scary place on earth called gamefaqs.com,name is CieraBakufu there.

Default am very new to this...

i just downloaded a gc emu and the pso episode 1-2 plus iso and i am wondering if there is a story mode or online mode that will support it?am not much into online gaming,but seeing as how pso is a big hit i want to try it out.any help in getting things set up is welcomed and thank you.

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ame View Post
    i just downloaded a gc emu and the pso episode 1-2 plus iso and i am wondering if there is a story mode or online mode that will support it?am not much into online gaming,but seeing as how pso is a big hit i want to try it out.any help in getting things set up is welcomed and thank you.
    Using an emulator to play PSO isn't a very good idea(you also can't burn the .iso to a disc to a unique anti-piracy start point on GCN systems). And there is no way to connect to an online server. You can play offline, however GCN emulation is primitive at best and the game may not run at its intended speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post
    Using an emulator to play PSO isn't a very good idea(you also can't burn the .iso to a disc to a unique anti-piracy start point on GCN systems). And there is no way to connect to an online server. You can play offline, however GCN emulation is primitive at best and the game may not run at its intended speed.
    just deleted it.

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ame View Post
    just deleted it.
    You may want to look into PSOBB though(it can't actually be pirated is another bonus, if I recall correctly). You just have to look a private server, or get the stuff to setup your own.

Actually on a decently specced pc, PSO plays great on an emulator (easily at full speed.) I downloaded PSO+ years ago to extarct the PsoV3.dol file from it when I was creating my Item Modding tutorial and it ran smooth as silk

A new version of a specific emulator (which I won't mention) now allows you to play online Gamecube games (those that used the BBA) including PSO, online.

As Link1275 mentioned however, PSOBB is probably a better bet. You don't have to configure anything for online play, You get an extra Episode (Episode 4), the graphics should look better depending on your settings (although you can make PSO+ on an emulator look great also), and it should also play smoothly.

PSO+ running in emulator
    Spoiler!

PSO+ running in emulator with Widescreen Hack enabled. (The GUI doesn't adjust to the wider screen, but you get used to it.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by VioletSkye; Mar 16, 2013 at 11:16 PM.

*goes back to downloading*
    thank you.