Page 181 of 213 FirstFirst ... 81131171178179180181182183184191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2124
    Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Also, I fixed the reported issues, and have pulled the untranslated scene of Kotoshiro yelling (along with a few others and a bunch of blue tablets). These changes aren't live yet, but will be when we update some more story stuff. Thanks!
    This was two weeks ago. What sort of time scale are we looking at for more updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ehtlfjftbU

In case you need to know what to translate for 3-7, seeing how the lack of moonrune submissions seemed to slow the pace of the story patch. (This was the only video I could find of the story mission.)
    Ship 02

According to this they already have the text for everything:

You guys have no idea how hyped I am right now. I just found a way to get PSO2 to dump every single line of text in the entire game, along with the files they're in. (The game has 107,439 lines of text, by the way!)

This means that instead of hitting and missing, taking days to find chapters, and doing a ton of manual labor, we can do all that in seconds! We could (with enough translators) have story chapters done and translated the day they're released (maybe even before the server comes back up?!).

I'm going to go grab the rest of story mode (most likely including 3-7) and send it over so we can get it done. o7

THE WAITING HAS FINALLY PAID OFF.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    According to this they already have the text for everything:
    And yet they apparently need either screenshots or video to figure out where the stuff is. So I'm assuming that they're either A)taking a break, B)needing this because the method relies on it, or C)are once again getting lazy with their efforts.

Given how much of a bitch their most recent translation effort was, I'm going to bank on A, though B might be likely given how they keep asking for screenies and C is rather likely given that their chief story translator and AIDA have slacker personalities.

But then again, I can't exactly rule out anything. AIDA and Wayu probably have their own reasons for why 3-7 is taking forever (although I'd love to hear them).

D) this is not their job and do it on their free time.

If you have complaints about the translations, this thread is for pointing errors so they can be fixed.

And I don't know when did they ask for screenshots after that post, I'm sure the same processes that extracts the texts registers where that texts needs to go.

A gchat exchange between the two I saw a day or two back sounded like for whatever reason AIDA hadn't forwarded the relevant files to Wayu or smth...

Routine organisational communication SNAFU in other words.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    And yet they apparently need either screenshots or video to figure out where the stuff is.
    I haven't seen them asking for screenshots for months, they only ask screen to correct translations errors now. The program they recently developped makes screenshot for translations useless, that's probaly why they were able to put 3-1 to 3-3 99% and 3-4 to 3-6 story quest translations in like 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    AIDA and Wayu probably have their own reasons for why 3-7 is taking forever (although I'd love to hear them).
    Well if you did MB 3-7 it's easy to figure out :
    1) there are more texts than in others MB of episode 3

2) You probably know about the MB 3-3 cinematic about Harukotan history that's still untranslated. Well according to AIDA :
    That "movie" scene doesn't have actual subs - I believe those are hard coded on there :c I'm looking into alternative ways of doing it.
    Back to 3-7, it got like 3 or 4 cinematics like this. I don't know if they have the same problem than for 3-3, but that's a possibility, though you actually got the text in your log window compared to that MB 3-3 video where you can't even Google translate yourself via copy-paste because it's not even in your log window, so i'm not sure on that Maybe they will have the same problem than that Regius video. They solved that one but basically, everytime you got a video like Regius speech or Harukotan history (where the text is at bottom center), it seems to require a different approach for them, so no guarantee the program will work on that. (hope i was clear)

3) IRL things apply for everyone working on the translation, so it's not possible to have a reliable schedule on when an update will come, even if their new program works at the speed of light lol

I wouldn't worry too much, it's been like just 2 weeks since last update that's not much, and from what i understood they want the next update to be a bigger one unlike the last.
    Last edited by Cyber Meteor; Nov 6, 2015 at 12:49 PM.

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Seriously. They're doing it for fun, with a volunteer force. The exact opposite of being lazy and laid back.

If you have complaints about the translations, this thread is for pointing errors so they can be fixed.
    Pretty sure I lumped in your reason here with A. I know that they do this on their free time - after all, I never specified how long their break was somehow supposed to be. Also, I'm not forcing them to do anything - I just simply stated my thoughts on why I felt things were the way they were.

And given that they ARE doing this as a volunteer job, I don't exactly have the right to be complaining about their work, now do I? On the other hand, I would at least like it if they didn't dick around and rewrite the story to their own damn liking (using translations as a proxy to be a joking ass dick and do parody BS/meme stuff). But the odd spelling error? I'm not gonna go ham on them for that - other people would probably do that with far more class than I would.

Spoiler!

It bears mentioning again that I'm okay if AIDA/Wayu doesn't get these things done in an instant - I'm just worried some more unsavory unintellignent types might come bumrushing in here with demands, making their "jobs" more stressful to the point that they might not even want to do it anymore.

I'd like to save them that hassle if I can. Even if I come across as "demanding" myself (though I don't see myself that way, but YMMV).

I'm getting a black screen when attempting to start 3-4 for the first time. Seems like the game is trying to read scripts but hangs. I have only the story patch installed, no English main or large and no item translations. What can I do?

Also tried file checking and all that - the game works fine without the story patch, btw.
    ウル・inactive
    M Human | M Human | F Newman | F Cast