Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default English-Speaking Teams on Ship 10?

Hello, everyone. I've been lurking on here for years and finally decided to create an account to give back a bit; but before that, I have a problem that I'm hoping some of you will be able to help with.

I've played solo for nearly all of the hours I've put into this game, and now that I'm approaching level cap I'm starting to worry about the limitations of what I can do as a solo player. I really want to get into Advance Quests for faster leveling and phat lewtz, but I am afraid of what might go wrong if I tried by myself. There's also a few other things I'd love to have a steady group for, namely Falz Hunar Emergency Codes.

I know Japanese players don't bite, but I've tried to avoid partying with anyone who doesn't speak English since I started playing; mainly out of respect for anyone who MIGHT be annoyed by my inability to follow directions in Japanese.

That said, I have never introduced myself to any players who I saw speaking English because it was either during an MPA/E-Quest or they were being disrespectful in the lobby. So I thought I'd ask here to get an idea of what's up with Ship 10.

I'm on Ship 10 because I saw somewhere that the English speaking communities were on 10 and 2, and a friend who no longer plays suggested we go to 10. Thing is, I've seen VERY few people speaking English, so either there are not as many here as was implied or it's some kind of underground thing. Anybody who can provide me with some info on the state of Ship 10's English community has my thanks. As for who I am and what I'm looking for...

Ship 10
    Character Name: Nobuo
    SEGA ID: votxupstart
    Class: Lv47 GU / Lv32 RA
    Playstyle: Kill everything and look awesome while doing it

Essentially, I'm looking for a team that does MPAs, Emergency Quests, and Advance Quests together. I'll jump in on Time Attacks as well but that's not a requirement. Farming groups focused on running a specific boss/area continuously would be like a dream come true.

This is starting to look like a job application...

I'm confident in my skill as a Gunner and am most certainly not a noob in the mechanics of the game. I don't spam Elder Rebellion (or let the last 3 shots connect, at least) if it would inconvenience others and am generally accurate when applying Weak Bullet. How frequently I die depends on how ballsy I'm feeling or how high up in the air I am. If I'm airborne I like to stay there, which generally isn't a problem since I can dodge pretty well- but stuff happens, y'know?

Wall of text complete. Thanks for reading. Any pointers on finding people to play with or offers to join a team would be much appreciated.

advice, try to move to ship 2 while you can.

GL!
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

There's a thread of all the psow related teams SOMEWHERE on here, I searched 'teams' to try to help and got 20 pages of results.

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    advice, try to move to ship 2 while you can.

GL!
    Bad advice if you don't want to spend money.

Actual advice, go to the full blocks. Mainly 24, the first AQ block. English speaking people are scattered all around in different timezones also. They usually just aren't spamming conversations in public chat.

I believe a large team is Liminality.

But it may be the case that many people from just stopped playing/up and left without a warning such as your friend did.
    Last edited by Seraphus; Mar 16, 2013 at 04:44 PM.

bad advice no, it was the most obvious choice for someone who's obviously having a hard time finding other players.

if he cant move to ship 2

well sucks for him?
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    bad advice no, it was the most obvious choice for someone who's obviously having a hard time finding other players.

if he cant move to ship 2

well sucks for him?
    Oh, pso-w, you. Not to mention I said if he doesn't want to spend money.

I'll stop right here.
    Last edited by Seraphus; Mar 16, 2013 at 04:45 PM.

If I was in a position to transfer, I would. Obviously that's not the case though. I'm pretty sure there's at least one team on Ship 10 because I remember hearing about them somewhere on these forums awhile back, but I forget what they're called and am not sure if they're still active.

Thanks for looking, DS23.

Seraphus, I'll look around and see what I can find on Block 24. I didn't know that people looking to do AQs gathered on certain block #s. Even if the team you mentioned isn't entirely active, having a name to look for helps. Thanks!

I'm the team leader of Liminality. We're very active team, not the only one either. Ship 10 doesn't have a "block 20", but we actually have a decent sized English population. Maybe not quite as large as ship 2 but still a good size. Everyone follows what the blocks are for instead of lollygagging in public.
    PSO2 JP: Ship 10
    Player ID: RadGalaxy
    Characters: Zeruel, RadGalaxy 2.0, Kaede, and Kylie

Author of the Blowing Dust column on www.themogblog.com

G'luck on finding a team. Most of us rarely speak english on public chat out of respect for the Japanese community. If you still need help I know somebody around your level, maybe I can introduce you to him/her.