Default GURAnewearl : Character Planning

Hello everyone. I need some help to setup my character's build, as i do feel lost among all those informations and updates. Many things happened since the last time i played this game, and i'm confused.
    First of all, could you please have a look at my current build, wich is based on a build i found right here, in the official build guide.

Basically, i changed the race and sex to newman female, from cast. I also put the R-DEF of the mag to 0, from 30, raising the R-ATK to 150, from 120. Now, i have some questions about this build i'm not using but i'll get on that later, it has to do with the 30 def that i didn't take because i didn't understand why they were there. But we'll get on that later.

So here's my build :

Race : Newman
    Sex : Female
    Class : GU/RA
    Skill Trees : GURAnewearl

Now, here is my list of the endgame items i found on the PSO JP Wiki, google translated. And that's something i'm worried about, i'm not used to this kind of research, and i'm unfamiliar with the items that have been released and might not be on this wiki, or maybe hard to notice. I would like you to check my list please :

Endgame Items Prerequisite

Assaut Rifle
    Holy Ray : 650 R-ATK

Launcher
    Inferno Bazooka : 650 R-ATK

TMG
    Erenazuroa : 630 R-ATK

Rear Unit
    Rear / Vernon Fader Packs (Vardha Pack) : 489 R-DEF
    Rear / Chrome Courchevel (Chrome Vel) : 489 R-DEF

Arm Unit
    Arm / Vernon Darling Um (Vardha Arm) : 489 R-DEF
    Arm / Chrome Hands (Chrome Hands) : 489 R-DEF

Leg Unit
    Leg / Vernon Dale Guth (Vardha Legs) : 489 R-DEF
    Leg / Chrome Tail (Chrome Tail) : 489 R-DEF

So if my list is right, i can just go full brainless R-ATK on my mag and that something i'm very surprised about. What the hell, i always thought that was complicated to plan so now i'm very doubtful about my researches.
    Also, you may notice i didn't put the 9 Stars units that have much higher R-DEF prerequisite, 566 R-DEF. And i don't know wich one i am supposed to use in endgame, like, very endgame. The 489 ones, or the 566 ones? Could you please advice me on that.

Now, there is one more issue, wich is not really an issue but a pretty cool update with lv 60 cap, and probably new weapons coming after that (or even on the update? i don't remember). What is your opinion about that. For those of you who play RUGAnewearl with exactly my mag and skills, what do you plan to do, are you worried? Is this something i should be concerned about right now, so i don't get on the road of an "outdated" build? Or do you think our base stats should be enough to wear the new gear, wich i find doubtful but honestly i'm a real noob and i have no idea.

Well, there it is, pretty simple at the end. Just take the time if you please, to verify my build, my endgame items list, and give me your opinon about how not to get screwed in the future, when new items will come out. Thank you very much and maybe seeya in game. My name's Furya , just in case we meet in game, say hi !

Edit : Oh ! And what about those 30 points in R-DEF. Can you please explain why those points over more attack, although i can imagine it is because once you have the 10 star weapon equiped, you don't need 30 extra damage but i wanna be sure i'm not missing something.

I also realised i should tell you. I'm level 22 and my mag is 43. I do play a lot so once i'll get my build ready, i should get on it and i'm of course very looking forward to it.

Inferno bazooka can't be equipped by gunner
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

On the Official Build Thread, you say this skill tree is for those who want to play gunner, but you also say that the skill tree works for RA/GU. What i did not precise is that i'm not decided yet on wich one i'm gonna main, so i'm checking launchers too. I will probably play gunner anyways but i'm making sure i still "can" play ranger if i want, even if it's not very optimised.

Can you tell me about the rest please? The full ATK mag and the 489/566 R-DEF issues, mostly.

