixed this. The only two options I have off in the display options menu are FXAA and Blur.

I'll try the fix you provided there, hopefully it helps. :| Thanks for the help.

In my experience, DSR (or maybe it's 4k?) messes with the game's lighting and shadows. Some characters get a shadow across their face, I think all of the lighting effects/shaders don't scale to 4k all that well.

This is awesome, thank you.

Yeah, it introduces some blurring, but it's much less than something like FXAA. DSR just has too many drawbacks. The FPS hit is much larger, the UI gets small, plus the problems I described above. I'm playing the game at 144FPS and with DSR the game is much more rough since it can't hit that target.
    DSR does not mess with the lighting or shadows at all. Nor does it "blur" the image like someone bellow said lol.

I don't know why you have glitched lighting or shadows that's odd. Are you sure you are running DSR only and not DSR with some forced AA with nvidia inspector?

DSR isn't some "filter" or a "setting" that adds super sampled AA. All DSR does is makes the game run at 1440 or 4K (which ever one you want) then down samples the image to "fit" your 1080p monitor. So if you run the game in 3840/2160 (4k) The image will simply be downsampled to fit your 1080p monitor. This will give you "brute forced" super sampled AAx4.

It wont cause glitches or anything because it's not actually adding any form of conventional AA to the game

As far as pso2 is concerned you have a 4K monitor and pso2 believes that it's being ran on a 4K monitor.

DSR is an awesome feature really. I use it in other games too that have lackluster AA settings. For example Resident Evil Revelations, Tomb Raider Anniversary etc etc old games like that.

The only negative effect that DSR has when it comes to PSO2 is that the hud becomes very tiny especially if you leave it at the default setting. That means that text/hud etc etc becomes super hard to read because of how tiny it gets. You can fix it (to an extent) if you launch the official launcher and change the hud/text settings to the biggest size. At 4K downsampled to 1080p even the biggest hud/tex size is small, but to me I can read everything just fine.

That's up to you personally. I can see just fine.

Funny enough...All of the other old games (even older games from like 10 years ago) that I run in 4K with DSR don't have this hud/text scaling issue. The hud in these older games remains big and unchanged lol.

The second issue with DSR is that you need a powerful pc if you wanna run pso2 in 4K because even if it's just "DSR" as far as pso2 and your pc are concerned you now have a 4K monitor.

I have a EVGA SC 980ti that has a nice OC on it a 4790K OCed to 4.6ghz and 16gig HyperX savage 2400mhz ram. I can maintain 60fps 95% of the time. I only drop like 5fps or so when everyone spams fireballs/techs and the bosses spam their fancy powers and there's 12 people all at once. But other than that it runs very well with zero glitches and zero jaggies.

Downscaling is pretty much blurring, yo.