Default BSOD after launching PSO2

A friend of mine is having trouble launching PSO2 (not the launcher itself, but the actual game). Whenever he does so, the game would open for a few seconds then his computer gives him a blue screen. It's been like this since January. His OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and all his drivers have been updated. I'm not quite sure what the problem may be. Does anyone have a clue how to solve this?

That depends on what the BSOD error is.
    Klypto - Ship 02

Something about ntoskrnl.exe .

We tried to get the blue screen error again, but we ended up with the game working for once in a long time. However, we couldn't find a chance to actually play the game completely due to a tight schedule today with work. We'll try again later to see if he gets a blue screen again.

are u using ati video card? i have blue screen issue on pso2 sometimes, i think it is related to display card driver.

I have the same problem. It gives me the BSOD if i try to use about any program that would affect the game, like xfire or bandicam.

Really appreciate if someone knows how to fix it. I'm not sure if it's the same error as the original poster's but here's a picture of the error.