I'll have to sit and look through it. In my build I advise 450 Dex because gunner has limited access to launchers and Gunner is very bad for AoE without gunslash. The best gunslash available is Emperor Axeon which requires 450 Dex.

as far as 489 R Def, it's fine for now since the best armor for rangers in Vardha set, but in 2 weeks, we may see newer better armor for rangers that needs 547 R Def, so I wouldn't plan for all R atk. It's not helping your damage by much and you're cutting yourself out of future gear options by going completely into 1 direction.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

I did not think about the gunslashes at all so thank you for that. I do not understand the 450 Dex very well because the CAST build (not mine, the one from the build thread) we'r talking about only has 423 Ability (wich i guess is Dex , right?) so maybe it goes up with the unit gear i don't know, but if you could clarify that that'd be great.

About the futur gear, that was my point. So, even if of course nobody knows yet, we might get new armors so i get that now.

Now i don't really know how i'll do to stop raising my mag at some point, so i can wait for the next big update, and i don't know how you guys do by the way, do you pay AC to reset your skills/mags when new gear comes out? That is something i would like to avoid having to do, although i will if i have to. If you have any advice on that, on the mag part, that'd be great. You know, to keep it equiped i have to feed it, so i'm kinda stuck here if say i decide to keep 50 points just in case (and stop raising my mag at lv 100). Well, that might take some thought and as you say that requires to look a bit deep into it. If you have the time later, it's cool. But in any case, i see a little more clear now and unless you missed it in my post, you didn't mention the 9 stars unit wich is something less i have to think about.

Now i don't know where the 547 R-DEF comes from, and i don't need to know how you try to guess the next future gear (wich was something i wanted from you guys, thank you, i knew you had a little idea of what stats might be needed). But if it's really something like 54x-55x then i guess i'm okay and i'll just have to put some mag points into defense, wich is very fine by me as long as i can keep on wearing the best weapons.

The dexterity matter troubles me though, your cast build only has 423 Dex as i said so that's something i need to know please, so i can figure how to get to 450 on my Newman.

Edit : Based on what you told me and another post that i admit, did see a while ago but did not understand at this time, i'm going to make something that both covers the 450 Dex (and i now know wich weapon you are talking about) and the incoming update issues. I'll ask you guys to do a last check when i'm done, please. And i changed my mind about the 547 R-DEF, if you could explain the speculation to me, that'd be cool. I'd like to know what i'm talking about (when i make my build i mean).
    Last edited by Zaven; Mar 29, 2013 at 12:45 PM.

I thought I mentioned in the description that I was leaving SP open for flavor and stats because there's a lot of free SP after you get the really important stuff - especially in gunner.

It's easy enough in that build to grab automate halfline and boost dex well over 450 with SP. I don't instantly put the points in for dex, but I should probably go back and do it anyway to avoid confusion. If you're playing a female newman this is going to have a lot less room to play with.

For now I would consider this, but please bare in mind the level cap and new skills are coming out in 2 weeks, so my builds are likely to change very shortly
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT

I think you answered all my questions with this last post lol.

I understand for the Dex.
    I see this build has a R-DEF that should cover the next ranger gear incoming.
    I have the required R-ATK for the best launcher in case i need to play ranger with some friends.

I will keep the free SP there was in the build thread, because that is exactly what i needed. I think the 130/10/10 mag is a very elegant way to make sure i'll have enough stats later, combine with the free SP that you didn't use in the template build.

Nah really this is great, i have to go through all of that again to make sure i understood everything, but right now i feel like my problem is solved. There is even some place left for R-ATK in the gunner tree, so who knows i might even be able to equip the new weapons for lv 60.

Thank you, again. I really appreciate that you helped me knowing that those informations were already there. But i was very lost and i spent already a lot of time trying to understand alone. Maybe i'll tell you how it went later !

------------------------------
    About the free SPs :

You know, when i saw a few days ago that all the SPs weren't used, i thought it was a cap thing, particular to the new classes or something like that. I also never reached the point where i received SPs from quest so even if i could have figured out there was no way i could be sure just by looking at this. So yeah for noob players who haven't reach that point of the game yet, it might be confusing. I don't think you need to put the SP in the template build, i think it is pretty elegant this way. In my case it's prefect since i prefere more stats after the next update rather than automate halfline, so you are right not to put those points imo. Just specify in the short description that you let some points free. I mean, that's my opinion. I do care about that and i forgot to thank you by the way for this thread but ya already know you did a good job.