Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Force Question

Default Force Question

Ok so is there a easy way to kill the Vol Opt Ver 2 or what? I can take out his first form no problem but his second form I cant seem to do enough damage to him since he is immune to Zonde and has resistance against Foie, my Barta only does 250 to him. There a better spell to use? or there a way for a force to hit all of his body parts?

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Ok so is there a easy way to kill the Vol Opt Ver 2 or what? I can take out his first form no problem but his second form I cant seem to do enough damage to him since he is immune to Zonde and has resistance against Foie, my Barta only does 250 to him. There a better spell to use? or there a way for a force to hit all of his body parts?
    Upgrade your Barta spells.

My spells cant go any higher then level 30

I've yet to get this far, but -amplifier of blue/barta/gibarta/rabarta? Zellen/Jellen? Any weapon that boosts ice type spells as well I'd guess
    The Big Book of Bosses -Learn how to avoid the Pain Train with 100% success and submit your own boss beating tips!

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

If you're spells are maxed out you can keep leveling by running through the entire area again instead of piping back to right before Vol. You might also try what Dongra said and use some melee weapons, as those seem to have a greater effect on Vol(I also recall hearing a glitch where Vol takes more damage from techs if your ATP is higher).

Quote Originally Posted by Caledonia View Post
    I've yet to get this far, but -amplifier of blue/barta/gibarta/rabarta? Zellen/Jellen? Any weapon that boosts ice type spells as well I'd guess
    Vol Opt cannot be jellen and zalured and to my knowledge isn't effected by technique boosts from weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post
    l(I also recall hearing a glitch where Vol takes more damage from techs if your ATP is higher).
    This only applies to the first form of Vol Opt.

Well I did try melee damage and I did 0 points even on a hard attack with Shifta on me ( obviously I mean im a force ) only thing I can do is get more MST then?

What version are you playing? What class in particular are you using? What equipment are you using? What level are you? More information would be helpful.

IF you want to go the ATP/ Melee route, take an ATP boosting Mag with you, and switch out your Force Mag when Vol Opt changes forms. Even as a Force you don't need a ton of ATP and ATA to make good use of a slicer against Vol Opt's second form. (Obviously, a slicer with a Hit bonus does help.)