Default PC Version AOTI, major problem, hopefully someone can help?

Alrighty, got antzy, and started playing again on the pc version. Went to craft some Crea Doubles after a run of Scarred planet S, and well, i cnat synthesize anything that isnt fixed materials. Anything with a variable material (photon) so far that ive tried, the item select screen comes up, but lists "No items found." So i backtrack one time, no cursor, pressing up/down controls, i can hear it toggling things (but cant select anything without either "Not enough materials" or it breaking the board totally (where clicking it just brings it back one screen to insert board/delete board/etc). However, even though i can delete boards, i cant add new ones and synth. Any ideas? Also, am willing to send character file via e-mail if someone wants to look. Im not against resetting my save, but id really prefer not to have to...

Lookling like it was character specific as making another character on the same file, they were able to synth a 20% light gigush (Tested) so looks like i may need to start over, i backed up that info though so if anyone has any ideas, id love to hear them, as i had a number of things i didnt want to lose, but wasnt so far in that its insurmountable.