Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Suggestion: more staff members.

Please get a couple new staff/moderators for PSOW.

The front page is barely ever updated with things like patch notes or changes. Also, it takes a really long time for the moderator to verify your account, and it seems like there's only one forum moderator.

Well, the thing is, for someone to even be considered for moderator status, they, at the very least, need to be some mix of intelligent, calm, and mature, for the most part.

So, the amount of viable candidates around here is a resounding 0.

You're probably thinking of the most active, high post count users. I know of a few mature, intelligent people on PSOW who just don't post that much, but I'm not sure if they'd want to be moderators.

I think if they made a "Looking for staff members" type of thread (probably for a trial), some good candidates might apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosel View Post
    You're probably thinking of the most active, high post count users. I know of a few mature, intelligent people on PSOW who just don't post that much, but I'm not sure if they'd want to be moderators.

I think if they made a "Looking for staff members" type of thread (probably for a trial), some good candidates might apply.
    I probably would as well. I'm currently a forum mod for a psobb server.

I'm not volunteering, to be clear. I just think there probably some decent candidates around. It seems like there's basically no active staff on this site.

I'm not volunteering, to be clear. I just think there probably some decent candidates around. It seems like there's basically no active staff on this site.
    They are active. For one thing; if there was NO active Mods, this site would be inundated with posts from Spam bots. Plus, much of the activities are behind the scenes anyways.

The front page is barely ever updated with things like patch notes or changes. Also, it takes a really long time for the moderator to verify your account, and it seems like there's only one forum moderator.
    Account Verification is fairly new, we implemented that due to a sharp increase in spam bots. Most front page stuff is, at least used to be, user submitted. Forum mods can work silently. Deleting posts is common, as is moving stuff to FKL.

We don't recruit staff using a "Looking for Staff" thread. When the higher ups see need for new staff for something, they will ask the current staff about any suggestions for members that would fill that role (for example: if we need more Fan Art coverage, we'd look for choices who are highly active there).

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyleo View Post
    They are active. For one thing; if there was NO active Mods, this site would be inundated with posts from Spam bots. Plus, much of the activities are behind the scenes anyways.
    Exactly. Every now and then we are inundated with spam bots.
    Last edited by Ketchup345; Apr 19, 2013 at 11:36 PM.

I would still argue that another moderator or two would be good for the site.

Also, I don't know what you mean about the front page or how it works... but it's updated very sporadically. I mean, you'll update it with some news, but not all news. I think in the past PSOW updated with patch notes and things like that - or Phantasy Star events/promotions/etc. Now, it looks kind of dead.

As for the account verification, it will probably result in a dead forum if it takes days to get verified.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    I think there is enough staff, http://www.pso-world.com/staffers.php
    I think the OP meant "more staff members that are actually active and do shit"