Default PSO2 Emergency Quest Twitter Bot Alert

ok ive been using this for awhile but imma just share with you guys

https://twitter.com/pso2_emg_bot

this twitter bot here basically updates whenever an Emergency Quest alert is starting in any ship...

so basically you just need to look out for any announcements on whichever ship your playing and what EQ is it....

its 95% instant most of the time

i do not know the jap texts means what EQ
    all i know is this " ダークファルス " means dark falz

so now you can say goodbye to logging in at x hr 45 mins just to check for EQs

Or you can use the PSO2 chrome extension Kion made a while back:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jjggojhj?hl=en

Same thing without having to log in/change whatever page you're working on at all.
    The Big Book of Bosses -Learn how to avoid the Pain Train with 100% success and submit your own boss beating tips!

shame that the bot is hopelessly unreliable
    it misses like a third of the EMs on ship 02
    and sometimes they announce wrong EMs
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Isn't there an english version of this bot? That's possibly more reliable?
    Ship 02

I made an english version using yahoo pipes, except yahoo pipes only runs once every 30 minutes and is uber derpy. Once in a blue moon it works, but mostly it'll be 2-3 hours after the EQ has ended before it picks up the tweet.

The chrome extension uses the pso2_emg_bot as a basis for EQ alerts. Basically what it does it checks the current time, anything less than 45 minutes on the hour and it will sleep. From 45-05 minutes it will continuous check twitter (via ajax requests), to see if a tweet has been posted for the selected ship (by scanning tags of the last 50 posts). If the most recent post matches with the current time, the icon changes to orange.

I need to update it to include the new dragon EQ. I finally got a lot of (high priority) work stuff out of the way, so I'll probably do that this week end.

Edit: As a response to the post above, @PSO2_Ship02emg is a bot specifically for ship 2. Not sure if it's more or less reliable. But a lot of people use that too.
    Last edited by Kion; Apr 16, 2013 at 09:27 AM.

https://twitter.com/Pso2_emg_Rappy

Talkin' 'bout this. Doesn't specify what EM it is, but hey, it's a start.
    Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    I made an english version using yahoo pipes, except yahoo pipes only runs once every 30 minutes and is uber derpy. Once in a blue moon it works, but mostly it'll be 2-3 hours after the EQ has ended before it picks up the tweet.

The chrome extension uses the pso2_emg_bot as a basis for EQ alerts. Basically what it does it checks the current time, anything less than 45 minutes on the hour and it will sleep. From 45-05 minutes it will continuous check twitter (via ajax requests), to see if a tweet has been posted for the selected ship (by scanning tags of the last 50 posts). If the most recent post matches with the current time, the icon changes to orange.

I need to update it to include the new dragon EQ. I finally got a lot of (high priority) work stuff out of the way, so I'll probably do that this week end.

Edit: As a response to the post above, @PSO2_Ship02emg is a bot specifically for ship 2. Not sure if it's more or less reliable. But a lot of people use that too.
    I hope you receive even a few fair bits of revenue for your work, I know how it's like to volunteer so hard. Thanks again. Also, I hear a lot of problems with the Chrome addon and EQ timing, but it's never really been off for me.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    shame that the bot is hopelessly unreliable
    it misses like a third of the EMs on ship 02
    and sometimes they announce wrong EMs
    This is why I feel that sega should have some kind of EM tracker connected with each ship. Not only could it be a browser extension but also a smartphone app. A lot of the people who play this on vita are likely to also have a smartphone of some sort. The notifications would be reliable too since it would be in sync with whatever triggers an EQ. It wouldn't be terribly difficult to implement I'd imagine, but lolSega.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic