Page 1 of 43 123411 ... LastLast

Default Item Translation Project Thread [4/2Update] - Updated with latest content

How to get it:

You'll need to use the PSO2 Tweaker to get it/use it.

Open the new PSO2 Tweaker (available here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248) and checkmark "Translate items".

Launch it with the PSO2 Tweaker, and the items should all be in english, along with some descriptions (The patch will be updated as more are added). There's bound to be some bugs and issues, so be sure to report them here! Also, a big thanks to MrTurkleton for giving us the idea (and some info!) in the first place!

Usage:

If you hold Control (Ctrl), it'll disable the translation as long as it's held. Also, if you Ctrl + C an item, it *should* still copy the JP text instead, so you can still search through shops! If you want the english text to be copied instead, hold control, tap shift once, then hit C and it'll copy the english text.

If you want to turn off the translation patch entirely, you can hit Ctrl + F1 to toggle, Ctrl + F2 to toggle the copy mode between english text and JP text, and Ctrl + F3 toggles search mode.

Please note that hitting Ctrl + F1 - F3 will trigger the shortcut if you have one saved in the first through third slots.

ALSO: You can now search for items by English names, sort of. Type the beginning
    (or whole word) of what you're looking for in english, and then hit "P. Search". It'll (by default) bring up the item in JP first, then english. Click it, and it'll post the JP + English in the bar. simply delete the "|" and the english part so only the JP is left and hit search!

The "Check market" button DOES work with the patch, you just need to hold CTRL when you select it

DISCLAIMER:

As with any patch/modification/simply connecting to the server, there is no guarantee you will not get banned using this tool or the patches contained herein. The chance of you getting banned is the same as if you were only using the EN patch. It's a client side modification, so SEGA cannot currently detect it. You use this tool at your own risk, and as-is. Neither this tool, Arks-Layer, or PSOW or any affiliates are at fault if you do get banned. Thank you.

Credits:

Enjoy, and be sure to thank Raven0123, Variant, and arcnmx for all their hard work! A big shout out to Cirnopedia for the translations as well! \o/

With the newest patch supporting item descriptions, I'd also like to thank the Arkive staff, as we're using some of their item descriptions. It's a shame that the project was cancelled, but it will not be forgotten.

If you can get the dll able to do a simple scan so it can auto update itself each matainence then i can get you the pointer data needed. depending on how its programmed it will be easy to update. However there is a character limit so some names will get shortened. I think its 16 characters long if memory serves right. A simple check would prevent crashes. We can also look into decompressing the temp name file to see if that effects anything

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Ah... Damn it, this means I have to help. I'll drop a PM when I get the chance, though I'm not sure how much help I can be.

I'd love to help, but I haven't worked in coding for about 16 years. I've forgotten just about everything I learned. Sorry =(
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

I'm good with both, feel free to ring me up if you need. Not sure I want to publicize my experience here tho :P

Drats.

This. This right here. This is why I wish I remembered ANY C++.

Drats.

Once the C programmers are in, i will be getting the raw pointer data. It will go without saying that there should be a bold warning about using this at your own risk since technicly its a ToS issue, then agian the other english patch and US players being on the server is a ToS as well but whos counting XD.

Edit: I wish i knew more than a little bit of lua and the very very tiny bit of VB i took in high school.

Edit2: Well the script i wrote still works after the last few updates. It's just a matter of getting the dll to reflect it... and trying to explain my really bad lua.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by MrTurkleton; Apr 9, 2013 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTurkleton View Post
    Once the C programmers are in, i will be getting the raw pointer data. It will go without saying that there should be a bold warning about using this at your own risk since technicly its a ToS issue, then agian the other english patch and US players being on the server is a ToS as well but whos counting XD.

Edit: I wish i knew more than a little bit of lua and the very very tiny bit of VB i took in high school.

Edit2: Well the script i wrote still works after the last few updates. It's just a matter of getting the dll to reflect it... and trying to explain my really bad lua.

Spoiler!
    @ the picture.

You guys are going to put Sega of America out of business!

Seriously, if it takes you guys next to no time to translate shit, then A) Why isn't there a western release yet? and B) Who really NEEDS a western release/why work on one when they can just allow this by throwing their ToS out the door? Sega... why oh why can't your team be this good...
    PSO2
    Team Celestial

Quote Originally Posted by Income Taxs View Post
    Seriously, if it takes you guys next to no time to translate shit, then A) Why isn't there a western release yet?
    "Because a localization encompasses more than just a translation."

—Gardios in like every topic ever