Thread: Black screen

Default Black screen

yeah as the title suggest, i am getting a black screen after the opening cut scenes.
    last time i played it was 3-4 weeks ago and maybe the update had something to do with it....i also put in the english translation the same way i always do.

could the update done something with graphics in the game making me require a better graphics card?

okay i just reinstalled the patch, and when i overwrite the files with the english patch it does the black screen thing....in suggestions?
    Last edited by ScarredBushido; Apr 1, 2013 at 05:00 AM.

Can anyone help me? I have a problem with the black screen, I did the update, the game opens, the presentation appears normal when the presentation ends the game gets a black screen and the game closes alone, already tried everything in "pso2_bin"'ve used all kinds resolution settings of the game. Somebody help me if anyone know.

well reason i had black screen was because of the english translation...turns out one of the files was broken and the guy removed the link to download it because of it. i didn't know until i checked the site haha

that's what will be happening? because here is also translated, will be that I have some corrupted file?

go to the translation website ( i don't think i can post it ) you'll see two downloadble links one that saids Large Files ( turns out it had a courrpt file and the mod took the link down, which is what i downloaded and put in the Win32 folder which messed up the files ) and one that contains all the necessary parts ( which is what Translates the game i think ).

but you have to re-update the game ( third option in the start up window ) before you start overwriting files.

Not sure its the same problem but I get the Black unlimited loading Screen as well, for an example link to my youtube channel, its the last video, starts at about 17:30.

I have done everything that has been suggested from updating drivers, lowering settings also tried it with and without the english patches and so on it just seems Chapter O is bugged for me, im tempted to just delete my win32 file and have it re download the entire thing just in case

I HAVE heard that it may just be the part of the game I am at that causes the freeze, it may even be an old file that is still in my win32 folder that was not replaced with checking the files i just dont know.

I have a friend who is going to use my account *Yes I trust him lol* till im back on the lobby ship so i hope that helps

ta tense here, tried everything, but still continues with the black screen and soon after the game is feichado after the presentation of the game, already reinstalled already used version already used the Original Translated anything but go right, the black screen Patch keeps popping downloaded several various other files and still the black screen error persists. to almost gave up playing because of it ç.ç

i think it definitely has to be win32 folder. and if u have ever had the english patch, that may have something to do with it too. launcher downloaded and installed new patch, i noticed nothing was translated in game (however everything was working fine). so i exit, apply the 'patch 03.27.2013' and 'larger files'. load game back up and get black screen after the opening cinematic. i ran the update/repair tool from the launcher. load the game back up and everything working fine yet again. applied the english patch without 'larger files', and load game up yet again... black screen. running the update/repair now and just gona play without the english patch for time being. is there an update to the english patch maybe to avoid this? anyone know of?

April 10th version of the English patch has been posted on
    http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206

I was getting this issue as well because of the corrupted Large Files patch.
    all you need to do to fix this is run the repair function located just below the Options button on the launcher. Once that's done go back to the site I linked above and download the main patch files. Only download the main English patch. Game should work fine. This fixed it for me at least :P

Hope this helps