Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone else have a problem with psu/arks layer patches?

Having trouble getting the large patches working along with the story translation patch.

Installing the english patch first, then making the needed overwrites happen when installing the story translation after result in the story patch not working anyway, and vice versa.

Anyone have this same problem/fixed it?
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Apr 16, 2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Snip

What do you mean by "the story patch isn't working" --which bit are you at? You may just be at a point that is untranslated as yet

(also make sure you're using all the latest files --all mine are certainly working)
    The Big Book of Bosses -Learn how to avoid the Pain Train with 100% success and submit your own boss beating tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Caledonia View Post
    What do you mean by "the story patch isn't working" --which bit are you at? You may just be at a point that is untranslated as yet

(also make sure you're using all the latest files --all mine are certainly working)
    What I mean is it's working on it's own, but with the other translation patch for enemies, menus, etc there is a problem.

Like I said, if I install the story patch first, then the menu/enemy patch after agreeing to overwriting old files, the menu/enemy patch will not work while the story patch continues to work, and the same happens in reverse when I install the menu/enemy patch first.

Are you using the up to date patch? You should edit the OP as well, since we can't name places that modify game files.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I haven't downloaded the newest story patch...I suppose it's possible there's some overlap with the files. even still that shouldn't affect the entirety of either.

How exactly are you installing them?
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

---and are you installing from a clean build each time?
    The Big Book of Bosses -Learn how to avoid the Pain Train with 100% success and submit your own boss beating tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Caledonia View Post
    ---and are you installing from a clean build each time?
    This.

From a mishap that my brother encountered, this is very important. If you patch over older patches and not a clean folder, it's more likely to cause problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    I suppose it's possible there's some overlap with the files.
    Unless some of the story files cross over into core patch territory, none of the files overwrite each other if you were to put them all in the same folder.

Extracting through winrar. Used the most up to date patches. Extracted menu patches into one empty folder, then the story patch into another empty folder.

Copied the menu patch files into win32, from there, followed by story patch after. Chose to copy and replace as needed. The result is only the menu patch worked.

Deleted the win32 folder, and copied the original copy of it back over, and did the previous action in reverse by starting with the story patch, then the menu patch. Only the story patch worked that time.

So yes, I do it with a fresh win32 folder each time since i copy the original before messing with patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Maronji View Post

Unless some of the story files cross over into core patch territory, none of the files overwrite each other if you were to put them all in the same folder.
    I can't confirm this since the servers just went down, but that might have been the case. I don't think i was imagining things, but after putting in a fresh win32 folder again to just throw in the menu patches alone, it didn't work, and event fields/story were still translated.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't imagining things, and copied over the menu patch that time, and not the story...

Menu patch is like 5mb. So you shouldn't even(or would barely) have noticed the unzip process.

Honestly I use the english launcher since it takes care of all this stuff for me, but it hasn't been getting updated, so I don't think it will accept the new story files since it still thinks the latest menu patch is incompatible with the game.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!